Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
efoto said:
PM me and we can figure it out. The only way to get file sizes down is a SaveForWeb which kills all the color information. Just send me a note with an email or something and I can send you a larger image with proper color.

Oh, everything I posted was cropped 1024, so unless you have a 12" *Book, give me a size you want.
Anyone else, just PM me with your details if you want something.

It's funny that I was replying to your other post when I posted the message that is under yours. So though it looks like I am replying to your PM request, I had actually already PMed you.

:D

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
Here I played with it a bit.

What do you think?

Attachments

• sun.jpg
    sun.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 200

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Sharewaredemon said:
Here I played with it a bit.

What do you think?

I prefer my center on the solarized (what I am currently using) but that is what preferences are for, they set us apart.

How did you do those faded rings around the center like that? I like it.

Brother Michael

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
efoto said:
Ha, nicely done. <cut> ....what does that mean? :confused:

1. Adium Skin: MacFan26 showed me this one.
Step One: View > Show Groups
Step Two: Make a new color theme (or don't whatever), and change the background color in the "Window" tab, in the Color Theme.

And thanks, I loved it when I saw it on MacFan26's desktop.

2. Icons between Adium and Safari: The little globe is called Colloquy, it is an IRC client. A damned good one too, I was finally able to figure out how to use IRC. It is actually purple with a little bull horn, but I was going for an aqua blue dock at the time and so I skinned it.

The little world icon next to Safari is Camino...I love Camino.

3. Between iTunes and Address Book: Fetch (ver 4.0.3). Great little FTP program.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
efoto said:
Yes, the point was to make it as full as possible, just for fun. We had started a mini-discussion on that point in regards to my noticing how full emw's dock was on his desktop post.
Sheesh, I only have 60 things in there. It's not like it's that many. :p

Besides, I use all of them at least once every week, and most every day, so it works out for me. Besides, on the 20" ACD, it's not so bad. When I have to rely on the PB screen, it's a little much, I admit.

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
efoto said:
I prefer my center on the solarized (what I am currently using) but that is what preferences are for, they set us apart.

How did you do those faded rings around the center like that? I like it.

I used the Glowing Edges filter to edit that picture.

I set the Edge Width to 14
Edge Brightness to 9(ish)
and Smoothness to 15

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Littleodie914 said:
Haha I had that desktop on my iMac G5 a couple weeks back, one of my personal faves :D
So you won before me, but i still won before the Sharewaredemon! ;) :D

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
ExoticFish said:
i love this Mars pic but i tinted it blue. i think it looks a lot better.
w00t for oregon trail :D

my new windows screenshot (idk if i've posted this month's mac screenshot--havent bothered to check) the background is from macdesktops.net. it's 1600x1200 but i just centered it with a white background :)
i just got it wednesday so i haven't had time to install much "serious" stuff besides office; just games and other fun stuff lol
click for full-size

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.