Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
quidire said:
skymaXimus, What is the app responsible for the union jack in the top right of your screen (and what does it do?)

thanks
-RS
That would be system pref-international, and you check on show input menu in menu bar.
I don't think it does anything.

theimacguy

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2004
A little something for the RNC :p

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 179

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
This is the coolest desktop ever. I'm not even a Pink Floyd fan and I can say that.

Attachments

• pinkfloydwallpaperz.jpg
    pinkfloydwallpaperz.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 351

Alsace

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2004
Ibook 12"

I thought I would post mine. I'm new here, and I love my iBook and iPod mini. :)

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 204

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
mnkeybsness said:
Here's mine... Desktop picture and more like it (different colors too!) at my site... see the signature :cool:

Also check out the iPod thread in the Picture Gallery...

hey

this has probably been asked 1,000,000 times, but what is that program call where you have the date/temp/calander imbedded in the desktop? also the program with the itunes mini bar on the desktop?

Is there a way to get MSN Messenger contacts imbedded as well?

Thanks

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
cloud 9 said:
well this is mine, and i'm a windowsuser, for now, so i've did pretty well for the moment...me thinks

desktop.jpg
how did you get a dock in windows? i would *love* that. btw, has edesignuk posted in this thread? it'd be cool to see if he has a picture of keira that spans across his dual monitors...
edit: found it, no keira :( then again, i dont have dual monitors anyway

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
marknicholls said:
hey

this has probably been asked 1,000,000 times, but what is that program call where you have the date/temp/calander imbedded in the desktop? also the program with the itunes mini bar on the desktop?

Is there a way to get MSN Messenger contacts imbedded as well?

Thanks
the one with the date/temp/cal on the desktop is konfabulator

cloud 9

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2004
Belgium
homerjward said:
how did you get a dock in windows? i would *love* that. btw, has edesignuk posted in this thread? it'd be cool to see if he has a picture of keira that spans across his dual monitors...
edit: found it, no keira :( then again, i dont have dual monitors anyway

i use a program called objectdock, or you can also use aquadock
here you can find all the information you need

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
cloud 9 said:
i use a program called objectdock, or you can also use aquadock
here you can find all the information you need

thanks, and here's my new desktop. lol this like the 3rd one ive submitted to this thread; im so indecisive
screenshot8-24-04.jpg

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
forgive me if this is an obvious question, i just switched. how do you get all the information next to your icons on the desktop? im talking about the free space info next to the hard drive, number of objects, ect. i noticed alot of you have it. thanks.

siul

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2004
quackattack,
in finder, go to 'view>show view options' and enable 'show item info'. :)
you can then put the label on the bottom or on the right side of the icons, the options are also on that 'panel'.

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
siul said:
quackattack,
in finder, go to 'view>show view options' and enable 'show item info'. :)
you can then put the label on the bottom or on the right side of the icons, the options are also on that 'panel'.

excellent, thank you!

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
hey

for you guys that use synergy, i have just downloaded it and its great!

Is there a way it can save the album art it finds into the album folder? as lots of my musicn does not have the album art, and would be good if it could automatically do it

Thanks

wjchan

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2004
2x IBM T221 desktop....

I'll be doing a side-by-side IBM T221 and Apple 30" under OS X at the end of September when my friend's LCD arrives. For now, someone has asked me to upload my dual T221 desktop. Sorry it's Winblows XP. I left the forum windows up to prove that it's not doctored.

Click here for 7680x2400 version

Attached is a much smaller version.

Attachments

• 2t221-small.jpg
    2t221-small.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 233

nfocus design

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2004
Texas
I switch between these three. I haven't had much luck finding 1920X1200 desktops. Well, I've found several, but most of them were just smaller ones blown up and they look horrible. :(

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 189
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 182
  • screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 190

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
wjchan said:
I'll be doing a side-by-side IBM T221 and Apple 30" under OS X at the end of September when my friend's LCD arrives. For now, someone has asked me to upload my dual T221 desktop. Sorry it's Winblows XP. I left the forum windows up to prove that it's not doctored.

Click here for 7680x2400 version

Attached is a much smaller version.
lol thanks. that's a *lot* of screen real estate and an enormous amount of icons...
lol, i thought id post the pic inline just to be annoying :p :p :p please don't ban me! :eek:
2t221.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.