Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HouseLannister

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2021
If this is a quiz, I fail. I can remember most, but I am sure I owned more than this.

I was working at CompUSA and my first cellular devices were picked up there with a substantial discount. I had a Palm VII and a Motorola Talkabout. Loved those gadgets, but they weren't phones. Then I got a series of flip phones and candy bar phones: had an LG Flare on Virgin Mobile where I paid by the minute, had a Nokia 3310 with Cingular that broke almost instantly, a Sony Ericcson something or other that was the only thing I could afford to replace the Nokia while under contract, a Motorola Razr, and then a texting phone, the LG Ally. My first smartphone was a Droid 2 when I started working for VZW. Through promotions/contests, sales reps giving me devices trying to get me to promote them, and company-provided devices that cycled every 90 days, I went through a lot. I had a Droid X, Droid Bionic, Blackberry Curve 3G, Blackberry Bold, Blackberry Storm (broke after a week), LG Fathom (not that I ever used this for anything other than accepting work calls), Samsung Continuum, Galaxy Nexus (loved that slick curve to the screen), iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S. Eventually I switched jobs and started buying my own devices again. I got a Galaxy S8, iPhone X, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 13 mini (bought this one twice because I missed it when I traded it in), Pixel 4A, Pixel 5A, Zenphone 9, Galaxy S20, Galaxy S23, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro. I am sure that some of those are out of order and others are missing. I also won some sales contests that gave me devices I never bothered activating and just regifted. I remember an LG Voyager, a Microsoft Kin, and a Palm Pre that were given to the kids of my friends and coworkers. I also remember being given a new-in-box Lumia 800 by a rep and then walking out the store and handing it directly to some kid I was helping earlier that couldn't afford to replace his water-damaged phone. Made his day. I also had a Motorola Xoom tablet and a Verizon 4G MiFi. My white whale is a Blackberry Key2, which my wife talked me out of several times and then they got discontinued before I could ever get one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tig Bitties

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Nexus phones = every one, except the Nexus 5. Approx. 6 Nexus phones for me.
Pixel XL / Pro = every one except the Pixel 1. Approx. 7 Pixel phones for me.
Samsung Galaxy phones = S4, S8+, S24U. Three Samsung phones for me.
iPhone's = 3GS, 7 Plus, 12 Pro Max. Three iPhone's for me.

Phones I liked the most, were the Nexus, phones I liked the least, the iPhone.

Last edited:

Betty Green

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2022
My first phone was a Nokia 3210. Next, from what I remember, came Sony Ericsson, followed by Motorola, and then several Samsungs with buttons. I won't remember the names of the models, though.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

JohnRckr

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2023
As far as I can remember...
Some Sony phone
Meizu M6
iPhone 6s plus
iphone X
Galaxy S10 Plus
12 pro max
S23U
Iphone 14 pro max
Iphone 15 pro max
Oppo Find N3
S24 Ultra

robvalentine

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2014
Phillips thing from late 90's with an attenna
Then Nokia 3210
siemends c something
samsung flip phone
sony Erriccson t610
Nokia something that crashed whenever it regained reception
Another Nokia I forget the name of
Iphone 3
HTC Desire hd
Iphone 4s
then HTC one X (loved that phone until it broke)
Samsung S3 (insurance replacement for HTC one X, it sucked)
Iphone 5
Iphone 6
Iphone 7
Iphone X
Samsung S10+
Iphone 11 pro
Iphone 13 pro
Pixel 7 Pro
S23+ but prefered the pixel
Pixel 8 pro (regreted trading in the Pixel 7 Pro)
Iphone 15 Pro Max (love the battery, IOS not so much having used android alot)

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
Iphone 5s
I think I had a very old HTC Android phone next, but don't remember the specifics
Iphone XR
Android S21+
Iphone 14+
Iphone 15 Pro Max
Samsung S24 Ultra

People have told me I change phones too much. They might be right. I am enjoying the S24 Ultra, 1 week in.

mtrm

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2013
Portugal
I started in the 90ies, when I was in the 6th grade, with a Sagem (can’t remember the model). It could only make and receive calls from a set of numbers determined by my parents. That thing was bright green and each key had a different color. It could easily be misunderstood with a toy phone!
After that I went through the following phones:
-A Motorola I can’t remember the model, but had an antenna you had to pull out!
-Nokia 3310
-Nokia 7250 (still love how that thing looks)
-Nokia 3660
-Nokia 6680
-Nokia N80 (at around this time I also had a Nokia 6131 and 6822)
-Sony Ericsson K850i (had a damn good camera back then)
-Nokia 5800 XPress Music
-iPhone 4
-Motorola Moto G gen 2 (pretty good phone for its prince back in the day)
-iPhone 6s
-iPhone 13 - current

Also have a 13 Pro Max I got for free, but went back to the 13 because the 13 Pro Max was just too big for me

Going forward I’m still undecided wether to stick to iOS or jump ship. I tried the Pixel 8 and a Galaxy Z Flip 5 and was impressed. But I’m just too used to how iOS works. It’s both a good and a bad thing, I guess! 😋

Heindijs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
I don't exactly remember my very first phone but the ones I do remember are here in chronological order:

-LG Chocolate, the original one with the beautiful red accents
-HTC HD2, my profile pic. Also had a Wildfire as a second phone.
-Nokia Lumia 535, not a great phone, but I loved WP.
-Moto C Plus, needed something cheap and easy
-Nokia 8110 4G, that ridiculous banana crapphone running KaiOS :rolleyes:
-The same Moto C Plus again lol
-iPhone 13 Mini, finally decided I just wanted a good phone, the extra money being well worth it.

HouseLannister

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2021
-The same Moto C Plus again lol
Screenshot 2024-04-23 123424.jpg

"The same deviled egg."

Reactions: Heindijs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.