Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MiniApple

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2020
used qBittorent in the past (on Windows10), switched over to Transmission now on MacOS for our datasets.
No issues so far, does what it needs to to, easy to use and lightweight by the look of things.

Anybody know if they are planning to do a M1 version or if there is an M1 ready Torrent application yet?

kevinleecutler

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2020
Transmission all the way, its a very dependable and easy application to use. if you don't have it give it a try

bleater

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
+1 for BiglyBT. It's made by the same guys that made the original Azureus and Vuze clients, imports all the Vuze settings, history and plugins, and doesn't come loaded with AdWare.

Reactions: elite953

Charlie43

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2021
You're the man loekf! Glad I came across this thread. I am now getting about 4 Mbps per second now after making this change. When the global download was set to unlimited I was only getting about 500 Kbps, a HUGE DIFFERENCE.

That's the solution. In BS you have to set it to another value than unlimited, e.g. to your max ISP download speed.

Then it works fine.

I had the same problem. qBittorent sets it to inifite. After I set it to 22000 KiB/s (I have 220 Mbps down) it works as before the upgrade.
Question re bandwith & speed - I have 300 mbit - wireless and 600 mbit fixed line. I should be able to set both as 60000 kbit? Right?

Lord of the Pies

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2016
South Africa
I hugely prefer just using a cheap service like Alldebrid and downloading torrents over http. One of the worst things about torrents - congested popular files shortly after release - doesn't exist as they are already cached and ready to download.

Alvin777

Suspended
Aug 31, 2003
Hi, I too have used Transmission for 13 years now but you either have to know the torrent address or you have downloaded the torrent magnets. I wish it had it's own built-in torrent search.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.