Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
I didn't expect it to be that good! It’s so amazingly thin, it is incredible, guys. Who needs textured nano-glass when you have a good hand at applying screen protectors :cool: Loving the ESR Paperfeel so far! Technology and engineering on another level, no buyers remorse here :):apple:
Looks amazing! I think I bought the same ESR Paperfeel. If you don't me asking - how easy/hard was it to apply? Thanks.

Reactions: dabotsonline

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
I didn't expect it to be that good! It’s so amazingly thin, it is incredible, guys. Who needs textured nano-glass when you have a good hand at applying screen protectors :cool: Loving the ESR Paperfeel so far! Technology and engineering on another level, no buyers remorse here :):apple:
Is the ESR Paperfeel the magnetic screen protector /overlay? or is it adhesive?

Ralph_91

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2017
Sure, feel free to ask! With the tray the alignment was super easy, however, since I was rushing a bit I had some dust specks under it. But reusing the dust sticker and slightly lifting the applied screen protector and using another dust sticker to remove it from beneath did the job. I was also afraid, because the screen is pretty big and it‘s pretty challenging to apply screen protectors perfectly on a big screen. But the tray really really helped.

On my previous iPad I used a Bellemond screen protector, and I think that one was a bit better and less grainy. But Bellemeond hasn‘t released a 2024 version yet, so i was stuck with the ESR one. But it‘s not too bad, the matte really helps with outdoor use and since the screen is so bright and marvelous anyways, it is not a mistake to go with the ESR.

And you get two protectors in the pack. All in all the application was rather easy and no bubbles remained! Can recommend!

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I was like that when l was younger, now older l don’t bother with screen protectors. Just use it carefully.

Well I’m not young. At this point, IDK if my obsessive tendencies will go away. I just like my things to stay looking new. And with all the grandkids and their iPads, I think I should’ve bought stock in glass screen protectors! ;-p

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
So many are getting the 13”. Anyone else getting the 11?

I’ve had the 12.9 in the past, but went to an Air 5 when I got my iMac last year. I just think it’s a nice middle ground for me between phone and computer, plus it travels well. So I have the 11” arriving today.

Just wondering if anyone else was going that route.

ndouglas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2022
Pics of the side of the keyboard when closed. I think the screen does touch the aluminium palm rests on either side of the trackpad. The gap you see in the pics is probably because of the screen protector I installed.

View attachment 2378187 View attachment 2378188
Ugh this pic makes me very sad (thank you for posting it though) -- I was hoping the new keyboard didn't have that edge that digs into my leg when used in my lap. Yes it's a minor gripe but using it as a laptop regularly, I decided to upgrade and now before it even arrives I know it's still gonna have that same edge like an ice cream sandwich. I think it's no coincidence that Apple in their market pics are careful to avoid any views of the keyboard that show it like this. Still, a useful device and all, but so expensive! And that little edge is a pet peeve of mine that detracts from the user experience.

/whining

MazingerZND

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2022

I’ve had the 12.9 in the past, but went to an Air 5 when I got my iMac last year. I just think it’s a nice middle ground for me between phone and computer, plus it travels well. So I have the 11” arriving today.

I tried the 11” at the store when I picked up my 13” and it made me question my choice for a bit. If I wasn’t just doing EVERYTHING on my iPad currently as a laptop replacement, I would definitely have gotten the 11”. It’s extremely portable and beautiful.

paul.k

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2024
RVA
Picked up my iPad Pro 13” M4 256 GB Wifi space black with Magic Keyboard just now from Apple Sydney

First impressions
  • The iPad is ridiculously thin and noticeably lighter than the M2 iPP I had
  • When combined with the lighter new keyboard, it feels much easier to carry around than the old combo. The old combo was much thicker and heavier than the 13" MBA I had
  • New Magic Keyboard feels more premium on the inside. Keyboard lights up automatically when you attach the iPad.
  • The outisde of the keyboard is the same sticky silicone material as past versions. Not a fan so would be adding a skin to protect it soon.
  • The OLED screen is definitely more crisp and clear and pops more off the screen compared to the mini LED on the M2. But I'm also one of those people who use screen protectors and I applied one as soon I took the iPad out the box.
  • You need to update the software during the setup process.

Ask me anything and I'll respond between work meetings :)

View attachment 2378104 View attachment 2378105 View attachment 2378108 View attachment 2378106 View attachment 2378107 View attachment 2378109
Looks amazing, did you see the nano model in store? i dont want to spend that money. how is the comparison regarding nits and showing bright content. i have heard it seems dim

ThailandToo

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2022

I originally got just the 11” but decided to get the 13” also. I have both sizes currently. The 12.9” is too big unless Apple decides to make the iPadOS a real OS, but then since the 13” is lighter weight I thought well maybe I should try it too.

I do think since I have a 14” MBP, the 11” iPad Pro makes more sense. I like reading on the 11” iPad Pro so much better than the 13” but then again if it’s lightweight enough maybe I change my mind.

KidRacer

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2011
Just picked up the 13” from Apple Store in SoHo (11” is coming via UPS later).

First impression coming from an 11” is that this thing is BIG! I got the WiFi/Cellular version and although it’s lighter than last version, it’s still pretty heavy to handhold for long periods of time. Going to try and use it for a few days to see if I get used to it, but I have a feeling it’s going back and I’ll stick with the 11”.

Either way, an absolutely stunning piece of tech!

Chevyguy2021

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2017
Just picked up the 13” from Apple Store in SoHo (11” is coming via UPS later).

First impression coming from an 11” is that this thing is BIG! I got the WiFi/Cellular version and although it’s lighter than last version, it’s still pretty heavy to handhold for long periods of time. Going to try and use it for a few days to see if I get used to it, but I have a feeling it’s going back and I’ll stick with the 11”.

Either way, an absolutely stunning piece of tech!
This is EXACTLY me. I love the idea of the larger screen but I KNOW deep down its too big for how I use a tablet.
Its weird though, I want the 13' to work for me. IDK why, I just do.
Getting the 11' saves me approx $323 as well. My 11' is out of delivery :)
Going to try to "more space" setting in IOS on the 11' to see how I like the scaling.

AirpodsNow

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2017
Only thing I put a screen protector on is my iPhone because that goes in my pocket.
Putting a screen protector on an iPad is akin to leaving the plastic on a new sofa.
don't agree. I have had the iPad with the apple folio and now the Magic Keyboard. When leaving in a bag, the screen scratches. Not sure if it's sand or whatever, but it's not nice to have scratch. I can’t unsee it whenever I got one. So I put a screen protector on it now. Just to avoid these issues.

Last edited:

DeepSix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2022
Im not impressed by the new ipads. No one has yet to comment on the new battery life. Apple claims its "all day" like the Macbook Airs.

I couldn't care less that it's thinner, you will barely even notice it and everyone is going to put it in a case anyway. Thinner has a higher chance of it bending and breaking.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Im not impressed by the new ipads. No one has yet to comment on the new battery life. Apple claims its "all day" like the Macbook Airs.

I’ve seen commentary on battery life that it’s the same or better than the M2s. It’s mostly anecdotal at this point and obviously varies greatly depending on what you’re doing, but it doesn’t seem like anything was lost in terms of battery life.

I couldn't care less that it's thinner, you will barely even notice it and everyone is going to put it in a case anyway. Thinner has a higher chance of it bending and breaking.

Lots of folks commenting on how the 13s are markedly lighter and easier to hold now, so it seems plenty noticeable. So far it also seems that they are just as sturdy as previous generations so your assertion is, so far, unfounded.

giggles

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
Can someone please compare an 11” to the old 11”? That model does not seem to be getting any attention. And provide thoughts on weight reduction, speakers etc.

The old 11" has the cringiest grayish blacks you can imagine, those gray black bars (like around a video or something) make my eyes bleed, after years of being spoiled by iPhone (OLED) displays.

The new 11" is the first 11" ever with decent blacks.

This should suffice.

vroom2

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2019
The old 11" has the cringiest grayish blacks you can imagine, those gray black bars (like around a video or something) make my eyes bleed, after years of being spoiled by iPhone (OLED) displays.

The new 11" is the first 11" ever with decent blacks.

This should suffice.
Totally agree there, cannot deny oled will be awesome. I’m wondering how the thinness/weight reduction changes real world use, it’s less than what the 13” received, so maybe not as meaningful in use?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.