Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZigzagRacer

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2023
My first thought was an app update needing authentication. Or, similarly, perhaps an in-app purchase attempting to restore.

Have (either of) you logged out of the App Store, signed back in, and used your device long enough to assume the problem is corrected?
I’ve tried this many times. I’ve even tried using my phone signed out of App Store but this pop up still appears.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
My first thought was an app update needing authentication. Or, similarly, perhaps an in-app purchase attempting to restore.

Have (either of) you logged out of the App Store, signed back in, and used your device long enough to assume the problem is corrected?
I didn't log out yet. The only thing I did was re-install the Instagram app about 2 weeks ago and so far, I didn't have this issue again. But then again, maybe the issue isn't even Instagram-specific and it also happened very rarely (about once a month).

ZigzagRacer

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2023
I don’t know if anyone still has this issue, but it seemed to have gotten fixed a few iOS updates ago. I haven’t seen this since June/july.

Reactions: chris4565
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.