Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kim in NC

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2011
6 hours later and I now have an error within my error.

This is the error I got with my iPad - now iTunes isn't seeing the iPad at all and there's nothing on my iPad except for a little circle scrolling - I'm upset. It doesn't appear that I can do do a darn thing.

bigmikeinnj

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
River Forest, IL.
I finally got thru...restore started and was moving forward....but ive been stuck on "restoring ipad apps" for over an hour with no progress...should I stop and restart somehow? Doesnt look like its gonna move at all.

I got all the updates downloaded today and the LAST thing it has to do is install iOS5 and then I can complete the migration to iCloud. Unfortunately I am like so many others, STUCK. I've seen my iPhone 4 do the APPLE, bar, spinning wheel thing so many times if I had a penny for every time it has done this in the last 2 1/2 hours I could buy all of us a much needed martini.

In a while I will disconnect and retry in the morning. We get up about 05:30 here and hopefully by then most of the server traffic issues will be resolved.

Apple really tried to do so many things all in one day. I know when this is all done and it's running it'll be HUGE and COOL plus. It's no bad reflection on Apple - you know how many people have trying to do all this stuff IN ONE DAY ???

In a few weeks I'll get the iPhone 4S, but I leared a lesson today, WAIT until the traffic dies down. Like being at a pro football game. Just sit in the bleachers drinking until the traffic has cleared, then get your designated driver to pour you home.

Cocktails Anyone ???
It'll be better...

Sure it will...

msny

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Error 3200 - wiped my iPad2, now trying to restore, no luck

Got the famous Error 3200, so like everyone else tryed the upgrade over and
over.

Finally told me my iPad did not have any valid OS or Apps and could not upgrade it???
What ??? It wiped it clean.

So now I've been running the restore option for over 2 hours +.
I'm dead in the water. Can I get my paid apps back from the store
if there not in the restore?

This has NOT been a good experience today.
Any advice appreciated.

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm gonna wait till next week at a random weekday some time around midnight to update to iOS 5. It sounds like everybody has lost there mind today. Like everybody sounds like a crack addict. "HELP ME! I keep trying! I need iOS 5!!!"
Calm the F' down people! Just wait it out. Apple servers have been more used today then a Filpino prostitute.

heimbachae

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm gonna wait till next week at a random weekday some time around midnight to update to iOS 5. It sounds like everybody has lost there mind today. Like everybody sounds like a crack addict. "HELP ME! I keep trying! I need iOS 5!!!"
Calm the F' down people! Just wait it out. Apple servers have been more used today then a Filpino prostitute.

X2. I'm just gonna wait until after 1am. Traffic hopefully will calm down by then.

aresinferno

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
You all have it lucky. While trying to fix my iPhone, iTunes froze the entire computer. Tried a force shut down and my computer came back with an endless boot screen. Managed to get in to my windows partition but it was incredibly slow. When I concluded that it must just be Mac OS X I tried to boot in to safe mode. Didn't work. Now I am completely unable to access windows or the recovery HD, or even a recovery disc and Macintosh HD has vanished. Unbelievable.

I feel unbelievably sick at the moment. My day has been ruined by one disaster after another, on top of a nasty cold.

No laptop, no iPhone, just an iPad left and it doesn't even have iOS 5.

Angel-Of-Mercy

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
I found a fix that works for me :D

After trying 4 times i went onto to apple troubleshoot and it said to unplug all your USBs. So remove every USB apart from your Dock cable and try again :)

I only just made this account because wanted to help others.

pcp_ip

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2002
I think that blaming it on apple's servers a crock. Maybe in the first few hours, but not now, 9 hours after launch. I've been trying for 7+ hours now and my iPad and iPhone are bricked. There is something seriously wrong with this update. I no longer believe it has anything to do with 1) airport mode 2) using different usb ports 3) apple server load.

brudog68

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
TN USA
I finally got thru...restore started and was moving forward....but ive been stuck on "restoring ipad apps" for over an hour with no progress...should I stop and restart somehow? Doesnt look like its gonna move at all.

I finally just pulled the plug and all my apps were ok and ios5 in place...lucky i guess

Ponderous

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
New Jersey
After trying 4 times i went onto to apple troubleshoot and it said to unplug all your USBs. So remove every USB apart from your Dock cable and try again :)

I only just made this account because wanted to help others.

I've only had one since the get-go. Still can't get through the backup.

pfg504

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Success

It really does not matter how many times you try. With the iPhone 4 it took me about an hour and several attempts. There are so many times that it needs to call home. With the iPad 1 it updated correctly the first time.

The different errors are occurring because the process fails at different places.

Just keep trying...

MaBenz

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Finally!

Been trying to update my iPad (1) to iOS5.

After a few 3200 errors when using the Update button in iTunes, I decided to give a try to the Restore button. Well, guess what? The update went through flawlessly, now running the brand new OS !

Perhaps it was just luck, you guys might give it a try.

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
It really does not matter how many times you try. With the iPhone 4 it took me about an hour and several attempts. There are so many times that it needs to call home. With the iPad 1 it updated correctly the first time.

The different errors are occurring because the process fails at different places.

Just keep trying...

My experience was the opposite, iPad 1 failed over and over, but the iPhone worked right away, so I think it is safe to say we just all need to keep trying, it'll eventually work.

blacker-s

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2011
Success

You don't have to backup each time. Once the iOS5 file has been downloaded, just click Restore; when prompted if you want to backup, choose no. The upgrade will still probably fail, but at least it takes a lot less time! ;)

Whooleytoo has got THE answer.

Let it back up and fail (most probably... with all sorts of errors and varying degrees of failure/success)

then Restore.
iTunes will look for an update of iOS and find it already downloaded.
Cancel any backup (this is what takes forever)
This method will wipe you iOS device BUT will load IOS5
Then finally restore from one of the older backup positions from today.

Personally had 6 hours of frustration, only to try this method twice (it failed first time) and after five minutes it works.

Restore in Progress as we speak. IOS5 loaded on iPad2
Waiting for all the stuff to be ported back

THANK YOU Whooleytoo
:D

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
Okay finally got through. No fancy tricks or anything. Just did what other people suggested. Kept hitting "Restore and Update", and it finally after numerous 3200 errors it finally worked!

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA

duelingdragons said:
This is embarrassing and absurd.
Steve would not be pleased.

Amen.

blacker-s

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2011
Lovely Image

Screen now reads "Your iPad software is up to date."
Now just the wait for an hour or so whilst iTunes syncs all the apps etc. back

Top tip from Whooleytoo above
:D

Chris Treborn

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
Restart it all!

I looked this up on Apple.com and they suggest you reboot your iTunes after you install 10.5 and restart your computer as well. After I restarted the macbook, it allowed me to update the iPhone 3G S appropriately.

Johnny5alive

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2011
Error?

"The software for the iPod "John's iPod Touch" was corrupted during download.

Disconnect and reconnect, then try again. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later."

Is this the same as the 3200 error? I have tried restarting. I have 10.7.2 and iTunes 10.5. Any thoughts? Thanks!

blurb23

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
"The software for the iPod "John's iPod Touch" was corrupted during download.

Disconnect and reconnect, then try again. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later."

Is this the same as the 3200 error? I have tried restarting. I have 10.7.2 and iTunes 10.5. Any thoughts? Thanks!

That's not the same as 3200. You probably need to redownload the software, there are Stickied links to direct download sites.

mikemorris12

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2011
Downloaded but not installed

I was prompted earlier today to update my iPhone to ios5. I choose to download and not install. It downloaded to my iTunes without a problems. Should I be worried about the install process since the download is secure on my laptop? Anyone else at this point? Is the problem with install if you choose to download and install at the same time?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.