Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abhinav7333

macrumors member
May 5, 2012
Sometimes when I'm working at my laptop a tiny bright red spidery thing comes out of it. Just now I was typing and a thrip walked out of the miniscule gap between the lid and the hinge! :eek: I could swear it waved at me before it went back in.

Now where's that connection that says report this bug to Apple . . .

Hope they're not eating anything in there.

I have the same problem. Yesterday saw a spider come out my MBP. Oh well all species gotta live together. :p

Ish

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
UK
I didn't think when I first began this as a tongue-in-cheek thread it would have such a long life.

Thank you for all the *ahem* suggestions. So after soaking the laptop in water, freezing it for two hours, spraying it with bug spray, blowing it up in the microwave, blasting it with cold air I can confidently say that the bug problem is, indeed, no more.

Now, should I go and get a new 17" MBP or should I wait? ;)

zacp

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2015
so About Moths that go between screen and vents. he is always mocking me i swear the damn thing hates me. i try to kill it but nothing im gonna try the bag idea

Fimeg

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
so About Moths that go between screen and vents. he is always mocking me i swear the damn thing hates me. i try to kill it but nothing im gonna try the bag idea

Keep the thread alive! Someone post again in a few years.

Reactions: Ish

Aneef

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
I have a house-fly inside my macbook's display and I can see it. How can I take a screenshot with the fly in it?

Last edited:

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
turn the fans to the max that did it for me. but now my left fan does make weird noises like its hitting the casing but totally worth it

Reactions: BigMcGuire and Ish

Ish

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
UK
You might want to wait... they don't sell those anymore.

They did when I said it lol ! :D

Wow, this thread's eight years old now. And when I posted I didn't think it would have such a long life that was three years ago! :)

MacArris

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2020
Y'all ... today I found a *fourth* clover mite crawling on my MBP. It's been like, three days since I found the first. I hope they die off quickly, but I'm worried they won't. 😬

Ish

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Lol, I love it!!! I started this thread for fun in 2007 and it still surfaces occasionally (bit like the bugs really). 🤣 Seventeen years, is that a record?

Thank you MacArris!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.