Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lizzard899

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2023
Delaware
After updating, some of my very old photos showed up as the newest in Recents.

Good job, Apple.
Same, well kind of. When I went to iphone storage>messages it said I had photos in there taking up storage but I had already deleted those pics texts like the day I got the text. So it was odd. Also, I delete texts manually and have my settings set to keep messages for 30 days. So maybe it didnt clear outta the phone yet. My other texts were deleted though along with other pics. Not sure if its a glitch or what. Below are the bugs I have found so far:

Just a heads up when u update ios 17.5 I noticed when u go to settings>display brightness that icon for display brightness wasnt showing up I had to re open settings few times for it to show up. It was blank not a big deal but you might think display brightness feature is broken. Another bug I found in ios 17.5 was if you go into iphone storage and scroll to messages it shows your photos that youve received even if you already deleted them outta your messages app. Photos shouldnt be there when youve deleted them outta your texts and outta your iphone

Reactions: antiprotest

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Did you delete the photos premantly? Out of the deleted photos folder? If theyre in the deleted photos folders they will not delete for 30 days sometimes 40 days
No, these are photos from 2022 that are still in my library but got moved to the most recent positions as if they were just added. 🤣

Reactions: Lizzard899

Lizzard899

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2023
Delaware
No, these are photos from 2022 that are still in my library but got moved to the most recent positions as if they were just added. 🤣
Oh my bad. I thought you meant they were in your recently deleted folder. Thats why I was saying itll take 30-40 days to delete. My problem is a little different than yours though. As I explained above in a different reply to you

Reactions: antiprotest

Evelyn Harthbrooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
Canada
Lol still need to enter my pin / password after a reboot / update. Isn’t touchID / faceID suppose to be secure? This company is a joke.
ummm..that's kind of the point of security? you need to use your passcode to be able to unlock the secure enclave which is where your face / fingerprint data is stored. you basically wanting apple to reduce security just because you don't want to enter your passcode after a restart is honestly quite silly.

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
What exactly is the bug you referring to here? I have a colleague with an issue replying a certain sender.
Since iOS 17 when replying to an email that has a reply to address it can show email addresses from other emails receive that are not related. Have to quit the mail app and relaunch it to fix it.
I think I posted some pics a while ago. I’m not the only one because my friend says his business emails are mixed with other emails.

TigerNike23

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2017
Fort Myers, FL
ummm..that's kind of the point of security? you need to use your passcode to be able to unlock the secure enclave which is where your face / fingerprint data is stored. you basically wanting apple to reduce security just because you don't want to enter your passcode after a restart is honestly quite silly.

100%. Biometrics are good for a “session” of use. A restart ends that “session”, thus needing a reauthentication.

gusmula

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2022
Banânia (Brejil)
iPhone 8 Plus.

IMG_1078.jpeg

Reactions: Jxdawg and JosephAW

jgreg728

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
Anyone else update to find that Siri isn’t working and most of their logged in apps are now busted or perpetually logged out!?? What gives????

• Sad
Reactions: katbel

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Lol still need to enter my pin / password after a reboot / update. Isn’t touchID / faceID suppose to be secure? This company is a joke.
Apparently, you don't understand how iOS has always worked.

There is no way for the system to confirm your identity when you aren't logged into the system, which occurs after a system update reboot. The same thing happens on a Mac. It works that way to protect your account and user files.

Evelyn Harthbrooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
Canada
The problem is that iOS 17 is focused only for Europe and not many features for the world~
that's likely because apple had to spend a lot of engineering resources on complying with eu regulations instead of directing said resources toward features everyone actually cares about. iOS 18 is supposedly going to be the largest iOS release to date though so we'll see if that actually pans out, i am quite looking forward to seeing what they add.

SVTmaniac

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2013
Something new I noticed. When updating all my apps, it now only does one app at a time. Before it would download and install about 3 at a time. Now it’s just downloading one and installing then moving to the next one.

• Wow
Reactions: SidricTheViking

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Same, well kind of. When I went to iphone storage>messages it said I had photos in there taking up storage but I had already deleted those pics texts like the day I got the text. So it was odd. Also, I delete texts manually and have my settings set to keep messages for 30 days. So maybe it didnt clear outta the phone yet. My other texts were deleted though along with other pics. Not sure if its a glitch or what. Below are the bugs I have found so far:

Just a heads up when u update ios 17.5 I noticed when u go to settings>display brightness that icon for display brightness wasnt showing up I had to re open settings few times for it to show up. It was blank not a big deal but you might think display brightness feature is broken. Another bug I found in ios 17.5 was if you go into iphone storage and scroll to messages it shows your photos that youve received even if you already deleted them outta your messages app. Photos shouldnt be there when youve deleted them outta your texts and outta your iphone
That’s because deleted messages aren’t actually deleted yet. Like with photos they are kept for 30 days. If you go in messages and hit edit you’ll see there’s a new “deleted messages” section now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.