Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elite953

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2019
Pakistan
Can anyone suggest which is the best Torrent client on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 ?
Vuze torrent client which was running smoothly on Catalina , it is freezing and not responding on Big Sur. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to mention that torrent client qbitorrent is running fine on Big Sur but problem is that downloading speeds on healthy seeding torrents is only 1MBps where my internet connection is 30mbps (D/L & U/L speed= 3.75 MBps)

loekf

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2015
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
global download speed is already set to unlimited. now what ?

That's the solution. In BS you have to set it to another value than unlimited, e.g. to your max ISP download speed.

Then it works fine.

I had the same problem. qBittorent sets it to inifite. After I set it to 22000 KiB/s (I have 220 Mbps down) it works as before the upgrade.

elite953

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2019
Pakistan
That's the solution. In BS you have to set it to another value than unlimited, e.g. to your max ISP download speed.

Then it works fine.

I had the same problem. qBittorent sets it to inifite. After I set it to 22000 KiB/s (I have 220 Mbps down) it works as before the upgrade.

i have set global download speed to 30mbps which is my current ISP connection but still no result

elite953

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2019
Pakistan
I am using Transmission since I moved to Catalina and had to give up Bittorrent. I find Transmission fast and simple and enough if you don't like to tinker to too many parameters...

thanks alot. the D/L speed is great on Transmission.

Mikeeee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2017
thanks alot. the D/L speed is great on Transmission.

I'm also a stranded Vuze user and just got Transmission. You are right very fast but also very basic. I'll stick with this until Vuze supports Big Sur.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I don't believe Vuze is in development any more. I switched to Transmission when I got a new Mac a few months ago and while it's comparatively basic, it's sufficient for my purposes.

Dannuts

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2020

Then it works fine.

Thank you so much! Been fighting this all day! Instant fix.

Runs For Fun

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2017
QBittorrent currently has a bug on Big Sur where it either just stalls or downloads extremely slow. It's usually my client of choice though

KrisAK

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2017
Another vote for Transmission. QBittorrent simply didn't work, and I was shocked that Transmission just up and ran.

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
If you don't need all those advanced features then uTorrent (runs on localhost) is an option too. It works fine and can reach speeds ~30MB/s over wifi without overloading CPU.

MacSSD

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2019

Then it works fine.

You're the man loekf! Glad I came across this thread. I am now getting about 4 Mbps per second now after making this change. When the global download was set to unlimited I was only getting about 500 Kbps, a HUGE DIFFERENCE.

doolar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2019
Transmission works great. I can’t even remember when I first used it (on my Pismo, or even my Performa?), anyway it’s been around for ages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.