Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
what would a big "X" have to do with iTunes?
you need to think logical.
anyway, do you think the lights will be at all apple stores? or just the big 3?
me and my brother are planning to camp out in front of palisades like usual for events:p

noneis

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2003
haha so i just realized one of the benifits of being a student developer, i get free gold master updates of the OS, so much for stressing on the price of updating a month after buying a new comp...

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York

Update: October 24th reportedly also coincides with a new Apple Store opening in San Diego, CA at University Towncenter Mall.

Well, unless this is the start of a trend where Apple sets up a nighttime display of Mac Os X's in the sky, I'd say it is more than just a store opening. Is there anything particularly special about this store (as opposed to the other 5,000 in Southern California?)

:D

Omek

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2003
Holy rusted brushed metal Batman!

Panther and iTunes Windows. Yep...

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
Mmm...Panther..

Soho people..we should have a macrumors get together and rush the store; bring powerbooks and do the upgrade on the spot..lol.

brianbobcat

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2003
Illinois
event

I hope that if they do have a giant spotlight in the sky, that they have one at every flagship store (the grove, soho, and of course,NORTH MICHIGAN AVENUE!!!!) If they only have it in california, every mac fan in cal. better bring cameras and share plenty of pics for everyone else. I can't wait!! I love waiting in line for apple stuff, ex. woodfield, oakbrook, North Michigan Avenue apple store openings; ipod live 5.02.03, and soon old orchard apple store opening and panther!!!!

I LOVE APPLE!!!!!!

-BRIAN

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
what would a big "X" have to do with iTunes?
Maybe the X in the sky is a Batman-style signal to summon the X-Men and an iTunes DJ will play the X-Men theme song? OK, maybe that's a bit of a streeeeeeeeeeeetch.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
Originally posted by Doctor Q
Maybe the X in the sky is a Batman-style signal to summon the X-Men and an iTunes DJ will play the X-Men theme song? OK, maybe that's a bit of a streeeeeeeeeeeetch.
lol. i seriously doubt iTunes for windows unless if it's not on october 24th.
i would expect it to be closer to the holidays because of iPod sales and other stuff like that.

littlemacdude

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2003
New York
If Apple's gonna put it in the sky,than what will they do for the stores at the malls.Perhaps they put the X on the ceiling.:confused:

Hurry Was to the Palisades

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
No no no, guys, you've got it all wrong...

Apple actually ordered three of these lights for this store to spell out "XXX". They're just having "Free Strippers at the Apple Store" night! Woo Hoo!!! I need to get a plane ticket...

With every copy of panther you buy, you get a free lap-dance. With every new iTMS for windows account you setup, you get a free show, and a lap-dance for every 120 songs you buy...

Apple's showing the RIAA how to sell music...

dabirdwell

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2002
Oklahoma
Originally posted by noneis
haha so i just realized one of the benifits of being a student developer, i get free gold master updates of the OS, so much for stressing on the price of updating a month after buying a new comp...

I didn't know about this, I am a student Developer member also, do you know if this is confirmed? Will we receive it in the Developer tools mailing?

moby1

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2002
Sunny San Diego
Yes, you will.

Originally posted by dabirdwell
I didn't know about this, I am a student Developer member also, do you know if this is confirmed? Will we receive it in the Developer tools mailing?

You'll probably get it about a month after the retail version goes out. ;)

chacha75

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2003
I really hope so...I've been waiting patiently for Panther and the new 12" Powerbook 1Ghz....If both ship by the end of next month that would be so cool...:D

Dhrakar

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2003
Fairbanks Alaska
Mac OS X Conference on the 27th

Another intereseting possibility of having the Apple event around the 24th, is that the O'Reilly OS X conference starts on the 27th of October. Wouldn't it be cool if Apple decides to do the announcement at the conference? Hmmmm....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.