Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VisceralRealist

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2023
Long Beach, California
They're not returning to a fully in-person WWDC because a live event is complex and costly, and they can save money and time and have complete control over the information they are putting out if the event is pre-recorded. There is no incentive for Apple to return to live events.

I don't care for the pre-recorded events either, but surely it is obvious why Apple will never bring them back.

Last edited:

cogzero

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2023
To inoculate yourself from all the cringe awkwardness pre-WWDC, I suggest consuming a good dose of Nvidia events beforehand. Dear god. You'll be cured!

JohannesO

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2022
I'm really surprised people want to bring back live events. The WWDC 2023 keynote was already over 2 hours, can you imagine how long it would be if people were reacting to every little thing? I'm busy, I don't need it to be drawn out.

If you are busy, don’t watch it at all. Read a summary. It’s way faster.

L92

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2022
Please, what the hell are you ranting about.
I'm guessing the hate is coming from sometimes seeing people of color and/or women onscreen who are obviously on the top of their careers. Must be frustrating, if you are a r... an "antiwoke" person.

• Disagree
Reactions: gusmula

maxdefcon

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2007
I was thinking the same thing. This place is riddled with cry babies and I don’t care who dislikes/hates this comment. I understand if you’re not happy with Apple, but come on.

k1121j

Suspended
Mar 28, 2009
New Hampshire
Doing the bare minimum again! I’m not a developer but I bet they liked going and don’t like watching these productions they do now. Shame on you Tim trying to save a few bucks? Lazzzzy

phgreer

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Greenville, SC
Covid is over! Let's please go back to the live events! This makes it look like they are afraid to get on stage and meet with people in person!

phgreer

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Greenville, SC
I honestly prefer the old school live events when the presenters walk on stage and give humanly demos. These pre-recorded events suck and I don't think anybody at Apple knows it. Apple should reserve introducing iPad Pros & Airs until this event.
I totally agree!

phgreer

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Greenville, SC
They're not returning to a fully in-person WWDC because a live event is complex and costly, and they can save money and time and have complete control over the information they are putting out if the event is pre-recorded. There is no incentive for Apple to return to live events.

I don't care for the pre-recorded events either, but surely it is obvious why Apple will never bring them back.
Boo! They should at least do one a year. Definitely for WWDC or for a major product release.

Reactions: VisceralRealist

Bustycat

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2015
New Taipei, Taiwan
I'm really surprised people want to bring back live events. The WWDC 2023 keynote was already over 2 hours, can you imagine how long it would be if people were reacting to every little thing? I'm busy, I don't need it to be drawn out.
Because they spent a half of time on saying how great a product is.

avkills

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
I’m guessing Tim Sweeney isn’t going to be invited.
This is hilarious in the fact that more than likely Apple is using Unreal technology to make these pre-recorded videos. It is obvious they are using some sort of virtual production system; and almost all of them use Unreal Engine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.