Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
On Dec 23
Reuters reported it was missing.​
Twitter head of trust and safety Ella Irwin told Reuters in an email that "we have been fixing and revamping our prompts. They were just temporarily removed while we do that." "We expect to have them back up next week," she said.​

You are correct here. But of course you are; I posted this. However, it was reported that it was missing a few days before it was reported. So it was missing before Reuters reported it, making it longer than the initial report.

On Dec 24
Musk told Reuters: “False, it is still there”​
On Dec 24 Reuter reported the banner returned to searches about suicide and domestic violence in multiple countries under terms like "shtwt," shorthand for "self-harm Twitter."​

It wasn't until at least a day from being reported to 3-4 days from it initially missing that Musk responded to it. Until called out on it, Musk was completely comfortable with it going missing until a replacement "mysteriously" appeared, to make it look like it never was removed.

Meanwhile, in other news, you can't make this <insert favorite S-word here> up.

Tesla’s value has dropped precipitously over the past week and month, with multiple news outlets forecasting the electric vehicle manufacturer could have its worst year on record since going public in 2010—and possibly even the worst year of any S&P 500 company.

So what does Space Karen do? he tweets anti-woke memes:

9c9ce3042037894abba9e10734124d5f.png

In which some random user with less than 500 followers critiques him, in which Musk responds:

0a6add0fc532f3b0cac57dd60011b74c.png

Space Karen gotta Space Karen. And the sad part: this is coming from a CEO of 3 companies that sounds more immature than Pee Wee Herman on a bad day.. and at least Pee Wee Herman was sort of funny while annoying, and Musk can't even beat that.

BL.

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
You are correct here.

Thanks.

It wasn't until at least a day from being reported

You mean noticed.

When Reuters noticed and wrote about it Ella Irwin replied and gave an explanation. The next day it was actually back online. That’s it. That’s all there is to it.

I understand you believe this was just another super evil plan by Musk foiled by Reuters publishing their article causing him to panic and quickly back out his plot and restoring it. I’m just not buying it. I’m just not that good at handstands.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Thanks.

You mean noticed.

If it was "still there", it shouldn't have been taken down to begin with. But it was. That is the point you continually miss.

When Reuters noticed and wrote about it Ella Irwin replied and gave an explanation. The next day it was actually back online. That’s it. That’s all there is to it.

I understand you believe this was just another super evil plan by Musk foiled by Reuters publishing their article causing him to panic and quickly back out his plot and restoring it. I’m just not buying it. I’m just not that good at handstands.

No. This is Musk being an absolute idiot and the entire world seeing him for who and what he is, as well as his stans following him like Dave Mustaine wrote back in 1991:

Megadeth said:
Just like the Pied Piper
Led rats through the streets
Dance like marionettes
Swaying to the Symphony of Destruction

The Stans will keep on following and dancing, while their CEO leader tanks 3 companies and getting nothing out of it except for being a $44 billion internet troll.

BL.

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
it shouldn't have been taken down to begin with.

It might come as as shock but a company can temporarily take something offline for maintenance. Of course Musk should have polled about it first.

Once again, your belief Musk abandoned his evil secret plot to permanently disable it the very moment Reuters reported on it, is perfectly understood.

I’m just unconvinced.

Reactions: A MacBook lover

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
If it was "still there", it shouldn't have been taken down to begin with. But it was. That is the point you continually miss.

No. This is Musk being an absolute idiot and the entire world seeing him for who and what he is, as well as his stans following him like Dave Mustaine wrote back in 1991:

The Stans will keep on following and dancing, while their CEO leader tanks 3 companies and getting nothing out of it except for being a $44 billion internet troll.

BL.

Every generation of religious fanatics, cult members and extremists need a wealthy person to look up to and justify their beliefs. Without this leader they have to face reality. Reality is complex, progress isn't a straight line, and most people will not be rewarded for having faith in a god, a get rich quick scheme, a wealthy influencer or a vision.

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022

Twitter Users Report Errors, Disruption from New York to Tokyo​

That conniving, self-serving, arrogant and heartless Musk tried to secretly shut down Twitter this time but was caught by Bloomberg. Apparently service has been restored.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

Twitter Users Report Errors, Disruption from New York to Tokyo​

That conniving, self-serving, arrogant and heartless Musk tried to secretly shut down Twitter this time but was caught by Bloomberg. Apparently service has been restored.

I find this hilarious.

One of the companies I am consulting for has a cage in the same data center Twitter is in. The state of affairs for their machinery in their cage is a mess, and that was prior to them announcing that they are shutting down that cage. By comparison, Google has a cage across the walkway from Twitter, and theirs looks clean. I almost feel sorry for Twitter.

Almost.

BL.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I know, right? It’s hilarious how he thought he could turn off Twitter without someone noticing. 😂

SarcasticDisguisedIchthyostega-size_restricted.gif

You've never been a data center, I take it. Their cage; their equipment there is an absolute mess. I've seen spider webs in the back country of southern Oklahoma that look more cleaned up and immaculate than the hardware they have in their cage. If given the state of their servers and hardware and gauging how long it would take them to clean up their cesspool of a mess and a silkworm spinning a yard of silk, I'd put my money on the silkworm.

BL.

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
Cathie Wood in particular trades and invests like an amateur who hears voices in the sky.

And that voice in the sky told her to scoop up 22k shares of Tesla this week. We will see how that works out for her.

On the other hand, it was @ $110 on Tuesday when I mentioned its price is appealing. So far so good.

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
And that voice in the sky told her to scoop up 22k shares of Tesla this week. We will see how that works out for her.

On the other hand, it was @ $110 on Tuesday when I mentioned its price is appealing. So far so good.

There is nothing appealing for TSLA at this P/E. Reality is setting in and in the last months many people who never paid attention before are now calling out the lies, hype and garbage quality of Musk's products. You may disagree with that assessment and history will prove you were lying to yourself.

Musk sold a religion, a religion that evolved into an extremist cult, and now he has to weave new myths about imaginary 'woke enemies' and 'the matrix' as he is exposed as a naked emperor.

Wood has been scooping up overvalued garbage for 2 years and has one of the worst performing ETFs, probably in the universe. Her price targets for all her investments are pie in sky. This is a delusional wreck of a person, but she will take her cut and her ETF investors are the ones who get to hold the bag.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Another amazing day with Twitter Spaces!! Love Elon 💕 and communicating / debating with ALL sides on multiple issues! ❤️ Twitter!!!

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
Did he talk about the imaginary matrix and those imaginary woke viruses?

Don’t know about that but since significant backend server architecture changes rolled out a couple days ago maybe he can get Jan-Pro to sweep up before their contract ends tomorrow.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
jeez, I miss Elon already!

something frustrated just irked me Tuesday on teh twitters, so I announced I'd be back in February.
since all these flights are delayed and un-functional in North America,
no-one retorted with that "announcing ones departure" quote because no one is leaving or boarding!

Last edited:

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
jeez, I miss Elon already!

something frustrated just irked me Tuesday on teh twitters, so I announced I'd be back in February.
since all these flights are delayed and un-functional in North America,
no-one retorted with that "announcing ones departure" quote because no one is leaving or boarding!

Maybe Musk shut down Southwest’s datacenter too. 😱

Safe travels.

Reactions: MBAir2010

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
It’s a never ending war between musk haters and musk lovers. Who will win? Who will prove to be most obsessed? The lovers or the haters? Time will tell! 😜

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
It’s a never ending war between musk haters and musk lovers. Who will win? Who will prove to be most obsessed? The lovers or the haters? Time will tell! 😜

That's the way people talk about Trump, Marshall Applewhite, Andrew Tate, L Ron Hubbard, Alex Jones and David Icke.

It's really very unhealthy.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
That's the way people talk about Trump, Marshall Applewhite, Andrew Tate, L Ron Hubbard, Alex Jones and David Icke.

It's really very unhealthy.

But...But..But.. Benghazi! Her Emails!

You don't want to go down this path.

But I digress; Meanwhile, Fidelity just slashed their value of Twitter by 56%. All that free speech and pwning, I suppose.

BL.

• Haha
Reactions: ponzicoinbro

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
between … haters and … lovers. Who will win?

Haters tend toward being chronic complainers and they never win. They only acquire a new target to complain about.

Specifically speaking about Musk since I’m not invested in his failures or successes I neither hate or love him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.