Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RiseDarthVader

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
I don't think he did a video on unboxing it though. He is incredibly lucky though and the store staff that sold him it is probably getting fired.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
why the ****** is everyone so damn critical of everything?????

nicely done....no real surprises...like how cover snaps back without adding magnets...

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Wow the guy just took time to create an unboxing video and upload it and then come here to share it.

I for one find it really useful - so thanks for uploading. Enjoy your new iPad mini. I look forward to getting mine tomorrow (I'm UK, it's currently Thursday night ha).

:D

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Thanks for the video my Sydney friend! Especially the comparisons between the different products and smart covers.

I shall be going to the George St Apple Store and picking up my own mini at lunch. Though will probably get the sexy red smart cover.

RiseDarthVader

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
Thanks for the feedback guys and it was a pleasure to make the video showing the comparisons.

RiseDarthVader

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
Nice video, from the pictures I've seen.. the US version's box seems WAY smaller.. guess I'll find out tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it's because of the different charger.
Yeah the US one uses the little block charger. The iPhone 5 box was also noticeably chunky here too.

thelead

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2010
why the ****** is everyone so damn critical of everything?????

nicely done....no real surprises...like how cover snaps back without adding magnets...

Although just an iteration, that cover looks very well thought out. I hope they make a new cover for the bigger ipad to match.

RiseDarthVader

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
so, what you think of the screen quality?
After using retina only Apple products for the last 7 months or so it's noticeably subpar. Text isn't as well rendered and from my current initial impression the colours are also duller then the iPhone 5 and iPad 3rd generation. It looks a lot like the iPhone 3GS screen I used to own.

Scott2345

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2012
After using retina only Apple products for the last 7 months or so it's noticeably subpar. Text isn't as well rendered and from my current initial impression the colours are also duller then the iPhone 5 and iPad 3rd generation. It looks a lot like the iPhone 3GS screen I used to own.

thanks bro, and btw nice video. too many haters around here.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL

I was wondering about this too.. I use a 15" rMBP, an iPhone 5 and previously owned a retina iPad. I plan on buying one when my local store opens (about 13 more hours) just hoping I can tolerate the display.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Thanks for the video risedarth

I'm going with the same combo too dark gray Smart Cover & black ipad mini

That was a big ass wall charger

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I didn't watch it as I like to experience it for myself, but thanks for posting it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.