Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
Really want to try the Sandmarc Minimal Leather case in Navy. Seems like the best option for Blue Ti phones.
Shipping to Australia is pricey though and I dont want to be burned like I was by Andar.

Anyone tried it yet?

I tried the sand and I’m going to return it. The leather doesn’t feel great and the case didn’t fit that well, there was some separation at the bottom of the phone. It’s also thicker and heavier than most of my other leather cases. I went back to the bare skin and I think I’m sticking with it. They have a navy but I don’t think I’ve seen a pictures posted here.

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
55544c138e09226282830e6b199db0fb.jpg

So for those of you with the new closed bottom bullstrap case, now you’ve had it a few days or more… thoughts?
I've mainly been rocking the open-bottom the past few days instead. I'll probably switch back to the closed-bottom soon.

Reactions: RRC

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I tried the sand and I’m going to return it. The leather doesn’t feel great and the case didn’t fit that well, there was some separation at the bottom of the phone. It’s also thicker and heavier than most of my other leather cases. I went back to the bare skin and I think I’m sticking with it. They have a navy but I don’t think I’ve seen a pictures posted here.
oh sad to hear that. My Sandmarc will arrive on Wednesday. I don`t like the Bare Navy. It is a 1:1 copy of Andar but with green instead of black buttons. Also both cases are much more green than blue.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
oh sad to hear that. My Sandmarc will arrive on Wednesday. I don`t like the Bare Navy. It is a 1:1 copy of Andar but with green instead of black buttons. Also both cases are much more green than blue.
Hopefully you like it better than I did. It just has a hard feel almost like a pu leather case that I didn’t care for.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Hopefully you like it better than I did. It just has a hard feel almost like a pu leather case that I didn’t care for.

I think the sandmarc texture is very similar to the mujjo cases, which isn’t very popular on any leather case discussion. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were also painted to add colour as well.

blkrfl556

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2020
North carolina
Pleasantly surprised with the quality of the Kordiz Impact leather case. Pictured on my 14 pro max. The case reminds me a lot of the Nomad cases. Possibly even made in the same factories… looks great, feels great, see where it goes.
ca69fef65a89f29519ee4d5cc93f418b.jpg

0858fb69456a25132d87917b0d4e5e26.jpg

1f1fea975dd03e62538024bc575cb942.jpg

d9575223585007b92d735e9f15565875.jpg

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
Could someone please recommend a purplish leather case for a 14 PM? Thanks!

Edit: Closed-bottom, please.

Last edited:

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
Bullstrap was kind enough to send me a closed-bottom replacement case after I told them my buttons were misaligned. The new case's charging and speaker cutouts are slightly off-center, but the buttons are way better. There is also no gap between the phone and the case near the charging port on this one.

Leather quality is great on both.

I'm curious if they'll sell enough of the closed-bottom cases to make them in more colors or continue this style for the 16 series.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Bullstrap was kind enough to send me a closed-bottom replacement case after I told them my buttons were misaligned. The new case's charging and speaker cutouts are slightly off-center, but the buttons are way better. There is also no gap between the phone and the case near the charging port on this one.

I'm curious if they'll sell enough of the closed-bottom cases to make them in more colors or continue this style for the 16 series.
They did say on Instagram that new colours are planned for towards the end of next month, and that closed bottom cases for the 14 Pro / Pro Max are due in around 2 months as well.

Reactions: mikext

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas

Is the lip even around your screen? On mine the corners were nearly flush with the screen

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Is the lip even around your screen? On mine the corners were nearly flush with the screen

Have you got a screen protector? It may be an oversight but I’m guessing it’s been designed and tested without a screen protector as with one mine is nearly flush but without there’s plenty of lip depth.

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
Have you got a screen protector? It may be an oversight but I’m guessing it’s been designed and tested without a screen protector as with one mine is nearly flush but without there’s plenty of lip depth.
No screen protector for me.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Just received my tech grab bag from Andar where they were selling off stock where you basically got a lucky dip of 3 cases for your chosen phone model that had minor defects or didn’t have the action button etc.

Got tan, technically red and the blanc cactus leather white one. Very happy with that little selection for $60!

Reactions: mikext

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Just received my tech grab bag from Andar where they were selling off stock where you basically got a lucky dip of 3 cases for your chosen phone model that had minor defects or didn’t have the action button etc.

Got tan, technically red and the blanc cactus leather white one. Very happy with that little selection for $60!
I was tempted to order one of those bags.

If I’d got those three cases, I’d be disappointed with all of them.

Glad I resisted the order 😂

Reactions: UltraInstinct

Chrisjaylv

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2021
Pleasantly surprised with the quality of the Kordiz Impact leather case. Pictured on my 14 pro max. The case reminds me a lot of the Nomad cases. Possibly even made in the same factories… looks great, feels great, see where it goes.
ca69fef65a89f29519ee4d5cc93f418b.jpg

0858fb69456a25132d87917b0d4e5e26.jpg

1f1fea975dd03e62538024bc575cb942.jpg

d9575223585007b92d735e9f15565875.jpg
That looks nice! Is the bottom better than nomad?

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010

I tried mine and the color is perfect. I had a bit of a strange feeling because the case feels very hard and not like a soft leather. But I like the color and I don`t mind the PU Leather Feel. It is grippy enough and it has a tight fit.

I think the sandmarc texture is very similar to the mujjo cases, which isn’t very popular on any leather case discussion. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were also painted to add colour as well.

Yes it feels similar to the mujjo but it is much better. The Mujjo has sharp edges and the Sandmarc has rounded one. The case feels much better in the hand. And it fits much tighter than any mujjo cases I tried for the 14 and 15 series.

I will stick with it as for me it is the best looking blue leather case on the marked. All other "navy" or "blue" leather cases are more likely green and not blue.

Reactions: RRC

CaramelSky

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2022
I tried mine and the color is perfect. I had a bit of a strange feeling because the case feels very hard and not like a soft leather. But I like the color and I don`t mind the PU Leather Feel. It is grippy enough and it has a tight fit.

Yes it feels similar to the mujjo but it is much better. The Mujjo has sharp edges and the Sandmarc has rounded one. The case feels much better in the hand. And it fits much tighter than any mujjo cases I tried for the 14 and 15 series.

I will stick with it as for me it is the best looking blue leather case on the marked. All other "navy" or "blue" leather cases are more likely green and not blue.
Would you be able to post some pics when you have a chance? I liked the mujjo blue case but returned it due to the incompatibility with magsafe (huge camera ring).

The sandmarc in navy seems to be the one for me by the sounds of it.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.