Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
Your point being??
I said that for many people a certain specification was a better buy. I clearly wasn't talking about my own situation, but that of many others. You nonsensically replied that I should vote with MY wallet. This made no sense, so I clarified, as you presumably misread.

Boing123

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2024
I said that for many people a certain specification was a better buy. I clearly wasn't talking about my own situation, but that of many others. You nonsensically replied that I should vote with MY wallet. This made no sense, so I clarified, as you presumably misread.
“Vote with you wallet” is a general statement which applies to any consumer, not just you. It is not nonsensical at all.

And I still fail to see how you can conceivably have a better view on what ‘many’ consider the better buy. Logic would dictate Apple will have done market research to assess what they can get away with and that their ability to know what their customers want far exceeds your individual ability to do the same.

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
“Vote with you wallet” is a general statement which applies to any consumer, not just you. It is not nonsensical at all.

And I still fail to see how you can conceivably have a better view on what ‘many’ consider the better buy. Logic would dictate Apple will have done market research to assess what they can get away with and that their ability to know what their customers want far exceeds your individual ability to do the same.
"Then they should vote with their wallet" would have been grammatically correct.

Why you would address that statement to me is anyone's guess. A: I can't influence them all. B: Who is to say they aren't already voting with their wallets?

I'm aware you were just trying to dismiss my comment out of hand, with the standard 'don't buy it if you don't like it' attitude that people use when trying to shut down a discussion, in defence of their favourite giant corporation.

Boing123

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2024
"Then they should vote with their wallet" would have been grammatically correct.

Are you familiar with the concept ‘figure of speech’?

Why you would address that statement to me is anyone's guess. A: I can't influence them all.

I think the issue at hand is that you continue to extrapolate your own opinions in machine base spec, our own wants and desires, to ‘everyone’. You shouldn’t need to ‘influence them all’. YOU don’t like the specs and the strategy but just like you, everyone else will have to make up their own mind: buy or go elsewhere… simple really.

B: Who is to say they aren't already voting with their wallets?

Apple market share is and will continue to tell us.

I'm aware you were just trying to dismiss my comment out of hand, with the standard 'don't buy it if you don't like it' attitude that people use when trying to shut down a discussion, in defence of their favourite giant corporation.
You are wrong: I couldn’t care less about Apple. Right now, I happen to like their products and to me, their lineup makes sense. If they go under, I will go elsewhere and in fact, I can decide to do so at any time if they would do something I didn’t like.

You have the same option.

What I do not grasp is what you hope to achieve by bemoaning their market strategy: you will not be able to change it and chances are, they have carefully thought it through. Your perceptions are likely not this of the majority of other customers lest Apple would be consciously want to drive off customers.

In all, ‘don’t buy what you don’t like or cannot afford and be happy with that choice’ seems like a healthy attitude :)

• Disagree
Reactions: ric22

Boing123

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2024

Why you would address that statement to me is anyone's guess. A: I can't influence them all. B: Who is to say they aren't already voting with their wallets?

People are clearly voting with their wallets... they are loving it seems like 🤓

1714713611217.png

Reactions: Tagbert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.