Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maayan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2004
I ran a search, but couldn't find any relevant threads...

Mine's Quicksilver -- it's actually one of the main reasons that I wound up switching to Mac (so much pretty!).

Also, abheshekit was kind enough to send me a link to Konfabulator. Check it out if you haven't already!

What's yours?

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Gotta be iTunes 4.6. It's the only Apple application that is almost indestructible, unless you have computer problems, and it's the only digital audio player that is free, can convert between file types, can record audio to a CD, and rarely skips.

Runner up: Mozilla 1.6, for being the only browser ever to go over 500 hours of browsing (usage) and not give me a single ~"unexplicably quit" message, and for having more features than any other browser I've used yet...also for free. Sometimes, the best stuff is free.

wowser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Inglaterra, Europa
someone else was saying how great Quicksilver was. I think I CAN LIVE WITHOUT IT.

iTunes, though - i just love it more and more. Like burning a cd felt so great! and the file conversion - all so .... bloddy great!

I used to think Winamp was best. i was SO wrong

adamjay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2004
Indianapolis
Audio Hijack from Rogue Amoeba would be my favorite. it can record to .aiff or any bitrate .mp3 from any application. Great for recording online audio streams, and a good pro audio application as well as it can also utilize VST FX plugins. very effecient when using other apps, as it records direct to disk and not ram.

also, what makes it better compared to its competition - Total Recorder (for Windows), it doesnt go through the soundcard - it taps directly into the audio data that is being output from the chosen application, so there is no noise at all, audio never leaves the digital domain. Where as Total Recorder does go through the soundcard and you can get alot of CPU noise when recording.

and it can also record from the mic or line in on my powerbook.
best $16 i ever spent.

ToastCabbit

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2004
Centre College
Maayan said:
I ran a search, but couldn't find any relevant threads...

Mine's Quicksilver -- it's actually one of the main reasons that I wound up switching to Mac (so much pretty!).

Also, abheshekit was kind enough to send me a link to Konfabulator. Check it out if you haven't already!

What's yours?

Sorry. I went to the site to check out Quicksilver, but isn't this just another kind of LaunchBar application? :confused:

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Toast, anyone?

My favorite app has to be Toast 6 Titanium from Roxio... My main computer is an iBook G4, and while I'm out and about I sometimes have some free time. I'm an avid gamer, sucked in by anything with the word "Blizzard" or "Unreal" in it. I play WC3, SC, Diablo 2, UT2004, NWN, MOH, you name it. But who honestly wants to carry 6 CD's around with them all day?! Not me... Creating ISO images and mounting them whenever needed has been one of the most helpful things any app has ever provided. Toast gets my vote!

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
hmmmm... I'd have to go for Photoshop, Director MX 2004, Combustion 3, Shake 3 and Processing. All are the whizz bizz! ;)

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Littleodie914 said:
My favorite app has to be Toast 6 Titanium from Roxio... My main computer is an iBook G4, and while I'm out and about I sometimes have some free time. I'm an avid gamer, sucked in by anything with the word "Blizzard" or "Unreal" in it. I play WC3, SC, Diablo 2, UT2004, NWN, MOH, you name it. But who honestly wants to carry 6 CD's around with them all day?! Not me... Creating ISO images and mounting them whenever needed has been one of the most helpful things any app has ever provided. Toast gets my vote!

Hi,

can you explain that a little bit more in detail how you do that ?

BTW, my favorite is iComic

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Mac OS X itself is my favorite. The program that I used most is Safari. Followed by FileMaker Pro, Quicken, and iTunes.

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town
here are my current picks:

Graphics/editing: photoshop
chat program: AOL IM
browser: Safari
e-mail: Mail
web design: Dreamweaver
mp3: iTunes
ftp: Fetch
productivity: Microsoft Office, iCal, OmniOutliner
current preferred game: Escape Velocity Nova

Really, a pretty standard list.

toes

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Safari

I am on Safari looking for Tiger (haha). Safari, because it is just so much better than IE (as the standard in the windows world).

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
The app that is the most important reason I'm still a Mac user is probably iPhoto. And the Mac OS itself -- the security and virus-proofing are keys for me. The programs I use the most (but are not my favorites) are Safari (which I'd like better if it was a little faster rendering pages) and MS Word (which I'd like better if it didn't inexplicably stall at odd times, if it remembered the status of the formatting palette when I restarted, if it was better at handling long documents).

JeDiBoYTJ

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2004
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
i enjoy Final Cut Pro a lot, sence its gonna help me get into my career of documentary film making :)

but basically, any mac program is my favorate mac program ;)

Guitarius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2004
Louisiana
I just downloaded Quicksilver and Desktop Manager. All I have to say about those is wow, I love them already. Thanks a bunch guys.

BTW...Can you tell this is my first mac and I'm excited out of my mind? I love it far more than my PC...and this is just a laptop.

Flight16

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2004
Impression

After being burned by a few HDDs crashing, I really wanted to start making weekly or monthly backups. I also didn't want to spend more than a minute or two doing so. Well, Impression is the cleanest, best designed backup app I've seen for my needs. It's a joy to use and it requires next to no work to run. Automatically burning backups to CD-RW gives me a warm fuzzy feeling on the inside.

DGFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2003
iView Media Pro 2.5

I loved version 1 for its features. Version 2 (and 2.5) improved on those features and add one more important thing: SPEEEEEEED!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.