Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

f0ku5

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2014
Maybe try a reset? Never seen this on mine.. would drive me crazy at night
Reset won’t fix it. It happens when you use fast charger. It’s a bug that has been reported many times before.

MobiusStrip

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2009
Have they fixed the most embarrassing and longstanding iPhone defect: the lack of audible NOTIFICATIONS OF MISSED CALLS?

kurtfoster

Contributor
Mar 8, 2009
Haven’t read through all of the comments yet, but I wonder if anyone is having problems with voicemails not showing up as deleted after they have been deleted?

Reactions: Lizzard899

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Somehow I found “stolen device protection” turned on because I was trying to change my passcode and it required me to wait an hour for this feature to be disabled.
If you left that countdown screen it would stop the cancellation process you have to start over. o_O

Lizzard899

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2023
Delaware
That’s because deleted messages aren’t actually deleted yet. Like with photos they are kept for 30 days. If you go in messages and hit edit you’ll see there’s a new “deleted messages” section now.
No Ive known about that for years. I manually go to messages app hit edit hit deleted messages and DELETE THEM. That deleted messages is a feature thats been there since ios 16 I think. Thats not what im talking about. Im talking about going into settings>general>iphone storage>messages and the photos were in there EVEN AFTER I had deleted them from my deleted messages section in the messages app.

MobiusStrip

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2009
There is still the problem of the iPhone not providing audible notifications of missed calls. So monumentally dumb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.