Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
The people you knew years ago in college won't be the same today.

They weren’t college buddies and their relationship was more sophisticated than that.

Wasn't real money anyway.

Sequoia Capital, SoftBank, Tiger Global, some teachers in Ontario among others will be relieved hearing this.

Only closet racists, closet sexists and fascist bootlickers are into that.

That shows exceptional talent in the dark art of human degradation. 😂

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
They weren’t college buddies and their relationship was more sophisticated than that.

Didn't say they were at college. Everyone knows where they met. I used the college example to show how people you knew when YOU were younger are no longer the same.

About those early years I'd rather listen to someone a lot more talented like Jef Raskin and Joanna Hoffman. Raskin was so impressed with Hoffman he had her hired and she was one of the few people who went with Jobs to NeXT.

When we use a Mac today Hoffman's work at Apple and NeXT is still prevalent. This is because of her background in anthropology and linguistics. She understood interfaces and code had to be human friendly and very readable, and she fought for those improvements.

About the latter years I'll only listen to Cook and Schiller. Woz doesn't matter. Jobs could have chosen many people instead of Woz and the result wouldn't have changed. Woz withered on the vine early and has done zilch since.

Sequoia Capital, SoftBank, Tiger Global, some teachers in Ontario among others will be relieved hearing this.

They deserve the loss. Doubt they will change. They will seek out a new venture to scam the public with.

Last edited:

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
Plenty of info available on Jobs and how his turning Apple around was tumultuous, painful, and controversial.

And he still wasn't a fascist sympathizer and internet troll.

What you're doing is weak. You're trying to convince the passing reader that because Jobs wasn't perfect then we, Mac users on this board, should overlook Musk's imperfections too.

That's not going to work. It's weak sauce. Jobs' Apple still exists and in response to Musk's antics Apple has deleted all their tweets and Schiller left the platform. Cook merely tolerates Musk the same way he strategically tolerates a lot of things. Even Apple's critic Tim Sweeney unfollowed Musk personally.

To stick up for Musk is to betray sane and civil society. He's a degenerate charlatan who takes advantage of people with insecurities and mental health problems.

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
What you're doing is weak. You're trying to convince the passing reader that because Jobs wasn't perfect then we, Mac users on this board, should overlook Musk's imperfections too.

What am I doing is replying to bradl’s post. If you aren’t familiar with the dialogue and context now would be a good time to do so.

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
Attacking a hero like Fauci and showing appreciation for Richard Spencer

6g659rszpj9a1.png

• Angry
Reactions: redbeard331

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
For what it’s worth, he has now completely changed the corporate culture at Twitter.

Working with the World Federation of Advertisers to get back accounts.

He did dodge margin calls that may have really done some damage.

It is also closer to his vision of a balanced speech platform.

Also, any mistakes he makes are exaggerated and any successes muted.

He over paid for Twitter but they would not have sold it to him any other way.

Life is short and he needed a challenge that he could sink his teeth into. There is more to life than finding a way to get two more percent of profit out of Tesla vs. the wild west shenanigans at Twitter. Personally I would go to Twitter rather than a stiffing life at Tesla.

Reactions: A MacBook lover

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
Fauci might star in the next installment of the Twitter Files.

Twitters Files is Pizzagate for Qelon fans.

Fauci doesn't do social media so it doesn't matter to him what stuff crazy people say about him and scientific research.

Ask Elon to criticise China and their policies on vaccination and research. He'll remain silent.

Reactions: redbeard331

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

Growth. Hilarious. But hey, I can do that as well!

With their share values losing more than half their value since October (3 months ago), and falling almost 75% since that time in 2021, the Stans are being forced to drink some major Kool Aid, and like lemmings, they are enjoying it.

What am I doing is replying to bradl’s post. If you aren’t familiar with the dialogue and context now would be a good time to do so.

His reply speaks for me. And just based on his reply as well as the history of the company, not only are you misinformed about Jobs and Apple, but my comment stands.

Didn't say they were at college. Everyone knows where they met. I used the college example to show how people you knew when YOU were younger are no longer the same.

About those early years I'd rather listen to someone a lot more talented like Jef Raskin and Joanna Hoffman. Raskin was so impressed with Hoffman he had her hired and she was one of the few people who went with Jobs to NeXT.

When we use a Mac today Hoffman's work at Apple and NeXT is still prevalent. This is because of her background in anthropology and linguistics. She understood interfaces and code had to be human friendly and very readable, and she fought for those improvements.

About the latter years I'll only listen to Cook and Schiller. Woz doesn't matter. Jobs could have chosen many people instead of Woz and the result wouldn't have changed. Woz withered on the vine early and has done zilch since.

Perhaps Cook's next move is to start his own social media platform. They should call it Envy. First executive decision in it is to name Greta Thunberg as CEO.

BL.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Growth. Hilarious. But hey, I can do that as well!

With their share values losing more than half their value since October (3 months ago), and falling almost 75% since that time in 2021, the Stans are being forced to drink some major Kool Aid, and like lemmings, they are enjoying it.

His reply speaks for me. And just based on his reply as well as the history of the company, not only are you misinformed about Jobs and Apple, but my comment stands.

Perhaps Cook's next move is to start his own social media platform. They should call it Envy. First executive decision in it is to name Greta Thunberg as CEO.

BL.
CNBCTesla reports 1.31 million deliveries in 2022, growth of 40% over last year12 hours ago

Such a great accomplishment by musk's manufacturing might! So smart of him to not only create gigafactories here in the US, but also bring battery refinement manufacturing to the US. All smart moves that will increase production.

Not to mention the (legendary) AI team at Tesla which is leagues ahead of other manufacturers, not just from a talent perspective, but from the value of its large scale neural net data.

enterthemerdaverse

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2022
Warsaw
CNBCTesla reports 1.31 million deliveries in 2022, growth of 40% over last year12 hours ago

Such a great accomplishment by musk's manufacturing might! So smart of him to not only create gigafactories here in the US, but also bring battery refinement manufacturing to the US. All smart moves that will increase production.

Not to mention the (legendary) AI team at Tesla which is leagues ahead of other manufacturers, not just from a talent perspective, but from the value of its large scale neural net data.

They missed expectations, the batteries are by Panasonic, the AI isn’t that great, full FSD is never going to happen, and auditors don’t have proper visibility to check how many sales in China are real.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
They missed expectations, the batteries are by Panasonic, the AI isn’t that great, full FSD is never going to happen, and auditors don’t have proper visibility to check how many sales in China are real.
Expectations by analysts. Apple also missed expectations, and yet they are a trillion dollar company.

It’s not hard to just look outside and see Tesla’s success in penetrating the market. Literally just go outside.

I just love how Tesla is an industry leader in both the hardware and software sides of auto.

• Disagree
Reactions: enterthemerdaverse

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022

Jobs’ return, leadership style, and change he made at Apple was far from a love affair. Over time he altered the culture and turned Apple around but the transition was controversial and tumultuous.

In an attempt to save a failing company, Apple rehired Steve Jobs as their CEO.

And you say that people don’t like a CEO who is tasked with saving a failed company. 🙄

In your zeal to argue you failed in knowing the basic facts. The post above was made out of foolishness or ignorance but either way it is factually incorrect.

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
Jobs’ return, leadership style, and change he made at Apple was far from a love affair. Over time he altered the culture and turned Apple around but the transition was controversial and tumultuous.

You should refrain from talking about Apple's history after the stuff you said about Woz and Jobs. Even this last sentence above is just wrong. The only thing tumultous post-Jobs return was the financial health of the company and refactoring NeXTSTEP. Everyone at Apple was on board with what Jobs and Jony Ive wanted to do with the product line.

That's VERY different from buying a social media platform and turning it into a fascist boombox.

As for you wishing Apple and Tesla reducing ties to China, Tesla can't. The government and Chinese banks have lent Tesla a lot of money and so they are stuck there. As bradl mentioned above sales in China will always be a black box to anyone in the west who wants to verify them because of the ties to the government. It's very different from companies being based anywhere else.

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
You should refrain from talking about Apple's history after the stuff you said about Woz and Jobs. Even this last sentence above is just wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.