Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
Regarding the laggy keyboard, try using Microsoft Teams chat and @ someone and it slows to an unbearable crawl.

Don't know if that’s an iOS or Teams client issue.
mine - iPhone 15PM and Teams - was perfectly fast when I @ this morning.
I'm running 6.3.0, updated yesterday.

Reactions: Catasstrophy

Fidzhizhi

Suspended
Feb 11, 2024
Did the jump to the 17.4 B3 yesterday and it’s very good so far.
The animation issues with the volume sliders and the squared notification boxes seem to be fixed.
Overall very fluid, animations feel a bit faster and more fluid compared to 17.3.
Also the laggy keyboard again seems to be improved.
17.4 keyboard vs the one from the 17.0 release should be a heavy difference.
Statters and lags in animations will return in 6-20 hours after reboot, for me Keyboard also lags, like some animations, I use the usual 13. The whole ios 17 is like trolling from Apple

Reactions: Hans300 and herzozo

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Still no sign of sideloading :(
I don't recall Apple agreeing to "side loading" in the traditional sense that you could grab an ipa from the internet and install it. They agreed to 3rd Party App stores and even there the store must be "registered" somehow with Apple you would download the "MarketPlace" app from their website to be used.. (in the EU only of course)

Last edited:

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Anyone else having issues using Siri via CarPlay? She's either deaf or ignoring me on this beta...

Someone, I believe several posts up in this thread, mentioned a similar problem with CarPlay and Siri dictation. Probably they meant the same thing you are reporting.

Reeneman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2021
Statters and lags in animations will return in 6-20 hours after reboot, for me Keyboard also lags, like some animations, I use the usual 13. The whole ios 17 is like trolling from Apple
Not true, I barely reboot and it’s still very fine.

Metallifani

Suspended
Feb 7, 2024
Was this thing added to the AppStore today? There appears to be Learn More text underneath, dont remember seeing this before. I know this is probably not related to the beta firmware, but something that was added in the background.

IMG_0030.jpeg

earthdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2014
Anyone else having issues using Siri via CarPlay? She's either deaf or ignoring me on this beta...
I have both an issue in CarPlay and using Siri to send a message. In both cases Siri asks what app do I want to use. I respond iMessage and it sends fine. I had thought I needed to set a default messaging app between WhatsApp and iMessage but I can't find such a setting. This is new on this Beta.

Reactions: GoldenChild

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
She is not ignoring me, if that what you ask, but she does not recognise my wife, when I ask her:
- "Siri, sent text to my wife", she replies back:
- "I do not see your wife in your Contacts. What is your wife first and last name?"

So I feel your pain brother. Siri may be ignoring you, but she is clearly offended that I am referring to another woman as to my wife. Not sure which is worse 😂😂

This has been hit or miss throughout the beta testing for quite some time despite I have my wife in contacts set as my wife.

EDIT: Replying to you made me look into it more closely and for some reason, all my linked contacts in my Contact Card have disappeared. Problem solved at least for me. 🤷‍♂️ . Anyway I noticed that Siri settings toggle: Always Listen for "Siri"and "Hey Siri" is disabled, but it wasn't me who disabled it, must have happened after some beta being installed. In a car I summon her via a button on a steering wheel, not sure how is it with you.

Last edited:

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
She is not ignoring me, if that what you ask, but she does not recognise my wife, when I ask her:
- "Siri, sent text to my wife", she replies back:
- "I do not see your wife in your Contacts. What is your wife first and last name?"

So I feel your pain brother. Siri may be ignoring you, but she is clearly offended that I am referring to another woman as to my wife. Not sure which is worse 😂😂

This has been hit or miss throughout the beta testing for quite some time despite I have my wife in contacts set as my wife.

EDIT: Replying to you made me look into it more closely and for some reason, all my linked contacts in my Contact Card have disappeared. Problem solved at least for me. 🤷‍♂️ . Anyway I noticed that Siri settings toggle: Always Listen for "Siri"and "Hey Siri" is disabled, but it wasn't me who disabled it, must have happened after some beta being installed. In a car I summon her via a button on a steering wheel, not sure how is it with you.

Switches randomly changing during an upgrade/update has been an ongoing issue for a number of versions.
It always pays to double check.

Fidzhizhi

Suspended
Feb 11, 2024
Does anyone encounter lags in the animation of opening or closing the control center when the brightness slider is moving?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.