Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Why would you use beta 1 when it's up to beta 5 ?

Because the issues they've introduced with b5 make iOS unstable, like the email issues. b1 was acceptable, so why not use it? b2 destroyed email reliability.

----------

I've been using Beta 5 for a while without issues.

On what device?

----------

I've been using Beta 5 for a while without issues.

And do you use it with the Tivo app, or what app are you preventing from jailbreak detection?

ilkevinli

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2006
NYC
I'm using it on an iPhone 6 and it works great with the Tivo app. Beta 5 is the only version that worked for me without screwing up other apps.

Because the issues they've introduced with b5 make iOS unstable, like the email issues. b1 was acceptable, so why not use it? b2 destroyed email reliability.

----------

On what device?

----------

And do you use it with the Tivo app, or what app are you preventing from jailbreak detection?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I'm using it on an iPhone 6 and it works great with the Tivo app. Beta 5 is the only version that worked for me without screwing up other apps.

Hmm, well I've only tried 1-3, so I suppose since you're actually using it on b5 with Tivo and saying it works, I'm going to have to give it a shot. b1-3 were really bad when it came to checking email .. whenever wifi wasn't connected, I would open my email and the list of emails would be blank until it re-downloaded them all from the server again. A real pain when international when on edge. LOL

Will try it out and report back how it works for me :)

DigitalDawn

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2011
Could someone please share which repo they used for Xcon 40 Beta 5? I've been looking and not sure which of these repos are safe.

Thanks.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Could someone please share which repo they used for Xcon 40 Beta 5? I've been looking and not sure which of these repos are safe.

Thanks.

https://github.com/n00neimp0rtant/xCon-Issues

Just download it and SSH into your phone to install it.

I can confirm it works, and thus far no side effects on my iPad Mini Retina. I'm actually feeling like it's a bit snappier, and it seems like I don't get the even occasional error I got on v40b1

Thus far I say it's a great update.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

Okay, unfortunately I spoke too soon. The v40b5 release has ZERO added stability\reliability over v40b1 ... same situation with the occasional "unauthorized modifications detected" and email issues. Going back to v40b1. If your purpose for using this is Tivo, no need to go from v40b1 to v40b5, as the same issues persist.

ilkevinli

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2006
NYC
I don't have any of those issues anymore with Beta 5. As you, I did have them with Beta 1. I would suggest you restore from a backup BEFORE you installed v40B1. That might fix your issues.

Okay, unfortunately I spoke too soon. The v40b5 release has ZERO added stability\reliability over v40b1 ... same situation with the occasional "unauthorized modifications detected" and email issues. Going back to v40b1. If your purpose for using this is Tivo, no need to go from v40b1 to v40b5, as the same issues persist.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I don't have any of those issues anymore with Beta 5. As you, I did have them with Beta 1. I would suggest you restore from a backup BEFORE you installed v40B1. That might fix your issues.

Restore iOS from a backup? In a time when there is no jailbreak available?

I am have zero desire to jump out of a plane without a parachute, but thanks for your insight. LOL. The current version and b1 both work just fine, just with general issues that have plagued every xcon since the inception of xcon.

Last edited by a moderator:

ilkevinli

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2006
NYC
I forgot that Apple stops signing the older firmware.

The issues that plagued Beta 1 seem to be fixed in Beta 5. However, if your stating that you still have the issues when you installed b5, I'm thinking there must be something left from the previous b1 still causing issues. Did you try uninstalling b1 before insatlling b5 ?

Restore iOS from a backup? In a time when there is no jailbreak available?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I forgot that Apple stops signing the older firmware.

The issues that plagued Beta 1 seem to be fixed in Beta 5. However, if your stating that you still have the issues when you installed b5, I'm thinking there must be something left from the previous b1 still causing issues. Did you try uninstalling b1 before insatlling b5 ?

You "forgot" that Apple stops signing older firmware, and you question the question I threw out there?

B1 vs B5 has the same effect on TiVo... I even tried it on a clean device that's never had xCon...

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Is this a jailbreak issue?

I am not sure if this is a jailbreak issue or not, or if it is just an issue.

In two different apps, Whitepages, and Discover, there are text-input boxes, it seems if I input text, then try to proceed to the next box, then the stuff that I typed does not stick.

In the Discover App, it’s the username box that won't take the text-input. In the Whitepages App, it’s the "Street address" box for reversing street addresses.

I have tried to search for an answer, but don't see how to go about the search.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I am not sure if this is a jailbreak issue or not, or if it is just an issue.

In two different apps, Whitepages, and Discover, there are text-input boxes, it seems if I input text, then try to proceed to the next box, then the stuff that I typed does not stick.

In the Discover App, it’s the username box that won't take the text-input. In the Whitepages App, it’s the "Street address" box for reversing street addresses.

I have tried to search for an answer, but don't see how to go about the search.

Are you lost? Doesn't seem relevant to the thread topic.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Are you lost? Doesn't seem relevant to the thread topic.

Well, Yes, I was lost. I found out the cause, it was ReachApp, however the Dev Corrected it. I would not have suspected that as the cause, and disabled one thing at a time until the problem went away.

But no, you are not correct, it was relevant. I was inquiring whether or not it was in fact a jailbreak issue. If it was not working because of the jailbreak, due to the app checking for a jailbreak, which it does. There was another post in this thread about people having issues with the TouchID, and they were trying to use the xCon to solve the issue. It worked for them, but I was still having an issue despite the continued issue. After correcting the ReachApp issue, the xCon solved the remaining problem.

Thanks so much for you insight, although it was not the least bit helpful.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Well, Yes, I was lost.

Thanks so much for you insight, although it was not the least bit helpful.

You come into a thread, post gibberish that has nothing to do with the thread topic, then you reply with this when someone suggests you're in the wrong place? Sorry to have pointed you in the right direction. Clearly your issue didn't indicate anything having to do with JB detection, but whatever. Not going to continue down this road.

Good luck getting help around here with that mindset.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
You come into a thread, post gibberish that has nothing to do with the thread topic, then you reply with this when someone suggests you're in the wrong place? Sorry to have pointed you in the right direction. Clearly your issue didn't indicate anything having to do with JB detection, but whatever. Not going to continue down this road.

Good luck getting help around here with that mindset.

You are the one with a bad mindset. I came in this thread to see IF my problem was with jaiilbreak detection, nobody offered any advice on it.

You did NOT point me in ANY direction. If you feel that I am in the wrong place, pointing me in the right direction, would point me to a specific place. Your comment was just a rude comment, nothing more.

It was NOT clear that the issue did not have anything to do with jailbreak detection, as many people ARE having an issue with the Discover Card App and jailbreak detection. As I stated before, it turned out that I actually DID have a jailbreak detection issue with that app.

I thought, that maybe the jailbreak detection was preventing me from entering a username/password. If an app detects a jailbreak, couldn't it be programmed to not allow you to login to the app?

I think the reason why this thread exists is for users to ask for help. I even mentioned that I had searched for a solution, however was unsure how to go about searching, as I was unsure of the problem.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
You are the one with a bad mindset. I came in this thread to see IF my problem was with jaiilbreak detection, nobody offered any advice on it.

You did NOT point me in ANY direction. If you feel that I am in the wrong place, pointing me in the right direction, would point me to a specific place. Your comment was just a rude comment, nothing more.

It was NOT clear that the issue did not have anything to do with jailbreak detection, as many people ARE having an issue with the Discover Card App and jailbreak detection. As I stated before, it turned out that I actually DID have a jailbreak detection issue with that app.

I thought, that maybe the jailbreak detection was preventing me from entering a username/password. If an app detects a jailbreak, couldn't it be programmed to not allow you to login to the app?

I think the reason why this thread exists is for users to ask for help. I even mentioned that I had searched for a solution, however was unsure how to go about searching, as I was unsure of the problem.

You're absolutely wrong. Neither Discover nor Whitepages have jailbreak detection. Furthermore, why would jailbreak detection prevent you from entering text into a box even if it did have said "feature" ?!??! that doesn't even make sense. Do you know what the purpose of jailbreak detection is? It's a built in feature to prevent you from using the app because it knows your jailbroken... apps like streaming media apps, banking apps, etc, use it to "protect you" from yourself.

Anyhow, no this was not the right forum to ask in. My advice would be to create a new thread, which will get you exposure to the question in a relevant location without disrupting an unrelated thread. I know you're new here, so I'm sorry if I was harsh with my response, but next time read the context of the thread to make sure you're posting in an appropriate place.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
You're absolutely wrong. Neither Discover nor Whitepages have jailbreak detection. Furthermore, why would jailbreak detection prevent you from entering text into a box even if it did have said "feature" ?!??! that doesn't even make sense. Do you know what the purpose of jailbreak detection is? It's a built in feature to prevent you from using the app because it knows your jailbroken... apps like streaming media apps, banking apps, etc, use it to "protect you" from yourself.

Anyhow, no this was not the right forum to ask in. My advice would be to create a new thread, which will get you exposure to the question in a relevant location without disrupting an unrelated thread. I know you're new here, so I'm sorry if I was harsh with my response, but next time read the context of the thread to make sure you're posting in an appropriate place.

First of all , check post #28 in this thread, the Discover App was ALREADY being discussed...

I think you fail to grasp the concept, I DID read the thread, its not that complicated.

I do know the purpose of jailbreak detection. Its not a hard concept to understand.

The Discover App, DOES have jailbreak detection, which I ended up bypassing with Flex 2. ( https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1815903/ )

I think you are just again being rude, and I did NOT post in the wrong place. My request for help, did NOT disrupt anybody. The disruption was caused by your rude comments.

You can continue to think whatever you want, as everyone is entitled to their own opinion - even if they are wrong.

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
Bank of American App now requires you to type in a code for verification when using TouchID, so far beta 1 and 5 don't work to bypass it with xCon or tsProtector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.