Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

It's already Wednesday, May 15 in Australia and New Zealand, so customers who pre-ordered one of the new M4 iPad Pro or M2 iPad Air models are starting to receive their devices.

m4-iPad-Pro-Horizontal-Feature-Purple-and-Blue.jpg

The new iPads were introduced last week, with the iPad Pro featuring OLED display technology, a next-generation M4 chip, and a thin and light design that makes it even thinner and lighter than the iPad "Air." Meanwhile, the iPad Air has the M2 chip that was previously in the iPad Pro, providing a nice upgrade over the M1, and Apple has also introduced a new 13-inch display size so you can get the Air in two sizes much like the Pro, but it's just an LCD display rather than an OLED display.
Apple also launched a new Magic Keyboard for the iPad Pro with a larger glass trackpad, a function row of keys, and an aluminum palm rest that makes it look more like a MacBook than ever, plus there's an Apple Pencil Pro that works with both the iPad Air and iPad Pro models.

New Zealand doesn't have Apple retail locations, but stores in Australia will have the new iPad Pro and iPad Air models available for purchase. The iPad Pro and iPad Air didn't sell out and should be readily available, but there is a wait online for the nano-texture glass option on higher-capacity 1TB and 2TB iPad Pro models.

Following New Zealand and Australia, sales and deliveries of the new iPads will kick off in Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and finally, North America.

Pricing on the iPad Air starts at $599, while pricing on the iPad Pro starts at $999. The Magic Keyboard is priced starting at $299, while the Apple Pencil Pro is $129.

Make sure to stay tuned to MacRumors because we'll have a hands-on review of the new iPad Pro tomorrow morning.

Article Link: M4 iPad Pro Models Start Arriving to Customers in New Zealand and Australia

Last edited:
Reactions: SFjohn

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
The migratory nature of iPads is consistent… always arriving in Australia and New Zealand first.

The new iPad Pro coming in to land… the lighter airframe and oled colors make for a sight to behold… seeing its folio fold away neatly once landed on customers desk

🤔😀

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I’m picking my iPad Pro 13” 256GB Space Black wifi with Magic Keyboard up from the Apple Store in 30 mins.

Cost me AUD$2,578 from the Apple Education store. But I also sold my M2 iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil 2 for AUD$1650.

Stay tuned for photos here. Can’t be bothered making a thread for it

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Another reason why it didn't sell out? Apple didn't really show off anything significant or revolutionary that these iPad Pros can do, that previous models couldn't do, apart from the Apple Pencil Pro integration...

Now, if WWDC comes around and Apple announces something truly groundbreaking that affect the new iPad Pros? I can totally see them selling out next month, with that promise in mind...we shall see...

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
I’m picking my iPad Pro 13” 256GB Space Black wifi with Magic Keyboard up from the Apple Store in 30 mins.

Cost me AUD$2,578 from the Apple Education store. But I also sold my M2 iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil 2 for AUD$1650.

Stay tuned for photos here. Can’t be bothered making a thread for it
Ok look forward to your thoughts.
Thanks for keeping the inflation numbers going up lol
And my mortgage interest rate % haha

I want 512GB have over 200 of photos/vid, use iCloud but prefer on board.

GrayFlannel

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2024
In Australia and ordered a new iPad Air M2 cellular and received a notification that it’s on board for delivery today. Replacing an iPad 6 which has served me well but getting slow and sluggish so thinking it should be a nice upgrade!
Congratulations! May I please ask why you ordered it with cellular connectivity?

Reactions: Jovijoker

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
Got an email in the afternoon today that the new iPad Pro is ready for pickup at the local Apple store, but I have to wait until tomorrow anyway, weird policy.

Reactions: lyngo and Jovijoker

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
I thought I opted for in-store pickup but low and behold it’s getting shipped to my apartment and idk if I’ll be home lololol

bLackjackj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
Got an email in the afternoon today that the new iPad Pro is ready for pickup at the local Apple store, but I have to wait until tomorrow anyway, weird policy.
You don't have to wait, just go to the store and pickup. They are just being overly cautious about non-existant store traffic. There is also plenty of stock for walk-in, so not sure why people feel a need to pre-order.

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
You don't have to wait, just go to the store and pickup. They are just being overly cautious about non-existant store traffic. There is also plenty of stock for walk-in, so not sure why people feel a need to pre-order.
I could be wrong, but I thought Apple stores are not allowed to make them available 'early' when there is an official launch date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.