Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m.r.m.

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2003
Germany
some of you guys seem to have some really cool visual styles running. can anyone link to a couple of them? how does one get the weather thingy? is it like samurize?

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
here's mine:

Attachments

• JulyDesktop.jpg
    JulyDesktop.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 258

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
m.r.m. said:
some of you guys seem to have some really cool visual styles running. can anyone link to a couple of them? how does one get the weather thingy? is it like samurize?

most of those little weather things and small controllers that you see are widgets from Konfubulator

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
AL-FAMOUS said:
so how do you post your desktop images that are taken with snapshot???
mine are way to large,

To take a snapshot: Cmd-Shift-3, you will then get a PDF-file on your desktop. If that is to big to upload you can open it in Preview and choose File -> Export and if you choose Format: to be JPEG the resulting file should be quite small.

Then you scroll down on the "Reply to Topic" page and click on the Manage Attachements under "Attach Files" and upload the JPEG-file.

Enjoy!

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
To take a snapshot: Cmd-Shift-3, you will then get a PDF-file on your desktop. If that is to big to upload you can open it in Preview and choose File -> Export and if you choose Format: to be JPEG the resulting file should be quite small.

Then you scroll down on the "Reply to Topic" page and click on the Manage Attachements under "Attach Files" and upload the JPEG-file.

Enjoy!

lol thanks for the very detail reply... i just ment how to shrink it...but thanks very much

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I changed my desktop around, as well. Take my word: I didn't do a simple hue shift from the orange and yellow version of my flash desktop on the first page to get this. Click for full view.

Muskie

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2003
Minneapolis
I'm not usually too into the random 3d stuff with all the 2d technical, but I felt the need to get a new desktop. It's rather soothing actually. :)

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 249
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.