Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
I have seen several posts here over the years from people admitting to doing that very thing, as well as fellow forum member advising to do the same, which I don't agree with.
I'm not condoning it. It was a joke, but I'm sure people try to cheat the system.

tazdevl

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
Chose the regular one, never believed in that blue light stuff. Working really well over here!
I seem to sleep better with one and there’s enough peer reviewed literature to support it, I’m in the why not category.

One thing I will give Flolab props for is their adhesive. Fair bit stringer than Zagg which isnt a bad thing imo.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Too thick of a glass protector can mess with pen input. I go naked these days.

marcusalwayswins

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2021
I put a spiegen glass ez fit immediately on my new 12.9, can’t notice any difference zero bubbles. It’s mostly for peace of mind. I did not use a screen protector on my 2018 iPad Pro, did not notice any scratches unless you look for them under certain lighting conditions.

If you can't stand scratches on the screen, you have your answer. Without one, the screen will get scratches sooner or later. The protector also makes it easier to wipe off fingerprints.

I seem to sleep better with one and there’s enough peer reviewed literature to support it, I’m in the why not category.

One thing I will give Flolab props for is their adhesive. Fair bit stringer than Zagg which isnt a bad thing imo.
My tech armor ballistic glass screen protector works great, even with the apple pencil!!!
Went without for the first time when I got my 11" Pro because of the glass screen protector touch glitches (registered funny if it was on a pillow, or not touching the metal sides, etc). Got a micro scratch on the outer bezel from wiping with a cloth after about 3 weeks of use -- and I treat my iPads with kid gloves!

I put a glass screen protector on and no more scratches and the micro scratch isn't visible anymore. A later software dot release seemed to have fixed the wonky touch stuff too. Never again going w/o a glass protector.

Since I WFH most days now, I just use my phone with no case, a magnetic PopSocket, but definitely still have a glass screen protector. I'm fussy about my screens. :)

Just transferred the full screen protector from my 2018 12.9 iPad Pro to my 2021. Works fine.

slapping a flolab glass protector on it and calling it a day.

Question to all of you guys !! After putting the Tempered Glass Screen Protector on the 12.9" iPad Pro with Mini-LED, Do you feel any difference in the Display Clarity or any difference in the Colours or Brightness or Contrast ?

Last edited:

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
What the ? screen protector ??? on that stunning mini led display, absolutely not.

Mac407

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2018
Question to all of you guys !! After putting the Tempered Glass Screen Protector on the 12.9" iPad Pro with Mini-LED, Do you feel any difference in the Display Clarity or any difference in the Colours or Brightness or Contrast ?
Nope, just like I can’t tell a difference when I put a glass protector on my iPhone. It’s clear. Like some others had said, it comes down to whether or not a scratch will bother you. Every time I’ve gone naked, sooner or later I would get some scratches. Now is it noticeable when viewing content? Not really, but I know they are there ? my 2018 pro did not have one on and it seemed fine. YMMV

Chazani

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2014
No. I see no difference at all in the quality, colours or brightness/contrast. My apple pencil works fine on it as well. As for jittery lines, I can’t draw good anyhow so I don’t think it matters for me. I use the pencil more as my pointer tapper than a doodle noodle. ☺️

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
I ordered this magnetic screen protector someone recommended in the IPad delivery tracker thread called “Stary” that I’m willing to check out.

The idea of putting a screen protector on this magnificent screen bums me out so hard. Which is why I thought to try out this magnetic version.

SO does the idea of $150 in Apple Care… HOWEVER doesn’t it cover all 3 items? My iPad Pro, pencil AND the MK? If it does, it may be worth it.

The only thing that troubles me is AC is only good for 2 years, No? Then what? I would love to have this screen GO BARE But smashing it scares me and feels easier to do than with a MBP.

Reactions: rui no onna

MrEcted

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2011
I've never put a screen protector on anything and never will. Whenever I've messed with them in the past on friends' devices I've always noticed that they just don't feel as good and to me they seems to make smudges and fingerprints more pronounced.

Reactions: Bea220

SpringKid

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2019
Yes. A high-quality glass screen protector will not reduce quality of view while protecting that expensive mini-LED screen. I run a glass screen protector on my 11”, tried the paper like screen protector and hated that it reduced quality / ”fuzzed” over the screen. So yes, with a very good protector well worth it, IMHO.
Paper Like made me want to get a second iPad. It's really good for drawing, but since I also use my iPad for million other things, I eventually removed it because it definitely makes viewing things worse.

Reactions: Bea220

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
Pls report back. Interesting concept.
Well…. it…. doesn’t quite feel like it’s much protection but I love the fact it isn’t stuck stuck on there. It’s just weird. There are instructions that don’t make sense. I’ll probably use it only when I use Procreate. It’s a sin to have to cover this gorgeous screen but it’s also a sin to not protect it, considering how much it costs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.