Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kerr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Applied to the standard AirPods, this could translate to a battery life increase from five hours to around six and a half hours.
The current AirPods have a battery life of 6 hours, not 5.

“Up to 6 hours of listening time with a single charge (up to 5 hours with Spatial Audio enabled)”.

The next gen AirPods need to have a battery life of 7 hours, not 6.5.

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2019
New York
You were thumbs-downed by people for your ear shape :rolleyes:

If these features come to the AirPods 4 I’ll finally upgrade from my 2’s.
LMAO

I cannot believe how Im being targeted and discriminated for the way my ear was formed. 🤣

I have heard that there is going to be a slight redesign of the 4's so I may go into a store and try it out. I would just be worried what happens when I run or bike.

DataChris

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2007
The only feature that matters is Tap Controls. Without them AirPods are more useless than the round mouse. I would love all the improvements that come with newer AirPods (sound, sensors, connectivity, etc) but without Tap Controls they are simply useless to me. Even without the disfunction of gloves, mittens, hats, hoodies, helmets, all the above, tap controls are 1000000% easier & faster to use than Force Sensor Controls. Apple could easily include both control methods in all AirPods but if there's only one, it's gotta be Tap Controls.

Surrylic

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
I really hope they forever make models withOUT tips. Those never work in my ears, but the standard AirPods 1-3 fit beautifully. I forget they’re in there.

Reactions: mac38728

mac38728

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2024
USA
I really hope they forever make models withOUT tips. Those never work in my ears, but the standard AirPods 1-3 fit beautifully. I forget they’re in there.
Agreed, AirPods 2 fit in my ear perfectly while the first gen pros did not work at all for me. When the second gens came out the XS fits perfect, maybe try that if your looking for something higher quality that fits well.

x86dude

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2017
Aus
I dont understand why Apple does not fix the problem with AirPods jumping to other devices. Yes I know about “Connect to this iphone .. when last connected to this iphone” but that does not stop them jumping to the Mac. Even if there is a solution, why so hard to find it.

rxp

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2018
The Air Pods 3 have sptial audio/head tracking etc. Big upgrade over previous one.

I think these new ones will actually be an upgrade over the APP 2 Pro's cause of the latest chips/tech. I'm uninterested in lossless placebo nonsense. Might be worthwhile buying until the APP3s are released.

MacCraig Pro

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2012
Manchester, UK
I dont understand why Apple does not fix the problem with AirPods jumping to other devices. Yes I know about “Connect to this iphone .. when last connected to this iphone” but that does not stop them jumping to the Mac. Even if there is a solution, why so hard to find it.
I don’t have any issues with automatic switching at all between my iPhone, iPad or MacBook Air. It works seamlessly for me.

Truben

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2022
I am hoping that the next version of this gadget will be more refined, as I find the differences between its Off, Transparency, Adaptive, and Noise Cancellation modes quite confusing. Despite this, I must say that the Spatial Audio feature that this gadget offers is truly amazing. Sound engineers are enjoying the immersive audio experience it provides, however, the Head Tracked mode is not suitable for music and can be quite chaotic. It is better suited for video game soundtracks and special effects.

Last edited:

Scotes

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2020
Would be nice if we could get a case that doesn't explode the AirPods out in wild random directions when it's dropped... I think I'm more afraid of dropping my AirPods case than I am my iPhone these days.

rosschang

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2010
Silicon tip?... oh please god no~!... that's the one reason I do not buy the Pro... freaking... hate... silicon tips..

Shorter? oh gosh gee... as if the existing one is not short enuf already...

kerr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Would be nice if we could get a case that doesn't explode the AirPods out in wild random directions when it's dropped... I think I'm more afraid of dropping my AirPods case than I am my iPhone these days.
Some of us manage to not drop our iPhone or AirPods. Some of us are just exercise more care.

allenvanhellen

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2015
Fairbuds are way better. You can easily change the batteries when their health has declined instead of turning them into Apple and buying another pair every 2 years.

Qu1ckset

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Wish they would go back to tap controls like the airpod 2s.

I have both the AP2 and AP3s , my 2s mics are all ****ed up so I use my 3s daily now , less comfortable in the ear but better battery life , but the controls on the 3s suck , don’t even use them, just use my phone or watch , my 2s I used the tap controls all the time.

visasavo

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2021
I will let you try them for one hour for $250k 🤣

In all seriousness, I assumed the psychical structure of the buds would remain the same and I should have made that clear.

None of the apple ear bud variations felt comfortable in my ear and I would never consider running with them. I haven't tried the Pro with the rubber ear tips because I wont pay $200 for buds.
Just buy the Chinese knock offs, they‘re 1:1 the same even get recognised as under warranty by your iphone

• Wow
Reactions: surfzen21
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.