Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
According to a reader submission, Apple appears to be in the process of organizing an Apple Store event for October 24th, 2003.

A specific request to a lighting company apparently involves projecting a large "X" into the sky.

In a potentially related note: Panther has been rumored for mid-late October.

noneis

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2003
anyone here that got their powerbook yet, did you get a upgrade coupon for panther in the box? hope they offer some kind of cheaper upgrade price for people who just purchased the new powerbooks.

trog

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2003
Maybe their going to release a Powermac G5 with dual processors. I've heard some say they are working on it, but I'm not sure I believe it.

simX

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2002
Bay Area, CA
Originally posted by trog
Maybe their going to release a Powermac G5 with dual processors. I've heard some say they are working on it, but I'm not sure I believe it.

Um, have you not heard? There's a dual 2 GHz PowerMac G5 out already. :p

neb_greely

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2003
Originally posted by trog

After doing a series of rapid eye blinking, I'm still giggling from this.
But truthfully, they're not going to release any G5 macs until they update the 15" powerbooks and release Jaguar.

bbarnhart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2002
Hey, maybe Amazon will offer a huge rebate on Panther like they did for Jaguar. Remember, they offered $40 or $50 rebate for about a day and then pulled it.

noneis

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2003
dont remeber that, im a first tim emac owner, i just hope apple dosnt expect me to pay another 150 or somthing ontop of the 3000 i already gave them ;\

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by noneis
dont remeber that, im a first tim emac owner, i just hope apple dosnt expect me to pay another 150 or somthing ontop of the 3000 i already gave them ;\

Well, we already know it's going to be $129, or $69 thru the EDU store. Probably if you buy a new Mac within 30 days or so of the release date, you'll get it for free (plus $20 for S&H).

Either way, October 24th sounds good to me...I'll be there! :)

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA

Woah... that's an expensive emac! :D

noneis

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2003
Originally posted by Flowbee
Woah... that's an expensive emac!

haha yeah that is suppsoed to read, "time mac" , i got the workz though, powerbook 1.25 with 1 gig ram, and the apple wireless mouse and keyboard(both got here today, ahead of my powerbook).

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
What? Only one Batman crack?! You guys are pathetic. I expected better from you folks that read these boards.:mad:

"Holy crap Billy Boy, there's a Panther on the loose. We better put the Longhorn in the barn so it won't get slaughtered."

GROOOWL
moo
ROOOAR
moo
GROOOWL
moo
BURP

"I think we're too late ....RUN!!!!"

BeakerAndGreg

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
Nope

anyone here that got their powerbook yet, did you get a upgrade coupon for panther in the box? hope they offer some kind of cheaper upgrade price for people who just purchased the new powerbooks.

I picked up my 15" Powerbook last Wednesday from an Apple store. No coupon for Panther enclosed :(

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
iTunes for Windows?

It was rumoured that iTunes for Windows was due for release late October, could it be this?

Also, rumoured that Pather will be released to manufacturers within 3 weeks.

If it does take three weeks for Pather to go Gold, is there enough time for Pather to be on the shelves for th 24 Oct? I can't imagine that they'd go to all this trouble just to announce Pather..

Of course, could be something different entirely.

Given a guess between iTunes or Pather... I think pather.

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by neb_greely
After doing a series of rapid eye blinking, I'm still giggling from this.
But truthfully, they're not going to release any G5 macs until they update the 15" powerbooks and release Jaguar.

Okay, that's just funny.

MetallicPenguin

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2003
NC, USA
Re: iTunes for Windows?

Originally posted by Stella
It was rumoured that iTunes for Windows was due for release late October, could it be this?

Also, rumoured that Pather will be released to manufacturers within 3 weeks.

If it does take three weeks for Pather to go Gold, is there enough time for Pather to be on the shelves for th 24 Oct? I can't imagine that they'd go to all this trouble just to announce Pather..

Of course, could be something different entirely.

Given a guess between iTunes or Pather... I think pather.

Don't forget to put those N's in there.:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.