Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheenofly

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
I can confirm the new xCon V40 Beta 1 works. I'm on a iPhone 6. DirectTV and my Discover are now bypassed.

cheenofly

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
xCon replacement - tsProtector 8

I feel like my battery is draining since putting this on. Was at full charge, slight usage (Web Browsing, email) and it went from 100% to 88% in an hour. I'm on a iPhone 6.

Last edited:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I feel like my battery is draining since putting this on. Was at full charge, slight usage (Web Browsing, email) and it went from 100% to 88% in an hour. I'm on a iPhone 6.

I noticed some battery drop also without doing anything for the past few hours went down like 20-30%
I'll have to keep an eye on it tomorrow after a full charge.

cheenofly

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Seems to be ok.
I used the phone a lot today and I'm at 45% now since 8am when I unplugged it.
Maybe slight decrease in battery performance or might be in my head.
Have to keep an eye on to for about 4-5 days.
Anyone notice battery decrease with this version of xcon?
Any input from the dev?

I had my phone fully charged when I left for work at 7:30am. Come 5:00pm, my phone dropped to 38%. Moderate use (Internet, email, Instagram, whatsapp, messaging) while on Wifi. I just updated my phone to 8.1.1 and jailbroke it with TaiG. I haven't downloaded xCon yet but I'm waiting to fully charge my phone and see how tomorrow goes. I'll monitor my battery tomorrow with the same amount of usage and hours without xCon. I'll let you know my results tomorrow.

cheenofly

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Cool, thanks for keeping us updated.
Not sure if its causing a battery or memory leak but it's still in early beta so hope if there is a small issue it would be fixed by the dev.

So my phone is currently at 65% while being used for about 8 hours. Same activities all on wifi again. My battery life almost doubled what I got yesterday in the low 30s after 8 hours. So it can be either 2 things:

8.1.1 jailbreak with TaiG (complete restore than back up) or it could be xCon. So I guess I'll hold off on xCon until the full release is out.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
So my phone is currently at 65% while being used for about 8 hours. Same activities all on wifi again. My battery life almost doubled what I got yesterday in the low 30s after 8 hours. So it can be either 2 things:

8.1.1 jailbreak with TaiG (complete restore than back up) or it could be xCon. So I guess I'll hold off on xCon until the full release is out.

I think its xCon bud.
I just removed it this morning from my 6 plus.
I used the phone for about an hour and battery was dropping like crazy.
Now that its uninstalled its back to lasting way longer.
Im with you on waiting till the fix all the bugs and put out a stable release.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I can also confirm that xCon V40 Beta 1 works to bypass JB detection on the Tivo app.

The question I have is if the beta xCon works on iPad mini on 8.1.1 ... I'm still on 7.1.2 so I'm taking a much bigger leap than most here...

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
How's your battery bud?
Have you noticed it go down faster than before?

Nothing obvious...seems about the same. I do have a couple of iOS apps that are crashing and one of them, American Airlines, is too important for me to overlook. I live on AA, and need either find a way to fix it, or give up the jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.