Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
That looks absolutely amazing; I hadn't known that France is also home to some very good micro-breweries.
Indeed, and many of the local beers are very good as well, the region next to the Lake Geneva region Haute Savoie (High Savoy) is a good example.

French Alps mountain brews
(In French)

The "Brasserie du Mont Blanc" make nice brews that my avatar's buddies (Vikings dear readers) would appreciate.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Heindijs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
Had a Steam Brew again recently. These are so great, especially the whole look and feel.
IMG_2245.jpeg

They have quite a few different beers. The session and imperial IPA are the only two I can find at my local Lidl but a hop over the border and I can buy their stout or red ale.

Recommend them if you'll be able to find them anywhere. It's really cheap for half a litre, often around 1 to 1.20 euro.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Had a Steam Brew again recently. These are so great, especially the whole look and feel.
View attachment 2382761
They have quite a few different beers. The session and imperial IPA are the only two I can find at my local Lidl but a hop over the border and I can buy their stout or red ale.

Recommend them if you'll be able to find them anywhere. It's really cheap for half a litre, often around 1 to 1.20 euro.
Nice, checked out their website, quite creative, curious as where are you located. I am in Geneva, Switzerland and we have Lidl here but have not checked them out in awhile.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Heindijs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
Nice, checked out their website, quite creative, curious as where are you located. I am in Geneva, Switzerland and we have Lidl here but have not checked them out in awhile.
I'm from the Netherlands, I just checked Lidl.ch and they seem to have them for 1.19chf, which is close to what they cost here. They do seem to have the entire assortment too, which we sadly lack!

Heindijs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
IMG_4765.jpeg

Found some really cool looking craft beers at Aldi today. I've already tried the blond, nothing special, a bit sour but has its own character.

I like the concept of the bottle designs. 'Beer factory' and then using terms most often heard in factory work. ('snipperdag' = day off, 'ploegbaas' = shift manager, 'schafttijd' = lunch time)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Out at Wheatland Farm Brewery today. For some reason I didnt anap flicks of the wheat ale or IPA, but did manage the amber and dunkel (all were exceptionally delicious)

View attachment 2382863 View attachment 2382864
They look absolutely delicious; do enjoy.
View attachment 2384420
Found some really cool looking craft beers at Aldi today. I've already tried the blond, nothing special, a bit sour but has its own character.

I like the concept of the bottle designs. 'Beer factory' and then using terms most often heard in factory work. ('snipperdag' = day off, 'ploegbaas' = shift manager, 'schafttijd' = lunch time)
Fascinating.

This looks to be worth investigating further.

Reactions: Heindijs

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
View attachment 2384420

Now I gotta run into Aldi...

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
The dunkel was absolutely stellar. I should have bought a 4-pack to bring home, but I purchased a 4-pack of something I didnt try (their Piedmont Ale, called Apres) and that was a mistake.
A good quality dunkel (for this is a style that I also love) is to be cherished.

And it is also a beverage that one should stock up.....in ample quantities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.