Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
  1. Wait for a page to load
  2. click any multi-quote button
  3. wait
  4. click the same button.
Expected: toggle (from on at step 2, to off at step 4).

Actual result: the button remains on.

Can anyone else reproduce that problem?

Environment

Firefox 47.0.1 with Greasemonkey, Stylish and various other add-ons. TrueOS Desktop.

If there's a bug

It may help to know that a few days ago, when the site was flooded with comments under https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1992183/ the site appeared to lose its ability to present the related dark blue Insert quotes … button. That problem disappeared for a while but now, again, the button does not appear.

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Thanks. And I can't reproduce the problem with a clean installation of Firefox on pre-release Sierra, so I guess that the problem is with my choice of add-ons. I'll mark this as resolved.

I guess that the problem will go as mysteriously as it came (that was the case with my other recent problem, Endless progress indicator when replying to a topic).

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Worked around:
  1. I used Firefox to remove all cookies that matched macrumors.com
  2. quit
  3. relaunch Firefox
  4. log in.
Sorry for the noise.

(Normally I would have attended to cookies before anything else, but it was remarkable that the problem began when the site was extraordinarily busy during the Apple event. That timing made me initially suspect an issue with the site.)

Reactions: 997440
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.