Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

BackToMac2017

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2017
Has anyone tried Battle.net and World Of Warcraft? That’s the dealbreaker for me upgrading at the moment.
I opened Battle.net and launched World of Warcraft and it seems fine.

Frame rate is bad in Diablo III base game. It was fine before upgrading.

Tonewheel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
As you say, YMMV, I have not had an issue with with the app or the extension so far. I did do a fresh install of Big Sur onto a new volume, and only copied settings across, not apps, so I downloaded 1Password from the App Store this morning. Did you upgrade your existing MacOS ?

Yes, it was an upgrade and not a clean install.

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
uk
not an app, but Unlock With Apple Watch isn't working for me

edit:scratch that - rebooted the MacBook a couple of times trying to get a VPN to work and now the watch unlocks it like it did before.

really impressed by how much stuff is working on this 1st beta release

Last edited:
Reactions: mocoso

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Wiki says some apps are not working. What’s your experience? How about Outlook?
Not using outlook, but can confirm that Word, Powerpoint & Excel installed from Mac App Store all work 100% on both MacBook 12 (2016) & Mac mini (2018) running beta 1.

Reactions: jambon

peter34

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2019
works ok

Microsoft Remote Desktop
Synology Drive
vlc
keka

Mostly Working
Amadeus - sometimes crushing
Trickster - some misaligned graphic

not working
Blackmagic Disk Speed Test
Samsung Portable SSD

dinga

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2016
Worked for me just now when I tested it.

But note - our firm logs into our Citrix portal website, and from there download a .ica file which used to launch Citrix Receiver app. So we’re using Workspace as if it was the old Receiver app.

However, it seemed to work just fine, so if you log into Workspace first and then launch your connection from there, I suspect it’ll also work. (Although we don’t enable any port-sharing or mic or camera sharing, so if you need those I can’t advise).

Yup, I'm using it now and updated the Wiki

Thanks you guys for testing! Somehow the upgrade stuck at 9.56 GB... Did you also had such a problem?

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
Sound Source doesn't work (added to Wiki) and Zoom doesn't display yours or other user's status (active, away, conference call, etc)

For what it's worth. I had the same issue with slow joining while using 10.15.5 today on my MBA. Might be more of a service issue and timing was just right for people trying on the beta.

Updating the client to 5.1.0 seems to have addressed the problem.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
For what it's worth. I had the same issue with slow joining while using 10.15.5 today on my MBA. Might be more of a service issue and timing was just right for people trying on the beta.

Updating the client to 5.1.0 seems to have addressed the problem.

Nope, running 5.1 and still have that problem. I don't have that problem on my other Mac still on Catalina.

Arthur Asta

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2020
Need help. I'm trying to download Big Sur installer via system update for around 24 hours. It’s just stuck at 9,56gb and there's no solution for it. I've seen messages from other people experiencing same issue.
So I'll be (and everyone who google that problem) VERY VERY appreciate, if someone upload Big Sur dmg image or create a torrent
Screenshot.png

agee108

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2020
Not Working
  • Airmail (Freezes after turning on)

Airmail issues can be resolved by removing all Airmail files in ~/Library/Application Support
• Search for Airmail in that directory and bin the resulting files and folders
• Restart Airmail and it will ask you to set everything up again.
• Once done, works great (thankfully as that freaked me out when it was dead)

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
You mean the software or the hardware?
I'm curious also. Because I use a Samsung T5 and it works fine. I don't even know if they offer software for macOS. And it wouldn't matter if you format as APFS which I always format my portable drives because they seem to work faster than HFS+.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Not working:

Every single app from Rogue Amoeba (Airfoil, Audio Hijack, Farrago, Fission, Loopback, Piezo, and SoundSource)

Annoyingly, they do not even let you attempt to use the apps, just greeted with an “OS is unsupported” splash page. At least let me take the risk!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.