Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found an xCon type app that masks that you have a jailbroken device. I used it successfully with PQChat, but that is the only app I have which detects root access to the phone.

Take a look at http://typ0s2d10.appspot.com/repo -- add that to Cydia.

Again, not sure if it has been posted but it works well for me with the app I need it for.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found an xCon type app that masks that you have a jailbroken device. I used it successfully with PQChat, but that is the only app I have which detects root access to the phone.

Again, not sure if it has been posted but it works well for me with the app I need it for.

Does it work on blocking JB detection on the Tivo app?
It seems like its an Alpha early test stage release with no icon or option in settings.
Anyone brave want to give it a shot?
Shenan? :D

DaRock

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2011
Not working with Virgin TV Anywhere v3.1.1
It will not let me sign in.

Last edited:

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Does it work on blocking JB detection on the Tivo app?
It seems like its an Alpha early test stage release with no icon or option in settings.
Anyone brave want to give it a shot?
Shenan? :D

My TiVo app hasnt been working regardless so, not sure. I can't get it to even detect my TiVo anymore.

DaRock

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2011
on a 6 running 8.1, working on my IPad Air running 8.1 also.

Thanks.

Got to work, like this.

First i uninstalled the tsProtector 8. Then looged into my Virgin Tv Anywhere app normally (do not remove/kill from app switcher) but it will not stream any channels. Then installed tsProtector 8 then went back into the Virgin Tv Anywhere. It asked me to register device on the Virgin Tv Anywhere app. Did that and it worked.

This way may not work for others but i got it to work on my 6 plus iOS 8.1

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011

Not to be mean, but your post title is a bit misleading. When the ONLY app it seems to work on is your chat app that I don't think anyone except you has heard of, I'd hardly call it an xCon replacer. LOL

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Not to be mean, but your post title is a bit misleading. When the ONLY app it seems to work on is your chat app that I don't think anyone except you has heard of, I'd hardly call it an xCon replacer. LOL

How was I misleading? Read what I typed.. .I said I only tested it on one app because I didn't have any other apps to test with.

A few posts down someone else tested it successfully on multiple apps. Not to mention multiple people here have gotten it work.

zzavilazz

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2010
tsProtector 8 works with Time Warner Sportsnet, Pac 12 Network, and Fox Sports Go. I've been using dtvrunner for the Directv app, but not too sure if it works with Genie Go app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.