Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MazingerZND

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2022
Totally agree there, cannot deny oled will be awesome. I’m wondering how the thinness/weight reduction changes real world use, it’s less than what the 13” received, so maybe not as meaningful in use?
I held the 11” at the store for a while and, trust me, you can clearly notice it. It’s absolutely gorgeous.

ChuChuRitzy

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2017
Anyone having issues with the pencil
Pro? Had to forget it from Bluetooth a few times before it would actually work even though it was ‘connected’ - now can’t add it to find my :( very strange, day 1 update was done during setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: dabotsonline

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
Totally agree there, cannot deny oled will be awesome. I’m wondering how the thinness/weight reduction changes real world use, it’s less than what the 13” received, so maybe not as meaningful in use?

I ordered both, may keep my old 11 and stick with the 13 inch. If its a sizable difference between the old 11 and the new one, will keep the new one and sell the old one.

Reactions: Rangers94

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
I couldn't care less that it's thinner, you will barely even notice it and everyone is going to put it in a case anyway. Thinner has a higher chance of it bending and breaking.

Couldn‘t disagree with this statement more. My 2022 12.9” iPad Pro feels good in the hand but the lighter and much thinner 2024 13” M4 iPad Pro is a welcome addition and is confirmed in reviews.

Im so happy Apple went the route of making the iPad Pros thinner and lighter. Battery life of 10 hrs is plenty. :)

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Having a hard time deciding 11" or 13". I have a 2019 iPad Pro 11" but wondering if ill like the 13" this time.

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
So many are getting the 13”. Anyone else getting the 11?

I’ve had the 12.9 in the past, but went to an Air 5 when I got my iMac last year. I just think it’s a nice middle ground for me between phone and computer, plus it travels well. So I have the 11” arriving today.

Just wondering if anyone else was going that route.

I got the 11" today along with the new Magic Keyboard and I'm loving it! It's replacing the 11" M1. The 13" would be way too big for me to carry as I use it a lot on trains.

Reactions: ssledoux

Boing123

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2024
Seriously no diff between oled and mini led? maybe need side by side.
The keyboard looks like a black MacBook Pro, nice. Finally could be a MacBook replacement.
You like the 13" better than the 11"?
I can confirm that other than the brightness, there is very little, if anything. In it between my old M1 11 inch and the new 13 inch M4

• Wow
Reactions: Surfsalot

Boing123

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2024
I’m quite happy with my delivery but am troubled by an extremely annoying issue with keyboards:

On my M1 11 inch, I can select “Dutch (Belgium)” in the keyboard section and subsequently select QWERTY as the layout.

On my new M4, I only have the option for QWERTY - ISO which is quite different. McCann someone confirm this?

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I can confirm that other than the brightness, there is very little, if anything. In it between my old M1 11 inch and the new 13 inch M4
The 11 M1 didn’t get miniLED; I am really surprised to hear you say that there’s no difference (from your perspective) other than brightness between the panel on your M1 11 and M4 13…I can tell a big difference even between my iPhone and my M1 11.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
After looking at them on display, i cancelled the pickup. Screens look great and its what ive waited for but not so much better than the xdr 12.9 5th gen i have. I just don’t use the ipad enough to warrant paying hundreds and getting new accessories as well for just a slightly better screen. Don‘t care about thin or m4.

I’m thinking i’ll wait til current ipad isn’t worth using which could be 4-5 more years.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
After looking at them on display, i cancelled the pickup. Screens look great and its what ive waited for but not so much better than the xdr 12.9 5th gen i have. I just don’t use the ipad enough to warrant paying hundreds and getting new accessories as well for just a slightly better screen. Don‘t care about thin or m4.

I’m thinking i’ll wait til current ipad isn’t worth using which could be 4-5 more years.
That’s a reasonable decision to make; there’s no sense in updating if you’re not going to get any appreciable improvement out of it. I skipped the M2 iPad generation specifically because I was waiting for OLED panels, and I can tell you that day-to-day I don’t feel like I’ve missed anything using my M1. Will probably be the same for you.

Boing123

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2024
The 11 M1 didn’t get miniLED; I am really surprised to hear you say that there’s no difference (from your perspective) other than brightness between the panel on your M1 11 and M4 13…I can tell a big difference even between my iPhone and my M1 11.
No worries, but for the life of me, in a daylight lit office with both set to mid brightness, it is hard to tell.

Of course, if you kill lights or go to a dark room, you notice the deep black of the OLED panel and you can tell the dark mode UI on the M1 11 has an almost greenish tinge to it. But those are quite specific conditions...

This reviewer captures it well:

He compares the MiniLED with OLED, it is nearly the same in my experience with the 11...

DeepSix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2022
No worries, but for the life of me, in a daylight lit office with both set to mid brightness, it is hard to tell.

Of course, if you kill lights or go to a dark room, you notice the deep black of the OLED panel and you can tell the dark mode UI on the M1 11 has an almost greenish tinge to it. But those are quite specific conditions...

This reviewer captures it well:

He compares the MiniLED with OLED, it is nearly the same in my experience with the 11...

Who cares about using the new ipad in a dark room. The biggest benefit to the brighter screen is when using the ipad outdoors in bright sunlight.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
Need to get used to how light and thin this incredible product is. It’s so delightfully useable I think the iPad Mini can be eliminated from the lineup. This is a game changing device that will pull even more away from the Mac and over to the IPad Pro lifestyle.

Attachments

• 2D34549C-E34F-45A6-BA31-90CC67B72D12.jpeg
    2D34549C-E34F-45A6-BA31-90CC67B72D12.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: outlawarth

th1nk

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
I am in love with the screen and the Magic Keyboard and the thinness and lightness of the 13 inch iPad. Especially the screen is ****ing amazing, the contrast in a dimly lit room is much better than my previous M1 12.9. Dark mode text especially looks so much crisper and cleaner (like this forum for example). Finally I got rid of LCD on all of my devices, good riddance!

I‘m very happy with the upgrade! ❤️

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Best Buy sent mine ground and no signature required. Refused to ship to store yet they’re in stock. Nowhere near home.

Update: when I opened the outer box the iPad box was intact. No sign of damage whatsoever.

Attachments

• IMG_0279.png
    IMG_0279.png
    596.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Chevyguy2021

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2017
Best Buy sent mine ground and no signature required. Refused to ship to store yet they’re in stock. Nowhere near home.
Geez. That shipping box looks awful. I would be nervous to see the condition of the retail box inside. Apple delivered mine via UPS, the iPad retail box was in shipping box. Surprised to see no padding or bubble wrap Or plastics. just a box and a box.

dorkimoe

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2019
The camera placement is ass…. The case I got and all the cases I’m seeing puts the camera at the bottom when using it horizontal which means it can’t see your face….

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.