Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Originally posted by Freg3000
Having the store mangers "out of town" on 10-24/25 is not good news. How would someone find this out anyway?

I just want Panther now. :)

I consider the fact they are all busy at once evidence they are all training on a new product or three. It seems to me Apple managers are the new middleware between you and Apple these days at least for one entire growing channel.

I predict they are training on windows compatible iTunes and Panther and the new iBooks. There was even a rumor for a while of a dual 1.8ghz G5 tower and it is about time for that to pop, if it was real.

But how can you go wrong with all new shipping Powerbook G4's and Powermac G5's in relative abundance?

Rocketman

Dr. No

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2003
How is it?

Has anyone used a recent Panther build? How are they?? A lot faster than Jaguar?

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
How is it? Great!

Originally posted by Dr. No
Has anyone used a recent Panther build? How are they?? A lot faster than Jaguar?
I've been running the last developer release - 7B74 September 20 - for a couple of weeks now. It's fast, reliable and appears to be pretty bug free. On this old 500 MHz Cube it is significantly faster than 10.2.6 was. I still have 10.2.6 running on a 450 Cube and I can feel the difference.

I think the best part about Panther is that older slower macs will benefit the most from its adoption. If objectivity is involved, many more 9 users will finally make the switch to OS X via Panther. Only OS 9 Bigots will not switch.

mxpiazza

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2003
cleveland, oh
i know for a fact that not ALL apple managers are out of town the 24th-25th, because apple's new store at Legacy Village in Lyndhurst, Ohio (10 minutes outside cleveland) opens (along with the whole legacy village complex) on friday, october 24th. those managers are actually training right now at the Easton Town Center Apple Store in Coulumbus, Ohio, i know because i was talking to them about it when i returned my g5 for the new powerbook. i'd go to vegas that panther is released on the 24th... no better way to open a new store!

SoGood

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Panther compatibilities

Anyone know if 7B85 Gold is compatible with Palm and its hotsync softwares?

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2003
Halifax, Canada
Using 7B85

Seems really fast - and stable.
Havent run into any major problems as far as major applications go - including the ones you see in my dock (dont mind serial box lol...)

Really fast - especially on my underpowered iBook with limited RAM.

Attachments

• picture 2.jpg
    picture 2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 367

killergator

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2003
orlando
Currently 7B74 is the only version of Panther preview available to developers on the adc seed site - I just checked.The photo above looks mighty fishy to me. There hasn't been a lot of movement since this release came out. hmmm makes you wonder....
Panther Rocks so far..... and no don't ask me to give you a copy:p

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2003
Halifax, Canada
fishy?

Well I don't really know what you mean by fishy, but '85 is definately much improved over '74 as I had that installed earlier.
The intro screen and music are different from the other builds, loos -- and feels very smooth overall. So yes - there is a 7B85...

BTW - Have torrents?? ;)
(change extension from .txt to .torrent)

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2003
Halifax, Canada
so here they are :=)

then go to:

change extensions to .torrent, double click, burn with disk copy and enjoy lol

Mike

[Admin Edit: illegal distribution of files is not allowed on MacRumors]

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2003
Halifax, Canada
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that it was illegal to post torrenst... Im still going to buy my copy!

Just more to prove that I'm not the kind of person to waste my time doctoring photos to brag about build numbers - thats all.

Whoops
Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.