Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blazerfan

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2017
How much are you actually aware of the differences between the 6s and 7? You were on your third iPhone 7 and you believe that potentially they're all faulty? Have you considered that the iPhone 7 just has a different display over the other iPhones you've used in the past? The 7 naturally has a warmer tone to it if you research this thread and other threads.

I have used multiple iPhone 7's/7 Plus's and they are all somewhat yellowish in display.

I think you're going to find out not every iPhone is going to have the same with display, even if you are provided a fourth replacement iPhone. It doesn't necessarily mean there is an issue. Part of the reason may be the adhesive getting warmer when iPhone display is being used. As the other formum member above you stated, you may either adjust to it or it may dissipate over time.

Thanks for your response.

It's certainly noticeable between an iPhone 6 and my phone. The pictures I posted were two iPhone 7s beside each other, to illustrate that my screen in yellower than another iPhone 7. I'm aware that the 7 has a warmer white point than other earlier models, however, my concern was that my particular ones were warmer than other 7s (as the picture shows). I just thought I'd see if other people were still experiencing issues with new iPhone 7s. I'm completely open to the fact that the yellow may wear off(?) over time, as the 7s I have compared mine with have been in operation for a lot longer.

Is it common for the yellow to dissipate over time?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Thanks for your response.

It's certainly noticeable between an iPhone 6 and my phone. The pictures I posted were two iPhone 7s beside each other, to illustrate that my screen in yellower than another iPhone 7. I'm aware that the 7 has a warmer white point than other earlier models, however, my concern was that my particular ones were warmer than other 7s (as the picture shows). I just thought I'd see if other people were still experiencing issues with new iPhone 7s. I'm completely open to the fact that the yellow may wear off(?) over time, as the 7s I have compared mine with have been in operation for a lot longer.

Is it common for the yellow to dissipate over time?

What is a "7s?" There is only the 7 and 7 Plus.

My point is, is even if you seek a fourth replacement iPhone. I think you're going to find out it's still going to have a yellowish display to it or not meet your expectations. It Doesn't mean these iPhones are defective. It simply means that every iteration of a new device has different consistencies. Every iPhone is going to have a different display. No two will be alike. Hence, even if you receive a different iPhone, that display may even have a warmer tone or less warmer tone than the one you had before.

Some have said the yellowish tone tends to dissipate over the use of the life of the iPhone.

Blazerfan

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2017
What is a "7s?" There is only the 7 and 7 Plus.

My point is, is even if you seek a fourth replacement iPhone. I think you're going to find out it's still going to have a yellowish display to it or not meet your expectations. It Doesn't mean these iPhones are defective. It simply means that every iteration of a new device has different consistencies. Every iPhone is going to have a different display. No two will be alike. Hence, even if you receive a different iPhone, that display may even have a warmer tone or less warmer tone than the one you had before.

Some have said the yellowish tone tends to dissipate over the use of the life of the iPhone.

I was using '7s' as the plural form of '7', sorry I can see how that is confusing!

You'd think that Apple would ensure a consistent white balance across all of their devices though, wouldn't you? It doesn't seem like a hard thing to ensure. Especially as they've been marketed for the accuracy of their colours.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I was using '7s' as the plural form of '7', sorry I can see how that is confusing!

You'd think that Apple would ensure a consistent white balance across all of their devices though, wouldn't you? It doesn't seem like a hard thing to ensure. Especially as they've been marketed for the accuracy of their colours.

I think the 6s had a more uniform display across the board. The 7 defintely has mixed results on the yellowish displays. It Seems there is no real plausible solution to the iPhone 7 display.

Reactions: janeauburn

borgsauce

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2016
Has anyone tried changing the tints from settings? I realised I had a slightly yellow tint on my iPhone 7. The solution was to go to Settings/General/Accessibility/ Display Accomodation/ Color Filters. Then from there enable Color tints and change the hue to your desired preference.

InsoftUK

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2014
Has anyone tried changing the tints from settings? I realised I had a slightly yellow tint on my iPhone 7. The solution was to go to Settings/General/Accessibility/ Display Accomodation/ Color Filters. Then from there enable Color tints and change the hue to your desired preference.

Just like you I did that for my iPad Pro, also adjusted my SE a little, Don't understand why they is still a big deal as one now can adjust it like on one dose and has done for years on Desktops and Laptops.

I think Apple should have it on setting up your iOS.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010

I did that initially. That's how I discovered that after about a week the yellow tint my iPhone 7 screen disappeared. I was looking at my screen after having used the adjusted tint for a week, think it was just too blue. Then I disabled the adjustment and realised that I did t need to use it anymore. The screen was perfect now.

borgsauce

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2016
Just like you I did that for my iPad Pro, also adjusted my SE a little, Don't understand why they is still a big deal as one now can adjust it like on one dose and has done for years on Desktops and Laptops.

I think Apple should have it on setting up your iOS.
You're right it should be added to the Display settings where it can easily be reached. Makes no sense burying it in the Accessibility section, it would save people the trouble of visiting the Apple store.

I did that initially. That's how I discovered that after about a week the yellow tint my iPhone 7 screen disappeared. I was looking at my screen after having used the adjusted tint for a week, think it was just too blue. Then I disabled the adjustment and realised that I did t need to use it anymore. The screen was perfect now.

I switch back n forth depending on what I'm transferring from the laptop to the iPhone. I wanna see an image on my iPhone the way it's shown on my laptop.

athletejmv

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011

I agree, consistency for white makes sense. We have three iPhone 7 (one is a plus; more blue/white screen, not the ugly urine warm yellow) in my household. All display display colors differently. I don't know how the iPhone can have such a color accurate display with photos, etc if they are so different from one phone to another lol.

MindsEyeFocus

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2018
California, USA
If anyone is still struggling with the yellow tint there is a white balance slider that takes care of it for you.

settings/general/accessibility/display accommodations/ Last slider "Reduce White Point" . Turn this completely off and screen will be normal color.

Eduardboon

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
If anyone is still struggling with the yellow tint there is a white balance slider that takes care of it for you.

settings/general/accessibility/display accommodations/ Last slider "Reduce White Point" . Turn this completely off and screen will be normal color.

My tint just went away on its own. The phone was actually getting too white after about a year. So yeah, there you go

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.