Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
Unfortunately i can't, because i already installed 1903 on my MacPro mid 2010 :( If I replace the MacHALDriver.sys file in this C: / Windows / System32 / drivers / MacHAL Driver.sys directory with a new one, from that user on this web site: https://virtuallyfun.com/wordpress/2019/05/26/wdf_violation-on-apple-macintosh/ (his name is Gerlin Miguel Nolasco Hernandezdamage) maybe can my system destroyed or not ?

P.S> Download the new MacHAL Driver.sys file you can hea(guy name Gerlin Miguel Nolasco Hernandezdamage): I beg in you please test if you can on some MacPro mid 2010 PLEASE. I can risk and because i have a lot of very important data on my Windows 10 partion. https://mega.nz/#!TrIhmQqA!bPX5u934PCjRHq5TOcpwiPHOV_sMIrUeKGUDVo37pTY
You can roll back to an earlier version of Windows.

silvermacpro

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2017
Thanks so much all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Today i go to the risk and replace MacHAL Driver.sys on that user on this web site: https://virtuallyfun.com/wordpress/2019/05/26/wdf_violation-on-apple-macintosh/ (his name is Gerlin Miguel Nolasco Hernandezdamage) and vuala Bingo!!!! It’s work amazing on my Mac Pro min 2010(BootCamp 5.1)

P.S. Ecusme me. Please answer me on more equation After replacing this file, can i install all windows 1903 updates?

Last edited:

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
Thanks so much all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Today i go to the risk and replace MacHAL Driver.sys on that user on this web site: https://virtuallyfun.com/wordpress/2019/05/26/wdf_violation-on-apple-macintosh/ (his name is Gerlin Miguel Nolasco Hernandezdamage) and vuala Bingo!!!! It’s work amazing on my Mac Pro min 2010(BootCamp 5.1)

P.S. Ecusme me. Please answer me on more equation After replacing this file, can i install all windows 1903 updates?
That file is installed with bootcamp. So yes, Windows updates shouldn't effect it.

Sko

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
Germany
That idea i sow hea, from that user: https://virtuallyfun.com/wordpress/2019/05/26/wdf_violation-on-apple-macintosh/ his name is Gerlin Miguel Nolasco Hernandez

VERY IMPORTANT, VERY IMPORTANT, VERY IMPORTANT!!!! If i replace MacHALDriver.sys in that directory C:/Windows/System32/drivers/MacHAL Driver.sys on a new one of them, from that user my system is will damage?
Thanks a lot for finding this.

Working like a charm, Apple Keyboard and Cinema Display full functional with Mac Pro 2,1 and Boot Camp 4.0.4033. However, neither Boot Camp control panel nor Apple Software Update will work. I just uninstalled the later.

Windows updates went fine so far. Only obstacle left is to get this freaking Bluetooth to work with the Magic Mouse.

Oh, and by the way, when booting into windows in normal mode, there is a small timeframe before Boot Camp services starts where you can click on Start, click on Power, SHIFT click on Restart. An options screen will come up, choose Troubleshoot, choose Advanced, choose Startup Settings, choose Restart. The next reboot will allow you to enter safe mode.

JoshCalvetti

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
Oh, and by the way, when booting into windows in normal mode, there is a small timeframe before Boot Camp services starts where you can click on Start, click on Power, SHIFT click on Restart. An options screen will come up, choose Troubleshoot, choose Advanced, choose Startup Settings, choose Restart. The next reboot will allow you to enter safe mode.

Also, if you get to the login screen, you can restart from there while holding shift. Then you don't have to worry about the bad driver firing at all.

Reactions: Sko

Sko

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
Germany
OMG, it's so easy getting the Magic Mouse to work, I can't believe it.

All I had to do was un-pairing it from the macOS side of my Mac Pro, restarting in Windows, pairing it, restarting to macOS, pairing it there again and all is well now.

@JoshCalvetti Thanks for the little trick, didn't know that one. I'm learning more about Windows than I ever wanted to know ;)

njau

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2019
I went back to 1903, entered Safe Mode and uninstalled Boot Camp Services, then restarted into Windows and I haven't had a BSOD crash yet. The only thing is my MBP keyboard won't light up and the function keys only work as real function keys (F1-F12) and not feature keys (e.g. volume and screen controls).
[doublepost=1568412548][/doublepost]I hav the same situation as you. Did you ever fix the backlight keyboard and function keys?

silvermacpro

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2017
I went back to 1903, entered Safe Mode and uninstalled Boot Camp Services, then restarted into Windows and I haven't had a BSOD crash yet. The only thing is my MBP keyboard won't light up and the function keys only work as real function keys (F1-F12) and not feature keys (e.g. volume and screen controls).

For those ones who still having that issue here a solution boot your machine on safe mode and replace this file on C:/Windows/System32/drivers/MacHAL Driver.sys with this one: https://mega.nz/#!TrIhmQqA!bPX5u934PCjRHq5TOcpwiPHOV_sMIrUeKGUDVo37pTY

And all will work like charm. I am used it

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands

silvermacpro

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2017
Hey, any chance you could make this file available again? I'm having the same problem with the keyboard backlight and volume control. Thanks in advance.

You must boot into the safe mod on Windows 10 and replace file which is located in zip archive.
Happy New Year And Merry Christmas! I wish everyone in the new year, have a new Mac Pro 7.1!

Attachments

• wdf_violation_fix.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.