Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macaddict4life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
Ha Ha very Funny team MacRumors.
You have destroyed my faith in humanity....

So why don't you just come on over to our forums and ask people to jump ship for all of us to see?

Like I'm doing right now....

Fellow Folders on the MacRumors team....come on over to a team who wouldn't even think of stooping to the levels of trickery that team MacRumors has shown it would do.

And after all who's closer to being the #1 Mac Team anyway?

Think about it!

MacAddict4Life Team 18

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by vniow
Uh oh....Macrumors .vs Macaddict flamewar in 3...2...1...

That would be a no.

I'd like to know exactly what happened and not stir things up any more. If something not quite right happened, we should know about it.

D

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Ah
From there site
"Thu Mar 27, 2003

Our trust is shattered!

I left this site wide open on our very public forum, because I had a sense that people into Folding@Home wouldn't really care to play childish games with this information.

I was wrong....it seems that MacRumors.com being the childish cretans that they are, decided to make a change to the team website and attempt to direct potential folders to their team instead....

Feel free to blast them publicly...I intend to! "

Um... I don't think were so stupid to publicly do that.
Why would we do that? At all...?
Were gonna pass you... who cares, its about helping people god damn it.

No one here would do that to you.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by macaddict4life
http://www.macaddict.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13515

That about sums it up.

Ah, that is truly unfortunate. I hope it doesn't cause any problems now that its fixed.

I had no idea about it, but I'm not really in charge of the folding here. I'll discuss it with the organizers and see if anyone knows anything.

Please accept an apology for the prank. Do you know how long it was up and if anyone signed up for the wrong team?

Thanks,

D

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
hmm...thats going to far guys..

its kinda funny if you look at it from a neutral side but it is way out of line.

macaddict4life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
But the fact is somebody did, I feel the same way you do.....and I was quite surprised that anybody would do it.

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
You guys will do everything I see? That makes no sense, we would have to do it before you could see it done my friend, though its obvious you want us to start some kind of immature board battle, its not going to happen. The Macrumor team doesnt make a habit of flaming the other teams boards.
Do we? Perhaps I'm wrong, heh.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Anyway, no one is stupid enough to take members from a team that seems to be having their own problems.

As one of a good 100 active members of Macrumors team folding, we send our sincerest apologies.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by medea
You guys will do everything I see? That makes no sense, we would have to do it before you could see it done my friend, though its obvious you want us to start some kind of immature board battle, its not going to happen. The Macrumor team doesnt make a habit of flaming the other teams boards.
Do we? Perhaps I'm wrong, heh.

No only LWD came here and posted, we never really did anything after we passed them. But whatever...

We don't retaliate.

Edit: I'll check what happens overnight...
Lets all try to get this resolved... lets not get a flame war...

macaddict4life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
Originally posted by medea
we would have to do it before you could see it done my friend

???

Now THAT makes no sense... anyway...someone from this team...I don't know who...decided to "edit" our website. It happened we all saw it...and it was squashed pretty quickly..won't happen again...but it deserves attention...that's all I gotta say!

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
???

Now THAT makes no sense... anyway...someone from this team...I don't know who...decided to "edit" our website. It happened we all saw it...and it was squashed pretty quickly..won't happen again...but it deserves attention...that's all I gotta say!

Maybe so, do you have a screenshot because obviously no one saw it untill you posted this...

And if you read his whole post that would have made sense.

BTW, why not put a password on the site? Wouldn't that have solved everything...?

That system seemed very open according to what your saying...

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Re: Hehe

Originally posted by MacAztec
Does it really matter?
it does matter. but it is trivial. laughing about it won't solve anything.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
If anyone would do this, I would guess it's LittleWhiteDog who are sore losers.

Then again, ScottieTheKing from MacNN wasn't too happy the other day.

macaddict4life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
Alright hopefully this puts an end to it.....

mc68k is right, it's pretty trivial, especially since it wasn't up there long. 4 of our team members saw it, one of them (not me) changed it back.

It happened, it's not cool. It's not what I, and judging by the sensible posts in here, you, would expect from fellow Folders.

I apologize for coming in all guns blazing...I've toned down the website.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Alright hopefully this puts an end to it.....

mc68k is right, it's pretty trivial, especially since it wasn't up there long. 4 of our team members saw it, one of them (not me) changed it back.

It happened, it's not cool. It's not what I, and judging by the sensible posts in here, you, would expect from fellow Folders.

I apologize for coming in all guns blazing...I've toned down the website.

Great! :D Sorry again about this little fiasco - but if it had happened to us, well, we'd probably act the same.

As for folding? Well I consider us all to be winners.

D

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
*cough* *cough*

SETUP!!!!

what whiners. a good three days after it is posted here that we are gonna pass em, they set us up with some bad publicity. then they try to ignite a flamewar and stir up controversy.

whoever you are macaddict4life, crawl back into the hole you came from. you aren't deterring us.

why don't you post us the server logs and have everyone judge for themselves?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
ok, come on guys, this is ridiculous. Its over, stop trying to make something of it, you're only going to cause problems and then I'll have to shut the thread down :rolleyes:

macaddict4life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
Originally posted by sparkleytone

what whiners. a good three days after it is posted here that we are gonna pass em, they set us up with some bad publicity. then they try to ignite a flamewar and stir up controversy.

Hardly! I can honestly say that I or anyone on our team is aware of what gets posted in here.....we really could care less if you pass us or not....just ask Team OSX....not even a whimper out of us or gloating from them.....hell we've even had some nice conversations with them just prior to them passing us

why don't you post us the server logs and have everyone judge for themselves?

They're generated at the end of the month, but you know what, I'm not going to waste 1 more minute of my time with this BS. It won't happen again....so that's it. Fold on!

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Hopefully we can all move past this without any more bickering back and forth.

Yes, it's unfortunate that you got hacked. No, there isn't proof that it was someone from MacRumors.

No harm, no foul. Let's play nice! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.