Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

treyjustice

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
TX
can't wait! I upgraded on black friday from my og xbox one x. Big difference in speed to me. I'll wait and see if I upgrade to this new one probably wait a bit

Reactions: Donfor39

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
Anyway hope X series hits u.k. late 20"
Any dimensions from the Borg yet.
[automerge]1578216832[/automerge]
It will be crazy - like that one year where Xbox and Playstation released a week apart... :eek:

There's supposed to be a "cheaper" model (Anaconda) coming out as well.

Maybe they'll just update the Xbox One X to to 8Tflops and SSD (so it reaches the 4k/30)... Supposedly $399. Whereas the Series X will come in at $499.

Hence the "X series", maybe they took their cue from Apple?

Now the day after, Gamestop has Xbox One X's for $349 plus two game downloads plus a $50 gift card...

Meh, hard sells now anyways...

499 dollars....I"m thinking 449-499 Uk pounds@launch

Last edited:

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
The only thing I'm reluctant about is like in the 3DO days, Devs made almost everything with Video because it was "the thing"...

Hope Devs don't overdo this "ray-tracing" thing just doing it in games for the sake of doing it.

If they do, hopefully there's a setting to turn it down/off so you can get the maximum framerate in the game...

Fully get what you're saying, I am really glad there is a focus on performance with next gen and definitely not interested in gimmicks anymore - having said that, I've been running an RTX 2080 in my PC for a while now and some of the ray traced games look absolutely incredible. I don't mind if some games want to prioritise visuals over performance every now and then.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Fully get what you're saying, I am really glad there is a focus on performance with next gen and definitely not interested in gimmicks anymore - having said that, I've been running an RTX 2080 in my PC for a while now and some of the ray traced games look absolutely incredible. I don't mind if some games want to prioritise visuals over performance every now and then.

If they just make it "an option" - that will keep everyone happy!

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
X Box-X Series attached.

Attachments

• 16470D21-2DBE-41F6-B8F6-58378F9857AC.jpeg
    16470D21-2DBE-41F6-B8F6-58378F9857AC.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
The only thing I'm reluctant about is like in the 3DO days, Devs made almost everything with Video because it was "the thing"...

Hope Devs don't overdo this "ray-tracing" thing just doing it in games for the sake of doing it.

If they do, hopefully there's a setting to turn it down/off so you can get the maximum framerate in the game...

Lens flare!

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I find the design really really cool, and would take up less space in my living room.

I'll give Microsoft a chance this time. Never had an Xbox. PlayStation has so many great games this generation that I will probably trust them again, but will have an eye opened for the new Xbox.

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Thanks height seriously exceeds my Oak t.v. Unit.
Maybe X series could take place opposite Router behind t.v.

It is an odd shaped console, frankly. Most entertainment centers are designed for components that are not tall but wide. Microsoft said Xbox Series X can be laid down on its side, but then the logo is not facing correctly and doesn't look natural.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Seems they were afraid to really give it a design... Guess the design isn't important. Curious what Sony did with the PS5, can't be long until they show it to the world.

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2013
A family member will be getting this, so I'll have a good look at it in person before deciding wether to save up for it.

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
I'll be picking one up. Hoping someone will be running a trade-in offer with previous consoles. I think I may go all-digital once this is released, simply for the sake of load times.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
Are recent reports accurate:-

Dropped Optical TosLink.
Dropped Bluetooth Audio.

That's my Sky soundbox limited to HDMI- unless I can utilise HDMI from XSeries-to tv and Use t.v. Optical Out to Soundbox.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
I'll be picking one up. Hoping someone will be running a trade-in offer with previous consoles. I think I may go all-digital once this is released, simply for the sake of load times.

Gamestop always had the best trade-up deal.

When Xbox One X came out, it was $99 with the trade-in of an Xbox One S (for Members). Unfortunately didn't take advantage of it.

When Switch v2 came out, it was $75 with a the trade in of an original Switch (for Members).

I took advantage of a $125 deal for an Xbox One S Minecraft system w/ $50 gift card with a trade in of an iPad or iPhone (for members).

I took advantage of getting $240 for a PS4 slim (which is what i paid for it year and a half before) to trade up to a used Pro system.

Gamestop may not make it to this holiday season an if they do - they may not be able to afford great trade-in deals like I've been getting...

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
I took advantage of a nice deal at the Microsoft Store in Tysons for my trade in. Gave up my Xbox One S, paid a little out of pocket, and received an Xbox One X with 5 games: Gears 4, Resident Evil 2, 3 Metro games.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I took advantage of a nice deal at the Microsoft Store in Tysons for my trade in. Gave up my Xbox One S, paid a little out of pocket, and received an Xbox One X with 5 games: Gears 4, Resident Evil 2, 3 Metro games.

The Metro games are excellent (Well... the first two are), with the exception of Metro:Exodus. Which is really unfortunate, because that game was heavily demoed at the E3 conference back in 2017 from 4A games, and is even initially delayed to further ‘polish it’. But I felt the sound Dynamics were horrible, the gameplay was sloppy with frame rate issues, distant shadowing with images being ‘to dark’, the character models dialogue was off, ect.

If you can remember Back to the “What game are you playing thread”, once you play all three, I’m curious to what you think of Metro:Exodus. It’s the only game I’ve ever preordered that I actually returned within the next day, it was that bad. But then again, I kind of have a high caliber of what I expect in terms of gaming in this era, as quite a few developers have raise the bar in terms of putting on a quality piece.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004

Oops, yeah, forgot about the trade-in deals at the MS Store, they usually have good Holiday trade-ins, especially from Playstations... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.