Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

F-Stop

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2011
The 'Sunny' South Coast UK
This just arrived for my 15 Pro…just need the phone now 🤣

IMG_0018.jpeg

BabyFu18

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
Georgia
I ordered the FloLab NanoArmour Screen Protector, not sure if it’ll make it here for launch day, but this is what I’ve been using on my current 14 pro max and it’s been great so I’m sticking with it.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Are these screen protectors gonna accommodate the curve on the bezel (ie only cover the screen not the bezel overlap too)?

I wanna get Amfilm 15 plus screen protectors potentially for a 15 plus purchase but if they’re physically the same as 14 PM may just try left overs I have from that

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Are these screen protectors gonna accommodate the curve on the bezel (ie only cover the screen not the bezel overlap too)?

I wanna get Amfilm 15 plus screen protectors potentially for a 15 plus purchase but if they’re physically the same as 14 PM may just try left overs I have from that
It looks to me like a lot of these are being made slightly smaller so they won't reach the part of the screen that curves...

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
The Torras Diamond Shield was my favorite one for the 14PM. Most likely going to try this.

In previous years I've gotten good results from the iCarez brand.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I grabbed a 4-pack of these on Amazon for $10. Even if they aren't great, they'll hold me over until I find something better.

I got something similar - $6 for 4 (on sale). I mainly get them for keeping my screen from getting scuff marks, and the cheap ones seem to work just fine for that.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
I got something similar - $6 for 4 (on sale). I mainly get them for keeping my screen from getting scuff marks, and the cheap ones seem to work just fine for that.
Same here. I don’t really believe that expensive screen protectors are any different than the cheap ones.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Ah, yeah, I just noticed that statement. I think you are right! The “*” at the end adds more color:

“Manufacturer Note
* This application-included screen protector is not available online”

I have been lucky with the self install kits as well. I would definitely feel more comfortable having it installed at the Apple Store though. I’ll be going to the Apple Store the weekend of the launch assuming I receive my preorder on Fri 9/22 😀
This text was added:

“If you would prefer having a protector professionally applied, please visit an Apple Store and purchase a Belkin UltraGlass 2 Screen Protector compatible with Screen Protection Applicator, sold only in Apple Store locations.”

🙌

paulchiu

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2009
nyc
It’ll be easier to spot when the first reviews get posted but judging by some of these hands-on videos there is a slight curve at the edges which will make this year’s screen protectors almost impossible to be edge-to-edge. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the early screen protectors have major fit issues.
Are these pictures of the iPhone 15 Pro series? If so, maybe it's better to go commando. The bump on a protector would scratch skin every time.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Are these pictures of the iPhone 15 Pro series? If so, maybe it's better to go commando. The bump on a protector would scratch skin every time.
To each his own. My understanding is that the glass is the same as last year so it’s probably going to scratch. I prefer a protector so I don’t have to worry about the oleophobic layer getting worn out.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Does anyone have a 14 PM and 15 PM protector and can overlap them on top of each other to see if they’re any different?

I have a few 14 PM left over and wonder if I need to buy new ones for the 15 PM.

I have both and I can tell you the alignment tray for the 15 Pro Max is smaller and will not snap onto the 14 Pro Max.
The glass maybe the same exact size but I'm not 100% sure.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

jashworth03

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
This just arrived for my 15 Pro…just need the phone now 🤣

View attachment 2261728
I always go with Armorite but this year I bought this pack and the other ESR pack that I think is standard.

Interestingly enough the standard one mentions

“2.5D Curved Edges, Full-Coverage Military-Grade Protection, Scratch Resistan”​

The armorite which is usually the premium offering and was more expensive did not call off the curve. They both got delivered today and to be honest, they look the exact same!!

paulchiu

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2009
nyc
To each his own. My understanding is that the glass is the same as last year so it’s probably going to scratch. I prefer a protector so I don’t have to worry about the oleophobic layer getting worn out.
That's true, but the adhesives on the protector will remove the oleophobic coating is you need to replace it. Ofc, you can apple new oleophobic coating, but home applications are never as smooth.

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
I came on here to see which brands are popular these days and Spigen seems to be a popular choice. I have to ask, how come I don’t see ZAGG or Otterbox mentioned? Are these other brands similar quality? I’ve been using Otterbox Defender cases and ZAGG invisishields for years and never had an issue with either but I was curious about trying a different brand.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I came on here to see which brands are popular these days and Spigen seems to be a popular choice. I have to ask, how come I don’t see ZAGG or Otterbox mentioned? Are these other brands similar quality? I’ve been using Otterbox Defender cases and ZAGG invisishields for years and never had an issue with either but I was curious about trying a different brand.
Personally I’ve found the Zagg ones to be less reliable and overpriced. You’ll find a good range of price options in the recommendations here.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
That's true, but the adhesives on the protector will remove the oleophobic coating is you need to replace it. Ofc, you can apple new oleophobic coating, but home applications are never as smooth.
I’ve never had an issue with the protectors removing the oleophobic coating. Mostly the skin oils and lotions etc.

Reactions: StaceyBink

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
Do the Belkin ones at the Apple store cover the whole screen? Or do they still have that annoying cutout from previous versions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.