Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GSF4LIFE

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2016
I've been having the same problem with my iPhone 5c running IOS 9.2.1
I just auto filled music on yesterday and already songs are gone but I don't have problems with this on my Amazon kindle fire so obviously this must only an apple problem

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
I've been having the same problem with my iPhone 5c running IOS 9.2.1
I just auto filled music on yesterday and already songs are gone but I don't have problems with this on my Amazon kindle fire so obviously this must only an apple problem

This post has my solution...

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-8-1-randomly-deleted-my-music.1805660/#post-21745377

I never went back to the previous way because I got tired of my music disappearing. Setting it to "Sync only checked songs and videos" has worked fine ever since.

Bobeisenberg

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2016
I am having the same issue. I have a 128Gb iPhone 6S. IOS 9.3.1. I do not buy music from iTunes. I have all my music on a hard drive, and itunes is set not to sync. Ever. I do not use Apple Music, did not sign up and only set the phone to show music on the phone.

Yet twice now my phone has deleted the whole of the music library on the phone (almost 10,000 songs) whilst I was not connected to iTunes.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what to do about it.

Reactions: W100degreesNorth

W100degreesNorth

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2016
earth
I am having the same issue. I have a 128Gb iPhone 6S. IOS 9.3.1. I do not buy music from iTunes. I have all my music on a hard drive, and itunes is set not to sync. Ever. I do not use Apple Music, did not sign up and only set the phone to show music on the phone.

Yet twice now my phone has deleted the whole of the music library on the phone (almost 10,000 songs) whilst I was not connected to iTunes.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what to do about it.

Same thing happening to me. Don't use Apple Music Do not subscribe to cloud services. Have a variety of music files loaded onto MY phone then poof I go to listen to music and there is nothing in my library. Phone tells me I have to connect to wi-fi to listen to my own music..... I do not have wi-fi I have not been connected to iTunes or my pc ..... for over a week and yesterday.... no music Also removes my downloaded podcasts....
this is my first apple phone I am not impressed

Spooner83

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2011
I opened my music app today and all my non purchased music was gone. I don't use apple music, I don't use match. This happens every few months. Hopefully ios 10 fixes this because it's ****ing annoying.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I opened my music app today and all my non purchased music was gone. I don't use apple music, I don't use match. This happens every few months. Hopefully ios 10 fixes this because it's ****ing annoying.
This is with iOS 8.1?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.