Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paddy learner

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
ireland
tried everthing including the extra edit info

thanks cave man and robbieduncan
gekko513
thanks you sure try hard but any attempt to do any thing over the text fields only lights up the six resize blue button holders

I figure that there is some tiny glitch that is causing the problem

is it better to pursue down grading from tiger to panter as A guy I know has last years iBook with some lesser version or should I install the classic or 9 version from my own disks

for the moment the piority is to get some form of xcode working or some other type such as crystal or similar freebee developer program

paddy

paddy learner

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
ireland
got to go for one hour or so

will check back one hour but not with broad band only slow tele connection
\
tomorrow back on broad band in the morning

paddy

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
This is indeed very strange ... you can set the nextkeyview programmatically, but you need to get this interfacebuilder thing to work if you're going to use Xcode in an efficient manner.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Starting with the first picture I have nothing connected. The second picture shows what it looks like after I have control clicked in the first text field and dragged it to the second.

When you release the the mouse button the inspector will show the Target/Action tab. Change it to the Outlets tab and select nextKeyView which will be bold. It's now connected.

At the end it looks like the 3rd screenshot.

Done

Attachments

• Grab1.png
    Grab1.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Grab2.png
    Grab2.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Grab3.png
    Grab3.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 82

paddy learner

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
ireland
Problem nearly solved definitly confirmed a bug in program

today located another user of last years apple iBook and fired up his xcode and the program funcioned correctly on his cibook drag control etc
same finger operation dosnt work on my I book so as the other guy is more advanced in Aple book he is doing various reinstalles software updates to see if that solves the problem

will return when results are known

Paddy

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
I'm glad you got some help eventually. I'm also glad that we were able to determine that it is some kind of issue with your installation and not some kind of issue with the collective communication skills of us forum posters. :p

paddy learner

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
ireland
Well the advantage of friday is you have the whole weekend to laugh

pic says it all

the chose in the interface builder preferences was ticked so blocking all acces to drag drop faciltly:eek: :eek:

in the pic the tick is removed and program funcions correcly:eek: :eek:

ah well learnt a lot about grab and forums etc
of to buy a pint for the other guy for cracking it :eek:

Attachments

• finalpicjaj.jpg
    finalpicjaj.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 96
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.