Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
cr2sh said:
Last but not least, a complete desktop make-over for August - in pastel green.

If I only I could figure out an easy way to change those finder and trash can icons!
its called candybar ;)

nice makeover :D green is one of my favorite colors :d

theimacguy

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2004

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 649

cslewis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2004
40º27.8''N, 75º42.8''W
How do you manage to get photos of your desktop? A digital camera? Hrmm... :confused: Mine is really cool, but I don't know how to get a picture of it without getting all of the CRT crap with it.
Help, please!

Oops! Duh! Grab! :eek: Hmmm... I am not allowed access to that application, how to fix that little problem? :D

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
munkle said:
The app is called 'Grab' by the way and it's located in utilities. It'll let you take photos of individual windows and stuff like that as well.
If you press command + shift + 4 and then press the space bar you can take photos of individual windows too.

criana

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2004
Connecticut
Revised

Krimson,
Where is that?

-----

I redid my desktop and cleaned out my dock. Loaded up QuickSilver and Fruit Menu, set up Shape Shifter and Candy Bar. Not sure I'm loving the not so easy access to my apps. But I'm trying it.

I see lots of others with lots of icons in their docks....hmmmm......just kidding :p

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 252

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Haven't had a new 'top to share for a while, but the honeymoon trip to Hawaii changed that. This is a photo I took of the King Kamehameha statue in Hawi on the Big Island.

Attachments

• august-desktop.jpg
    august-desktop.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 179

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
MacFan26 said:
cool, Hawi is a nice place! My parents have a time share at Paniolo Greens in Waikoloa. :)

Nice - Waikoloa is a pretty ritzy area!

I got to live in little old Hilo for 7 years, so I feel pretty lucky. :)

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
AL-FAMOUS said:
how much ram have you got?? i never have tha many programs open...

1Gig. that's what i usually have open all day. :p
now that you mentioned it, i don't think i ever have that many apps open at once either on my old PC. prove that macs are no slouch. and that's only using about 2/3 of memory. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.