Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoldOnApple

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2011
I ordered a purple Air 13 inch from Telstra the other day and it's meant to arrive today. Tracking just changed to tomorrow, but who knows, Australia Post tracking is pretty unreliable. Wish I bought the Pro, but also glad I didn't so I can get the Pro when it has always on display and after I win the lottery.

schustmi

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2019
A request for our southern friends…for those picking up 9-core M4 iPads could we get some more geekbench scores uploaded?

Reactions: Wags

uuee6543

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2015
Another reason why it didn't sell out? Apple didn't really show off anything significant or revolutionary that these iPad Pros can do, that previous models couldn't do, apart from the Apple Pencil Pro integration...

Now, if WWDC comes around and Apple announces something truly groundbreaking that affect the new iPad Pros? I can totally see them selling out next month, with that promise in mind...we shall see...
I honestly doubt this. Your average Joe doesn’t watch WWDC nor cares about it in the slightest…

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
I ordered a purple Air 13 inch from Telstra the other day and it's meant to arrive today. Tracking just changed to tomorrow, but who knows, Australia Post tracking is pretty unreliable. Wish I bought the Pro, but also glad I didn't so I can get the Pro when it has always on display and after I win the lottery.
yeah or sell a kidney lol
I done even use always on display on my 15 max.

Reactions: SFjohn

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Ok look forward to your thoughts.
Thanks for keeping the inflation numbers going up lol
And my mortgage interest rate % haha

I want 512GB have over 200 of photos/vid, use iCloud but prefer on board.
OK I lied - I made a new thread :)

IMG_4979.jpg
IMG_4983.jpg
IMG_4984.jpg
IMG_4985.jpg

adamonearth

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2010
Congratulations! May I please ask why you ordered it with cellular connectivity?
I didn’t want to hotspot constantly which I find can drain the battery on the iPhone with my current iPad and rather have them independent of each other.

Ended up ordering through Telstra which is a Telco in Australia.

Reactions: GrayFlannel

Dodgykebab

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2019
Both my 13 inch pros arrived about an hour ago, ordered both to see if I preferred the standard or nano textured glass, definitely keeping the standard and returning the nano, it’s affects on the OLED viewing experience was as bad as I thought it would be.

Last edited:

jdawgnoonan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Jefferson, WI
I am excited about my 13" Pro arriving tomorrow. I have multiple "Real" computers and my M1 iPad Pro (12.9) is my favorite device. I am a Windows and Linux Power User professionally who chooses Mac OS and iPad OS personally because they do not make me feel like I am at work when I am off and they help me to create music. Honestly, in my personal life iPad OS can do everything that I need. But even professionally, with the Azure Virtual Desktop Client, I can do most of my work on an iPad as well. I really get sick of hearing about the "Cut Down" OS. Why do I care about that if I can still access the not "Cut Down" OSes that actually help me earn my living? Most of us could get by with dumb terminals for our professional IT work. I could subject myself to a cheap Chromebook for my job if I wanted to force myself to, and I run a cloud system with 500k users.

Last edited:

entropys

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Just get the m1 mini led cheaper and does the same thing, who needs the m4
I was trying on the same justification to myself but in the end just but the bullet on the Base M4.
but that procrastination meant that instead of getting it delivered today before my yank friends, it should turn up about the same time as they get theirs.

GrayFlannel

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2024
I didn’t want to hotspot constantly which I find can drain the battery on the iPhone with my current iPad and rather have them independent of each other.

Ended up ordering through Telstra which is a Telco in Australia.
Thank you for the reply. My iPad is only WiFi and seldomly anywhere that does not provide it. In the rare case I am I use the iPhone hotspot but never long enough to notice the battery usage. I have often wondered why some people buy the cellular model. Again, thank you for the reply. Enjoy your device!

bLackjackj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
I could be wrong, but I thought Apple stores are not allowed to make them available 'early' when there is an official launch date.
It's not early,..they are released at retail today in Australia. Relax, Tim still wants your money - today. JB and all the other retailers have a lot of stock. It's not going anywhere.

Reactions: G5isAlive

bLackjackj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
Ah they will be the first ones to post the bending videos.
The stupidity of these videos. I can bend any thin laptop, tablet, Microsoft Surface, Android phone or any device for that matter. DON'T view the videos, thats the only way to stop people monetizing them. Apple loves them, as they are just additonal sales.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Thank you for the reply. My iPad is only WiFi and seldomly anywhere that does not provide it. In the rare case I am I use the iPhone hotspot but never long enough to notice the battery usage. I have often wondered why some people buy the cellular model. Again, thank you for the reply. Enjoy your device!

I have always gotten the cellular. We live in a rural area, and up until we got our Starlink a few months ago, our internet data was limited. Even though our cellular service isn’t always the best, I knew I could connect without the WiFi. It’s nice for travel also.

When I bought my Air 5, I decided to go WiFi only and just give it a shot. It’s been okay (great since we have gotten our Starlink), but after some horrible storms recently, and being without power and/or internet, I decided to order my new pro with cellular.

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
It's not early,..they are released at retail today in Australia. Relax, Tim still wants your money - today. JB and all the other retailers have a lot of stock. It's not going anywhere.
I'm in the U.S., hence my point about getting the ready for pickup notification a day early.

• Sad
Reactions: G5isAlive

entropys

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
I have gone base M4 11 with wifi, first time I haven’t bought the cellular version of the iPad. Let’s see what it does to my 13 mini battery.
I have always gotten the cellular version as I wanted the GPS for work. But I have just changed jobs where I won’t need to do remote location work. So… I guess I will see if I miss it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.