Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NeutraLNinja

Suspended
May 7, 2024
Iā€™m not arguing about I donā€™t care lol. Iā€™m telling the guy I donā€™t care so he can stop wasting his time typing out paragraphs when I am
You wrote this and you can't prove it(like most things you say about Android): On android even when there is nothing on the device literally 70 percent of the storage is already gone

šŸ¤£

Reactions: Vegastouch

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
It's amusing how you make up this stuff but hey it obviously makes you feel better.
I would ask you to show me an Android smartphone with nothing on the device but the OS and 70% of the storage gone. Impossible exercise I would say.
To the point, Android allows much better storage management than iOS in general also have you seen Android 15 and the new App Archiving feature? Really nice stuff.
That sounds a lot like the iOS Offload Unused Apps feature.
IMG_6957.jpeg

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
My last android is a galaxy s22 and z flip both that still works just fine in spite of them being a lag droid. Itā€™s literally in my signature

When you have a point letā€™s chat because at this guy point youā€™re not making no sense.

As far as memory, in todayā€™s age of cloud and streaming, i have no issu using 64 gb. Unlike android, iOS and lower storage isnā€™t as problematic. On android even when there is nothing on the device literally 70 percent of the storage is already gone.
Lol, ok so I have no point but you say BS like this? You are just one of those I guess.
And obviously you are paying Apple for cloud storage so.....cool.
I don't pay for any storage, had my Pixel for 8 months and haven't used 70% of the storage šŸ™„.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Please tell me how Iā€™m making stuff up that I literally experience based on my usage šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ like youā€™re really telling me what MY EXPERIENCE is. Like android fans canā€™t accept that not everyone likes or thinks android is great because it isnā€™t. Like plz be real.

I donā€™t need to feel better because Iā€™m happy using the Device I want (iPhone 15 pm) and I didnā€™t settle for a subpar ecosystem like google and android. Iā€™d go back to my old windows phone but I use android as a daily driver again. It pisses me off using my galaxy now sometimes when I pick it up.

You donā€™t need to try and boast about android. One because I donā€™t care. Thatā€™s the main reason actually.

But also because I donā€™t need to be educated on a platform Iā€™ve used the last sixteen years.

Sorry android sucks to me and most in my circle and I actively make sure to try and regularly switch my android friends to iPhone with mostly success. Itā€™ll be okay bud šŸ¤”šŸ˜«

My only main hold out is a friend with a pixel 8 but even he hates that phone and he sees how well the rest of us enjoy our iPhones so heā€™ll probably be switching soon.
I find this post odd.
I don't care which one you like. It's ,....ok, use what you like but if you think "Android sucks" why do you keep buying them? And why do you care what your friends use? I've never once tried to get friends to switch. I don't care what they have.
That's weird to me but then I've seen people in here say they wouldn't date somebody that didn't have an iPhone and imo that's just ridiculous. Somebody who thinks that way isn't worth dating.
It's like saying, you drive a Chevy? Dates over!

The Apple Bitch

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2024
I've never once tried to get friends to switch. I don't care what they have.
That's weird to me but then I've seen people in here say they wouldn't date somebody that didn't have an iPhone and imo that's just ridiculous. Somebody who thinks that way isn't worth dating. It's like saying, you drive a Chevy? Dates over!
Hi hi, hello, I just wanna give my two cents on the dating question/situation.

First off: iPhones are social statements. Since they are generally more expensive, 'better' designed and a status symbol. If one doesn't have an iPhone it could mean that the person in question has poor economics, disregard the social or the aesthetic aspects.

Secondly: Many iPhone users believe that Android phones are far less advanced than iPhones.

Last but maybe the most deciding factor is the compatibility issue between the operating systems and that Android often can be like a foreign language to iPhone users.

Many people aren't ready to meet new people, much less date someone and having technical problems plus having to learn a new world called Android. It can be much more commitment for some than others.

I also think this is mostly said about the early stages before you get to know someone.

Hope this helps you understand and please let me know if I missed something.

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles

First off: iPhones are social statements. Since they are generally more expensive, 'better' designed and a status symbol. If one doesn't have an iPhone it could mean that the person in question has poor economics, disregard the social or the aesthetic aspects.

Secondly: Many iPhone users believe that Android phones are far less advanced than iPhones.

Last but maybe the most deciding factor is the compatibility issue between the operating systems and that Android often can be like a foreign language to iPhone users.

Many people aren't ready to meet new people, much less date someone and having technical problems plus having to learn a new world called Android. It can be much more commitment for some than others.

I also think this is mostly said about the early stages before you get to know someone.

Those are the some of the most shallow reasons to not date someone I have ever heard oh my god

Anyways, can we steer this back to google ruining the internet with a chatbot?

scorpio vega

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2023
Raleigh, NC
Lol, ok so I have no point but you say BS like this? You are just one of those I guess.
And obviously you are paying Apple for cloud storage so.....cool.
I don't pay for any storage, had my Pixel for 8 months and haven't used 70% of the storage šŸ™„.

Okay lovely for you I guess? I have an apple one account so the storage already comes with it. I am not sure what your point is.

Android fans get so defensive when ppl donā€™t praise android and idk why. Especially on an apple website.

The Apple Bitch

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2024
Those are the some of the most shallow reasons to not date someone I have ever heard oh my god
I'm not speaking on behalf of these opinions, I'm simply the messenger...

Anyways, can we steer this back to google ruining the internet with a chatbot?
Sure, but that are some hefty claims. I disbelieve that they are ruining the internet, especially with their chatbot(s).

scorpio vega

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2023
Raleigh, NC
Iā€™m not this bad. I donā€™t necessarily stop talking to guys that donā€™t use iPhones but when I went to Sydney last summer I did indirectly stop talking to a guy I had been dating for a few weeks because he had an android lmao. Not so much because it was android. He was the only person who required me to have to use another app while I was there and I found it annoying to have to remember so we just didnā€™t text and by the time I returned I basically didnā€™t like him anymore lmao šŸ¤£

I really donā€™t care what phones my friends use but I refuse to let most of my friends use their cameras to take pics of me because they see terrible.

But it makes life easier when we are all on iPhones. Things like us Apple Pay money for our upcoming trips.

Things like sharing location easily when we go on dates.

Things like sharing music easily.

We had an outage recently for my phone company and it was a godsend to be able to use FaceTime. Canā€™t call my lagdroid friends.

For those of us who are in apple ecosystem and use their devices project collaboration is easy.

I donā€™t think ppl who use android are less than me. If anything android users think they are superior and itā€™s kind of sad.

I do prefer ppl who have iPhones over android. But itā€™s not a dealbreaker. And I encourage my friends to get iPhones because I feel they should have the best. But if they insist on using android thatā€™s their Choice.

Also I brought the s22 and I won the z flip. Iā€™d never waste money Or time buying a lag droid again.

@The Apple Bitch @Vegastouch

• Love
Reactions: The Apple Bitch

scorpio vega

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2023
Raleigh, NC
Sure, but that are some hefty claims. I disbelieve that they are ruining the internet, especially with their chatbot(s).
Google is ruining the internet because they are a monopoly.

I used to love Microsoft edge. Even in the windows 8 days and I had to drop it when edge switched to chromium.

The Apple Bitch

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2024
Google is ruining the internet because they are a monopoly.

I used to love Microsoft edge. Even in the windows 8 days and I had to drop it when edge switched to chromium.
I'm not a Google fan, rather the opposite but I still wouldn't say that they are "ruining" the internet and especially not with their chatbots.

I think the world would be better without their monopoly and out-filtered search results but I must still recognize them as a great service.

It's all chromium xD

Would love to se Apple outclass Google by expanding their spotlight search capabilities to be a search engine though :D

As for the chatbots, they will probably come and go. They can never be first source or trusted with important things. I bet that action models will be far superior to language models and provide great value as well as utility.

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles

Did you watch IO? Google is currently rolling out AI in search, to respond to questions and summarize online content like news. It functionally upends the role that the search engine has has until now.

"Google will google it for you" I believe is the quote.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Okay lovely for you I guess? I have an apple one account so the storage already comes with it. I am not sure what your point is.

Android fans get so defensive when ppl donā€™t praise android and idk why. Especially on an apple website.
No, I actually don't care what you use. It doesn't matter to me at all. I just think you greatly exaggerate your points.

However, some of the issues we have with other people having problems like pictures not looking as well on iPhones sent from Androids is actually Apples fault.

They don't like To play well with others and never have going back many years.

Last edited:

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Whoa.... You have to be joking right?
Android is a new world? Hmm, I'm mystified at that.

An iPhone is a social statement?
To who? Teenagers? I can't imagine adults thinking that way.

I can't fathom a technical problem with dating. Anyone imo who feels that way has to be socially awkward.

The Apple Bitch

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2024
Did you watch IO? Google is currently rolling out AI in search, to respond to questions and summarize online content like news. It functionally upends the role that the search engine has has until now.

"Google will google it for you" I believe is the quote.
Yes, almost right: "Google will do the Googling for you".

My thesis is that Googles AI is to unreliable to have such a great effect as to "ruining the internet".

Did you miss Bing-search??

The Apple Bitch

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2024
Whoa.... You have to be joking right?
Android is a new world? Hmm, I'm mystified at that.
Yes, it can be.

An iPhone is a social statement?
To who? Teenagers? I can't imagine adults thinking that way.
Every choice you make, that is perceived by others, becomes social statements šŸ¤¦šŸ¼.

I can't fathom a technical problem with dating. Anyone imo who feels that way has to be socially awkward.
Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, who knows šŸ¤·šŸ¼.

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
Yes, almost right: "Google will do the Googling for you".

My thesis is that Googles AI is to unreliable to have such a great effect as to "ruining the internet".

Did you miss Bing-search??

It doesn't matter how reliable Google's new stuff is, though. The average user will do their search, read the AI summary, and then never click a link below that (unless they're shopping I guess).

This basically transforms websites into databases for Gemini to read and regurgitate to users. No traffic, no ad revenue, no more internet as we know it.

The Apple Bitch

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2024
There is and will be copyright regulations in place that limits its functionality. Though violation happens it will probably have a significantly heftier price in the future. Websites should also be able to opt in or out.

I'm not an expert on ads or ad revenue, maybe thats why I don't see how different it would be from Bing-search or ChatGPT, could you try to explain?

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
There is and will be copyright regulations in place that limits its functionality. Though violation happens it will probably have a significantly heftier price in the future. Websites should also be able to opt in or out.
I imagine websites that opt out or file copyright claims would simply be down ranked in search, disincentivizing them from doing so. This would reduce traffic, impacting ad revenue.

I'm not an expert on ads or ad revenue, maybe thats why I don't see how different it would be from Bing-search or ChatGPT, could you try to explain?

Websites make money on ads based on how many people see them and how many people click on them. If nobody sees those ads, because Google scraped their webpage and regurgitated the info, then they won't get paid. This would severely impact any website that sustains itself on advertising.

The difference when compared to Bing or ChatGPT is scale. 90% of web searches happen on Google.

The Apple Bitch

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2024
I imagine websites that opt out or file copyright claims would simply be down ranked in search, disincentivizing them from doing so. This would reduce traffic, impacting ad revenue.
Yes and no, I think... if it's done to heavily the concept will flop and backfire. And Google is already the master of filtering out search results, people still use it and have been for a loooong time (pun intended).

Websites make money on ads based on how many people see them and how many people click on them. If nobody sees those ads, because Google scraped their webpage and regurgitated the info, then they won't get paid. This would severely impact any website that sustains itself on advertising.
Thanks, but I now wonder: Would a websites receive ad revenue if the person searching would read the text displayed under the website and get what they needed from that i.e. never entering the site. Like reading this result for example, but not entering wikipedia:

View attachment 2380202
The difference when compared to Bing or ChatGPT is scale. 90% of web searches happen on Google.
Doesn't most ad revenue come from regular website visitors and users? I don't think that would stop with this change. Maybe a little but basically the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.