Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ilkevinli

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2006
NYC
It's not the jailbreak. It's xCon. I have a few apps crash when xCon is installed. If I uninstall xCon, the apps no longer crash. Also I have a weird mail issue when xCon is installed. Whenever I receive a new email, my mailbox gets wiped and it has to re-download all my mail again. Very weird.

Nothing obvious...seems about the same. I do have a couple of iOS apps that are crashing and one of them, American Airlines, is too important for me to overlook. I live on AA, and need either find a way to fix it, or give up the jailbreak.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It's not the jailbreak. It's xCon. I have a few apps crash when xCon is installed. If I uninstall xCon, the apps no longer crash. Also I have a weird mail issue when xCon is installed. Whenever I receive a new email, my mailbox gets wiped and it has to re-download all my mail again. Very weird.

That's weird.
It didn't give me any issues like that but was eating up my battery quick.
I only had it installed for a day.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011

WOW, I was just going to post about this in a new thread, no idea it was xCon related. I've been traveling overseas, just got back this morning. My email kept doing this where I'd get a new email and all the emails in my email box disappear till it re-establishes a network connection and then downloads the email. Clearly the common link here is xCon... but why?

----------

That's weird.
It didn't give me any issues like that but was eating up my battery quick.
I only had it installed for a day.

So not installed anymore? Gosh I'm trying to get motivated to put my iPad Mini Retina on 8.x!

ilkevinli

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2006
NYC
We are not the only ones having this issue.

https://github.com/n00neimp0rtant/xCon-Issues/issues/424

WOW, I was just going to post about this in a new thread, no idea it was xCon related. I've been traveling overseas, just got back this morning. My email kept doing this where I'd get a new email and all the emails in my email box disappear till it re-establishes a network connection and then downloads the email. Clearly the common link here is xCon... but why?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
[/COLOR]

So not installed anymore? Gosh I'm trying to get motivated to put my iPad Mini Retina on 8.x!

No, I removed it from my iphone but still have it on my ipad.
Since that's what I use the most to view tivo recordings.
Also waiting for updates and fixes on xCon.
Or wonder if they have a single tivo only hack since that's the only app I need it for. Seems like having a package that's made for 10-20 different appstore apps might cause issues with other non related things or battery drain.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Or wonder if they have a single tivo only hack since that's the only app I need it for. Seems like having a package that's made for 10-20 different appstore apps might cause issues with other non related things or battery drain.

Agreed. Well I'm about to take the plunge and upgrade my trusty ol' 7.1.2 iPad Mini Retina to 8.1.1 ... here goes nothin.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011

So I took the plunge. Glad I did actually. Everything went spectacular with the upgrade and installation of the tweaks I like.

The only thing I find odd is the way the Tivo App behaves. It's like it thinks it's on an away-network when I'm at home. I even tried disconnecting cellular and only connecting via WiFi.

The app loads. I even re-fun manual setup, it detects the Tivo on the local network. I can stream\download directly from it via Wifi just fine, however if I press Watch Now and then it pops up "Watch on TV" or "Watch on iPad" the WATCH ON TV option is greyed out and cannot be selected.

Any idea as to what could be causing this?

Aside from that issue (one which DEFINITELY isn't a deal breaker) I'm very happy I went from 7.1.2 to 8.1.1 while I still can.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
Anyone know if this dev has a Twitter? There's been no updates on Good for Enterprise since March and iOS 7.0.4 :(

Only thing holding me back from the break.

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008
Anyone know if this dev has a Twitter? There's been no updates on Good for Enterprise since March and iOS 7.0.4 :(

Only thing holding me back from the break.

The new xCon beta works perfectly for me with the Good app.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
That's weird. I just tested it on my iPad and watch on tv worked.
Do you have 3G unrestrictor installed?
Let me know how you make out with battery too.

I realized what the issue was. Had a power outage and my tivo was locked up... totally unrelated.... resolved, and working fine now.

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008
What steps did you take? I removed Good. installed xCon. Installed Good, activated. Right away I got compliance check failure.

I am on 8.1 Pangu with an iPhone 6+.

I installed the beta xCon and then installed the Good app from the app store. Then I entered my pin into Good and so far have not failed the compliance check. Maybe my employer changed their settings on the Good server? I would doubt it though. Wish I could give you more pointers.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
I am on 8.1 Pangu with an iPhone 6+.

I installed the beta xCon and then installed the Good app from the app store. Then I entered my pin into Good and so far have not failed the compliance check. Maybe my employer changed their settings on the Good server? I would doubt it though. Wish I could give you more pointers.

I sure hope 8.1.1 isn't the issue....I just updated my test 5s to it last night and used Taig. I am not JB'g my 6 until I get this 5s working the way I need my 6 to.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
39 just failed the Good for Enterprise compliance. :( Got a bit further though..I was able to set my password before it failed.

v39 b5

I'm so confused. Why would they release 39b5 when the current release is 40b1?

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
I'm so confused. Why would they release 39b5 when the current release is 40b1?

I dunno. My phone had v38 on it until today Cydia told me there was an update and it went to 39b5. Where did you get 40 from?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.