Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
England
Since I noticed this thread was not yet created, I thought I would create it. Taken from Mr ErikGrim's iOS 15 version..... (Mods, can we pin?).

Post about the little things (excluding highly published features) that have changed in iOS 17 here. Note that this is a wiki post, which means that you can add directly to this post.

NOTE: As always this is NOT a thread for bugs, questions, or troubleshooting the betas. All posts must present a new feature or function, or new behaviour not mentioned in the keynote. Please screenshot where necessary. Comments on features are welcome, but stay on topic. This is also not a thread for whining about missing features, complaining, in-fighting, or personal agendas. Keep this informative and to the topic at hand.

Beta 1:
-

Reactions: adrianlondon

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
England
You can crop a photo without going to edit.

When you zoom in, you get a ‘crop’ button on the top right. Less steps For something simple!

IMG_1405.png

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
Mobile data is now called mobile service in settings.

never made sense it be called mobile data when it had all settings rated to mobile service in it lol
I think originally it only had settings related to mobile data, as opposed to normal phone service.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
New silencing option in focus mode settings allows you to either silence calls always or only when the screen is locked. It used to be always until now.
That's great. I had to enable phone calls to bypass DND altogether because they would get instantly sent to voicemail without notice, was especially annoying with verification codes.

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
Do you know if the "call" option be set to FaceTime?
I went back and checked this. Strangely enough, there is no option labelled ‘FaceTime’, but there is one called ‘iPhone’. I suppose that would route the call using FaceTime if available. I couldn’t test it because I hardly have anyone using it. Maybe someone who actually uses FacteTime could check it. My Dad uses it, but on his iPad (no phone number, but email id). Tried calling him via the Contacts widget and that made a call to a lengthy random garbage number like this…

Attachments

• IMG_0361.jpeg
    IMG_0361.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 225
Reactions: adrianlondon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.