Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VisceralRealist

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2023
Long Beach, California
Remember, this didn’t have unanimous support from executives. The skeptical executives were right. We aren’t there yet.

The rumors before release very much indicated this was Tim Cook's pet project, and that he urged it on despite resistance from other executives. It was all in service of his "iPhone moment".

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
What do you think sold more, Vision Pro or Meta 3 specifically because of the bump it may have gotten from the Vision Pro coming out (as in someone who wouldn't have bought a Meta 3 if they didn't see any of the press on Vision Pro)?

Reactions: arkitect

jbellanca

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
For me it's mostly the price. I'd probably buy one tomorrow it were half the cost. There've been a few times in the last couple weeks I've said to myself I wish I had one, and considered pulling the trigger on a Quest 3. And I'm traveling for work this week and last night wished I had one. On the other hand, there's some games on the Quest 3 and the PSVR2 I'd like to play, which aren't available on the AVP, so maybe I'll go that route.

Reactions: DCstewieG

Antes

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2014
Needs full throttle software support. This is still a beta product and it’s heavy.

Elusi

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2023
Wonder how much it is due to price versus developers not wanting a future where Apple owns and controls yet another locked software ecosystem.

Reactions: Beautyspin

vipergts2207

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
Something doesn’t smell right. Sony only had the production capability to make ~1 million of these screens in 2024, at absolute best that means only 500K units could even be produced this year.

Who the hell guesstimated Apple was expecting to sell more units than were even capable of being produced this year?

This assumes they weren't already making them and stockpiling them for Apple in advance.

iLoveDeveloping

Suspended
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
Ye, lower the price. 3,500 bucks is insanity. It’s for rich people. These millionaires running Apple have everything they could ever dream of. Yet the rest of the world is dealing with poverty and inflation. They need to get a grip on reality. I would LOVE to have one of these, but even IF I had 3 and half grand I wouldn’t spend that on a device that basically watches movies. They have no idea what they are doing when it comes to their customers.

vipergts2207

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
800K? Who was saying 800K? It was always 400K from the past articles.

From the article, it seems to be saying that the 700-800K was not Apple's prediction but some analysts prediction.
You. You said 750k.

😂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.