Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does your iPhone 15 Pro have a sharp edge between the back cover glass and the titanium frame?

• Yes

Votes: 117 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 181 60.7%

• Total voters

Spheres

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2023
I checked front and back a number of times -- I can't detect anything on mine.

Model: iPhone 15 Pro Max
Carrier: Unlocked
Capacity: 512GB
Color: Titanium-White

Reactions: MoonCakeTropics

iMacca44

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2012
I’ll probably have to compare to others in the store to see if mine is normal. My initial feeling was that it was sharp, but it’s perfectly smooth and uniform around the whole phone and feels the same on the front and back.

If I run my fingers around the back it feels smooth, but holding it naked or rubbing my finger from the frame to the back it almost feels like there is a lip for the frame.

I got an Apple Watch Ultra 2 as well and its bezel seems similar to the phone frame, so I’m wondering if this is just an adjustment to titanium and how they have to put the phone together now.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
Both mine and my wife’s have somewhat sharp, well I wouldn’t say sharp at all really there’s not a smooth transition between the back and the titanium, it doesn’t bother me much and her not at all but I do find myself missing the SS from my 14P a little bit. You can definitely feel where the edges meet the glass.

Can’t quite figure out what it is but I did like the 14p design a tiny bit more. LOVE the natural TI coloring though.

iMacca44

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2012
Both mine and my wife’s have somewhat sharp, well I wouldn’t say sharp at all really there’s not a smooth transition between the back and the titanium, it doesn’t bother me much and her not at all but I do find myself missing the SS from my 14P a little bit. You can definitely feel where the edges meet the glass.

Can’t quite figure out what it is but I did like the 14p design a tiny bit more. LOVE the natural TI coloring though.
Yeah I feel like sharp is misleading, the transition isn’t as smooth as the 14 pros but I don’t think it’s a defect. The more I use it the more normal it feels. The weight difference definitely makes up for it!

vroom2

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2019
Liking the results of the poll so far. Hopefully tomorrow I can check another off in the good category (I will because I’ll be inspecting the phone before I leave the store lol)

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
no sharp edges, the edge slightly higher than the bezel, nearly flush and barely noticeable. The glass appears beveled in the photo
IMG_0187.jpeg

Last edited:

vroom2

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2019
no sharp edges, the edge slightly higher than the bezel, nearly flush and barely noticeable. The glass appears beveled in the photo View attachment 2277531
From looking at this pic, for clarity, nothing is actually sharp for anyone, right? The issue is you can feel a gap, an open seam between screen and band that is annoying? I think one user said it actually was cutting into their skin? Just trying to better understand the actual issue here.

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
From looking at this pic, for clarity, nothing is actually sharp for anyone, right? The issue is you can feel a gap, an open seam between screen and band that is annoying? I think one user said it actually was cutting into their skin? Just trying to better understand the actual issue here.
Nothing is at all sharp in the slightest. Of course I can feel a transition of the glass and the bevel, but I wouldn’t call it a gap. It feels perfectly normal to me.

Note that the screens are manufactured by many different companies in different countries, so I imagine quality control oversight failed at some of the plants though I’m sure it didn’t go unnoticed, it’s probably more cost effective to only replace the screens only on the phones that individuals are unsatisfied with.

Bash310

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2016
My titanium pro also has sharp edge on the back. I felt it right away when I held it in my hand. I am definitely going to exchange it.

iMacca44

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2012
Yeah that’s what I’m saying too. I notice more of a difference vs my 14pm but it’s just the more beveled edge meeting the glass

MoonCakeTropics

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2022

Mine is actually sharp and kind of scrubs off my skin after typing too long to make it irritated like taking too much of a layer of skin off.

• Wow
Reactions: Ntombi and Nozuka

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
Yeah I feel like sharp is misleading, the transition isn’t as smooth as the 14 pros but I don’t think it’s a defect. The more I use it the more normal it feels. The weight difference definitely makes up for it!
See I’m having trouble getting used to it. It definitely feels scratchy on all sides on the back where my hands rest. I definitely do not want to go through and exchange so hopefully it just grows on me. My wife’s is definitely much smoother than mine. I think I just have to get used to the titanium feel in general, I really loved the SS from my 14p.

vroom2

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2019
See I’m having trouble getting used to it. It definitely feels scratchy on all sides on the back where my hands rest. I definitely do not want to go through and exchange so hopefully it just grows on me. My wife’s is definitely much smoother than mine. I think I just have to get used to the titanium feel in general, I really loved the SS from my 14p.
If your wife’s is smoother, then why try to get used to it? Exchange it now, as it will only become more bothersome. Your wife’s phone has already confirmed for you that this does not have to be an issue you have to live with or try to get used to, and frankly at the price you paid, you shouldn’t have to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.