Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
My favorites are the Pine Green Sport Band and Surf Blue Sport Loop. I usually change my band everyday, but I can wear those two for multiple days at time.

stu.h

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
West Midlands, England.
IMG_1057.jpeg

Had my new band come today, Nomad Stainless. Love it 🫶🏼

oogje

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2002
nyc
1. Most Worn - Mixed denim blue / canary yellow sport bands
2. Favorite - same
3. Next Purchase - (PRODUCT)RED Braided Solo Loop

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
1. Which band is your most-worn band?
for June, I've been wearing my 2019 Pride Sport Loop for a lot of the month. Before that, though, I probably wore my link bracelets at least twice a month. Ever since Bandbreite updated I've been rotating through more of my collection, so it reminds me not to wear any one band too much.

2. Which band is your favourite band (it might be different than your most-worn!)?
I think my favorite band ever has to be the Chinese New Year Woven Nylon. This one has a unique gold shimmering nylon woven between the red, providing a striking compliment with a one of a kind effect never seen again on any other bands. A friend of mine showcased this one in a YouTube video if you're interested in seeing more shots and hearing a bit about it.

3. Which band is the next band you plan to purchase?
I have an exhaustingly long wishlist of bands which I hope to some day own, totaling over 130!

For the sake of providing an answer to the question, though, I currently have Antique White on my radar as it was one of the first bands I bought when I started collecting but lost it along the way. It'll probably be the next.

Reactions: BlackBun

BlackBun

Suspended
Oct 20, 2020
Wokingham U.K.
Sports Loop on my AW U. I’ve a range of bright monochromatics. So much for Apple saying we can personalise our watches providing we use their narrow selection of dull, hideous affairs.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpeg
    IMG_0266.jpeg
    590.8 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: Bruno de Malaisie

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
1. Lilac or Camellia Sport Band, I‘d guess. Both old (= long time in the rotation) and best-in-class for blue/red rubber.
2. Maize Braided Solo Loop. The most unique colour my favorite type of band has come in (so far).
3. I got all bands I was looking for. The next great Braided, then.

risenphoenixkai

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Most worn band(s): three-way tie between a titanium link bracelet from LDFAS (daily driver), orange/black rubber/cordura diver strap from Barton (workouts), and a charcoal braided solo loop (sleep).

Favourite band: Space black link bracelet — if for some reason I had to get rid of every last band except one, this would be the one I’d keep.

Next purchase: I’m thinking about getting a stainless mesh band from Heimdallr. Only reason I haven’t bought it already is that it only comes in 20 mm width, and I’m not sure how well that would work with the Ultra.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Solo Loop, by a mile. I’ve broken one, got it replaced, and bought a 3rd for when this one breaks. SO comfortable!
2. Which band is your favourite band (it might be different than your most-worn!)?
I have an Hermes Rouge de Cœur band that looks AMAZING with my Product(red) S7.
I’m not sure! I have some metal bands, but they’re all 3rd party. But Apple’s basic link & Milanese loop just don’t inspire me. And I don’t wear leather. Probably won’t buy anything more until/unless I get an Ultra.

Reactions: justywusty

i505

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2016
New Mexico, USA
1. Silver Milanese Loop, the second band in my collection after getting my S0 on launch day.
2. I don't have a strong favorite since my collection has grown significantly, but I have really been enjoying the Rouge H Kilim Hermès band.
3. Magnetic Link. I have really liked the Leather Links and the FineWoven Modern Buckle feels nice as a watch band, so I would be willing to give it a try.

Reactions: justywusty

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Most worn: Apple leather link (black and dark cherry)
Favorite: Apple leather link (black, dark cherry and dark blue)
Next: Not sure... pissed that Apple discontinued the leather link bands

Reactions: bmac4

OrenLindsey

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2023
North Carolina
  1. Black sport band
  2. Black unity sport band (gucci vibes)
  3. I don't really want to buy a new one right now, but I would get a white Nike sport band

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
1. Black and Orange Trail Loop or the Midnight BSL.

2. Forest Green Leather Loop. Current favorites are the Blue Flame and Desert Stone Nike Bands, though.

3. Either the Blue Alpine or the Orange/Beige Trail Loop if I can find it.

EclecticGent

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
GA
1. Most Worn: Pure Platinum/Black Nike Sport Band seems to get the most wear. It matches my phone, car, and accessories.

2. Favorite: Blue Jay/Abyss Blue Sport Loop probably because of its comfort and pop of orange. I also love my Bright Orange Sport Band. I love orange.

3. Next Band: Cargo Khaki Nike Sport Band I purchased this one recently, but plan to give it some love the next few months.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
1. Most worn: Has to be the Apple sport loop. Right now it’s the Midnight color. Before it was the Dark Olive.

2. Favorite: this one is hard. Probably the Golden Brown leather link. Also love the Space Black link bracelet. Man that paired with the space black series 4 I had was almost impossible to beat.

3. Next purchase: I would really like to get the braided nylon band that fits even after stretching out. But my actual next purchase was the Sunset Leather loop. Pretty pumped to get that.

Reactions: i505

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
1. Most worn: Has to be the Apple sport loop. Right now it’s the Midnight color. Before it was the Dark Olive.

2. Favorite: this one is hard. Probably the Golden Brown leather link. Also love the Space Black link bracelet. Man that paired with the space black series 4 I had was almost impossible to beat.

3. Next purchase: I would really like to get the braided nylon band that fits even after stretching out. But my actual next purchase was the Sunset Leather loop. Pretty pumped to get that.
curious where you are finding quality leather loop bands these days with Apple killing of their line of leather bands.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
curious where you are finding quality leather loop bands these days with Apple killing of their line of leather bands.

eBay, been my go to for awhile now. I got the Golden Brown leather link about a year ago off eBay. The Sunset Leather loop I ordered earlier this week and it will be here Saturday. Most of these are open boxes, but no damage at all. I also have a saddle brown leather loop coming from eBay as well. My best advice is to just keep searching eBay. If you don’t see what you are looking for the first time, just keep searching. They pop up all the time.

If you find something you like and question whether it’s real or not, or if it’s a good buy. Let me know, I am happy to help. I will warn you, some of these you do have to pay a bit of a premium for. Especially anything rare that you don’t see much. The golden brown and saddle brown, and even the Ink leather I got were all under retail. The Sunset was about $30 over retail.

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Old faithful pomegranate sport loop (knockoff). I love my pinks and corals.

IMG_0239.jpeg

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I am in state of change on bands as I upgraded my AW5 to an Ultra. Another factor is that I retired a few years ago. With all the outdoor work we do around our property I mostly changed from leather to rubber.

Most Worn: Nike Sport in khaki [will probably change to Ocean or Nomad for my Ultra]
Favorite: Custom strap (pix below) LINK
Next Purchase: Another rubber strap for my Ultra. The Apple Ocean is great, but for a more neutral color I have a Nomad Sport on order.

Favorite: Combat Straps is a small company that makes straps completely to order. I picked the leather type, color, stitching color and location, and even the color of the keeper. Kind of a fun project. I sent in the following drawing I sketched on my iMac and ended up with the photos below. Again, I rarely have this on since my hobbies are wet or messy or both, but it's fun once in a while . . .

The drawing I sent in:
Strap.jpg

The result:
IMG_7551.JPG
IMG_7552.JPG

Last edited:

Stjjames

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2021

Most worn is my Anthracite Nike band.
Favorite is prolly my Apple Green band.
Next purchase?
I’ve been eyeing the orange ocean band.

Novius89

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2020
Most worn - Apple nylon sport loop cypress green? Bought this with my se in 2020, after hating the silicone default band.

Favorite - Apple braided loop marine blue. Lived this but it stretched out after one year. Worst €99 spent ever.

New purchase - just ordered the leather link “ink” for my newly bought series 8.
SE battery is done after 3,5 years. And I miss always on and I “need” cellular connection!

snapplecrisp

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2023
Most worn - I wore my black band for the first 3 years I had an AW, and I’ve just started expanding my collection. I go in phases, wearing one frequently before switching it up; for a while it was the Ginger Solo Loop, then Tomales Blue Solo Loop, then Dragon Fruit Sport Band, and most recently my Slate Blue Braided Solo Loop.

Favorite - those four most worn bands (somewhat obviously) as well as my Pride woven (2017), Purple Fog Solo, and English Lavender Sport Band.

Recent acquisitions include Atlantic Blue Braided Solo Loop (instant favorite) and a Space Black Stainless Steel Link Bracelet (both of which I got for over 75% off MRP 🎉😎🤓).

Next up? I’m perpetually on the hunt for Solo Loops (both regular and braided), more saturated colors (and the ever-elusive purple) in (mostly) fluoroelastomer, silicone, and leather.

Reactions: bmac4
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.