Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

OWC is hosting a big Mac accessory sale that includes a number of discounts on Thunderbolt docks, USB-C hubs, external drives and enclosures, internal memory upgrade kits for Mac, and more. Most products are in stock and ready to ship out today, and OWC offers free shipping on orders $149.00 and over.

owc-docks.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with OWC. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Highlights of the sale include a collection of Thunderbolt docks for up to $150 off. These docks allow you to easily connect a wide array of peripherals to your Mac, including two 4K displays or one 5K display with the 14-Port Thunderbolt 3 Dock, which is available for $129.99. This isn't quite as steep of a discount as we've previously seen on the accessory, but at $150 off it's still a great second-best price for anyone who missed previous sales.

In regards to the 14-Port Thunderbolt 3 Dock, this accessory features two Thunderbolt 3 ports, five USB Type-A ports, one USB Type-C port, one Mini DisplayPort port, one gigabit Ethernet port, one S/PDIF digital audio output port, and one 3.5mm stereo audio input/output port. There are also two memory card slots for microSD and SD cards.

All of the devices listed below are in new condition at OWC, although the retailer does provide various item condition options for anyone who might want to save money by purchasing open box items. Be sure to visit OWC's sale landing page to browse the full sale, which also features deals on cables, Mac accessories, keyboards, and headphones.

Docks and Hubs

External Drives and Enclosures

Memory

Miscellaneous

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Get Deep Discounts on OWC's Best Thunderbolt Docks, USB-C Hubs, Memory, and More Mac Accessories

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA

rembert

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
Amsterdam area, Netherlands
Apparantly US/Canada only. I’m looking for a TB dock, and for € 140 the 14-port would be a no brainer. But, it’s still over € 300 here. Won’t buy it as I now know over 50% discount is an option. The Caldigit TS4 seems to be a better alternative but costs a wopping € 400.

• Wow
Reactions: _Mitchan1999

Biro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2012
Not a fan of OWC. Their quality control leaves something to be desired. Perhaps others have had better luck, but all the hubs I've purchased from them have given me nothing but headaches.
The only thing I’ve ever purchased from OWC is RAM. And it has always worked flawlessly. In fact, I picked up a 64GB set that was on sale for the price of 32GB for my previous desktop - a 2019 27-inch Intel iMac. But as far as accessories are concerned, I’ll take your word for it.

MGrayson3

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2013
I've had good luck with everything from OWC except their docks. I had three and all failed - usually a cable wouldn't keep its connection within a year. Used machines, memory, hard drives, RAIDs, even a 4TB SSD RAID - they've all been fine. For docks, I now go CalDigit with no problems.

TechnoMonk

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2022
Any one have experience with OWC thunderbolt 4 nvme m.2 raid enclosures? I am looking for a 4 slot thunderbolt 4 M.2 enclosure that can support at least 32 TB.

cougarmeat

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2021
Bend OR
A handy dock feature is support for an nvme m.2 SSD card. Such an dock would house my TimeMachine backup (It's not my full clone backup) and that reduces the number of plug-in devices. I don't see any of the offerings above that support an internal SSD card.

Reactions: nt5672

Greybeard2017

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2020
Not a fan of OWC. Their quality control leaves something to be desired. Perhaps others have had better luck, but all the hubs I've purchased from them have given me nothing but headaches.
Agreed - my latest TB4 dock is great when it works - but I've just shipped it back for the second time - first time a port failed and this time it just stopped working completely - have to ship back internationally so it gets expensive.

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
They're a long time Mac peripherals company and they're a frequent sponsor (advertiser) of MacRumors.

I'm wondering given the nature of the last ~10 years of very closed Mac systems if they're having financial stress.
The way many devices are wireless and there is less need for docks and such must remove a decent revenue stream of the past.

Most regular consumers dont bother with these docks and can get by with the few ports on the Mac already.

Its power users and niche cases where these become useful.

There are hardly any accessories like this in the Apple Store... actually fewer and fewer accessories at all.

Reactions: GrayFlannel

englucio

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2017
They're a long time Mac peripherals company and they're a frequent sponsor (advertiser) of MacRumors.

I'm wondering given the nature of the last ~10 years of very closed Mac systems if they're having financial stress.
Maybe they wanna sell any tb3 stuff this year. I guess if they don't sell all 14 port hub till next Black Friday, they're gonna give it for free 😄

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
The only thing I’ve ever purchased from OWC is RAM. And it has always worked flawlessly. In fact, I picked up a 64GB set that was on sale for the price of 32GB for my previous desktop - a 2019 27-inch Intel iMac. But as far as accessories are concerned, I’ll take your word for it.
I've bought a lot of stuff from OWC over the years, and never had a problem once, and that includes some pretty iffy purchases. Like thinking the eGPU would halp my MBP16 with certain apps, or the rig to add an internal SATA drive to a SSD only iMac, or incorrect batteries purchased due to an upgraded logic board. In every case they're accommodating and willing to try various solutions. Great people. Just don't mix up the sticks of OWC ram you buy directly from them with more of the same OWC ram you buy through them on amazon, bc that's a hard red line you shall never ever cross for some inexplicable reason lol

Reactions: Biro

Darren.h

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2023
Who uses Thunderbolt 3? current standard is thunderbolt 4. Hopefully Apple Adopts Thunderbolt 5 and WIFI 7.

OWC is on life-support to stay in business.

Bob-K

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2014
Oakland, CA
I never had problems with memory from OWC for a cheesegrater Mac Pro and an Intel Macbook Pro back in the day, but a 2.5" Firewire enclosure and, years later, a 3.5" enclosure were both DOA. They replaced them under warranty, but the failure rate was terrible. Then, when I bought a Thunderbay 4 Mini a couple years ago, it arrived with a louder, lower quality fan, not the quiet Noctua one shown on the product page. (I had even checked with them before ordering to confirm that they were still shipping ones with the Noctua fan.) I got so frustrated with stonewalling by their customer service that I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Even then, they said they couldn't send me a Noctua fan (I ended up buying one myself and splicing in the custom connector used in the Mini). Now I avoid buying OWC products whenever possible.

SoldOnApple

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2011
Why don’t these have hdmi ports on them? I’ve got four hdmi monitors connected to my M2 Max and it’s using all three thunderbolt ports and the single hdmi port, i need a dock with more thunderbolt ports or hdmi ports.

interessiert

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012

OWC is hosting a big Mac accessory sale that includes a number of discounts on Thunderbolt docks, USB-C hubs, external drives and enclosures, internal memory upgrade kits for Mac, and more. Most products are in stock and ready to ship out today, and OWC offers free shipping on orders $149.00 and over.

owc-docks.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with OWC. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Highlights of the sale include a collection of Thunderbolt docks for up to $150 off. These docks allow you to easily connect a wide array of peripherals to your Mac, including two 4K displays or one 5K display with the 14-Port Thunderbolt 3 Dock, which is available for $129.99. This isn't quite as steep of a discount as we've previously seen on the accessory, but at $150 off it's still a great second-best price for anyone who missed previous sales.

In regards to the 14-Port Thunderbolt 3 Dock, this accessory features two Thunderbolt 3 ports, five USB Type-A ports, one USB Type-C port, one Mini DisplayPort port, one gigabit Ethernet port, one S/PDIF digital audio output port, and one 3.5mm stereo audio input/output port. There are also two memory card slots for microSD and SD cards.

All of the devices listed below are in new condition at OWC, although the retailer does provide various item condition options for anyone who might want to save money by purchasing open box items. Be sure to visit OWC's sale landing page to browse the full sale, which also features deals on cables, Mac accessories, keyboards, and headphones.

Docks and Hubs

External Drives and Enclosures

Memory

Miscellaneous

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Get Deep Discounts on OWC's Best Thunderbolt Docks, USB-C Hubs, Memory, and More Mac Accessories

Till today I don't understand, why Thunderbolt 1 and Thunderbolt 2 devices aren't connectible anymore with modern macOS Laptops or Macs with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3/4

I've got PromisePegasus (1 and 2) Raid Level 5 storages – useless – to throw away?

Anybody who know solution?

:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.