Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flamingdeathbolts

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2023
Still playing Assassins Creed Mirage - I haven’t picked up Spider-Man yet as I like to play through a game at a time…….that and I’m hoping the price for Spider-Man will drop a bit by the time I‘m ready to play it!!! Lol
I’m doing something similar to you right now. Finally picked up Cyberpunk last week and hoping by the time I am done with it can maybe get a Black Friday special sale on AC Mirage and/or Spider-Man

Reactions: Ifti

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
You can apparently play over the internet somewhere else on your personal PS5 at home but I'd be amazed if that was a remotely good experience. I'd imagine you'd need your PS5 hardwired and have really good upload speeds to have a decent chance.
I've actually seen quite a few people speak positively of the remote experience.

Amishpriest

macrumors member
May 15, 2022
Montgomery Village, MD
I've actually seen quite a few people speak positively of the remote experience.
My experience when traveling is kinda iffy, though I never pay for the "good" internet at hotels. I am curious to see hands on real world impressions of the Portal.

As for Spider-Man 2...well, I haven't finished 1 or played Miles Morales, so it might be awhile. Still would be curious to hear impressions here.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
If you are in the UK and are after a PS5, or know anyone who is, John Lewis have the OG disk model with COD MW3 on sale for £410! I got a similar deal on one with the EA football game, and that deal was on for about a week, week and a half? So don’t hang about if you want one:

Looks like some cracking offers on these bundles, I guess trying to move out the old PS5 stock.

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
Well, I did it, I purchased a PS5 slim this last weekend. It was the Call of Duty Modern Warfare III bundle since it was available for pick up at my local Target, but the thing is I don't play that genre of game, so...

Does anyone want a free code for the Cross-Gen Bundle of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III and Lockpick Operator Pack?

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
Well, I did it, I purchased a PS5 slim this last weekend. It was the Call of Duty Modern Warfare III bundle since it was available for pick up at my local Target, but the thing is I don't play that genre of game, so...

Does anyone want a free code for the Cross-Gen Bundle of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III and Lockpick Operator Pack?
Sell it back on eBay. I chose the MW3 bundle since I only play Call Of Duty, GTA, and FIFA

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
I didn't think it would be so hard to give away a free copy of Call of Duty: MWIII... I guess I'll expand the invite to the marketplace as a freebie.

FYI, it cost me nothing, so I have no real desire to try to sell it.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifti and diamond.g

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I didn't think it would be so hard to give away a free copy of Call of Duty: MWIII... I guess I'll expand the invite to the marketplace as a freebie.

FYI, it cost me nothing, so I have no real desire to try to sell it.

I'd love a free code for the game. Was looking to maybe pick it up in the sales anyways - but I'm not sure if your code would work in the UK?

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
If you want one and are not fussed about getting the slim, grab it while you can in the UK anyway. I assume it's on sale in the US too?

It's £380 so £100 off.

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
I'd love a free code for the game. Was looking to maybe pick it up in the sales anyways - but I'm not sure if your code would work in the UK?

I was simply passing along the message on the code sheet, which reads "CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE III is available for play in the Americas". I am not sure how the code sheet reads across the pond.

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
Being someone who buys every console, I cannot believe the free fall prices of PS5 NVME's. When the PS5 launched I bought a 1TB Firecuda 530 for $190. Today I ordered a Nextorage 4TB NVME with a heatsink designed by former Sony engineers for $200.

• Wow
Reactions: Amishpriest

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
I bought and downloaded it yesterday, so will start this afternoon. 106GB download!
I just ordered the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition from Amazon for $34.95 and with the BF deals, i've also purchased, Nioh Complete edition, Ghost f Tsushima Directors Cut, God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West Complete edition, Final Fantasy VII Remake and FF XVI.

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
I just ordered the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition from Amazon for $34.95 and with the BF deals, i've also purchased, Nioh Complete edition, Ghost f Tsushima Directors Cut, God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West Complete edition, Final Fantasy VII Remake and FF XVI.
You could most likely find those games on eBay for cheap. During the PS4 era, I would buy a game on day one beat it within a week, and sell it back on eBay at full price.

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
You could most likely find those games on eBay for cheap. During the PS4 era, I would buy a game on day one beat it within a week, and sell it back on eBay at full price.
Oh yeah , you're right and I did check Ebay before purchase. The Ebay prices for the most part were around the same price +/- a few dollars. Most of those games were digital purchases. FFVII Remake was $15 on the Playstation store.

Edit: Last week I snagged Callisto Protocol PS5 NIB for $11.49 on Ebay. I always go there to check prices. When the prices are real close, I stick with new.

Last edited:

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
During the PS4 era, I would buy a game on day one beat it within a week, and sell it back on eBay at full price.

Question: What made people willing to pay the full retail price for a used game?

(If I were looking to buy a copy of a game and I had a choice between a sealed, unused disc from a retail store or an opened, used disc offered by a person on an auction website for the same price, I would buy from the retailer.)

Amishpriest

macrumors member
May 15, 2022
Montgomery Village, MD
Being someone who buys every console, I cannot believe the free fall prices of PS5 NVME's. When the PS5 launched I bought a 1TB Firecuda 530 for $190. Today I ordered a Nextorage 4TB NVME with a heatsink designed by former Sony engineers for $200.

I haven't been looking much at prices, but now I'm thinking I should bite. Been working with the default storage since launch (plus an external HD for my PS4 games).

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
Question: What made people willing to pay the full retail price for a used game?

(If I were looking to buy a copy of a game and I had a choice between a sealed, unused disc from a retail store or an opened, used disc offered by a person on an auction website for the same price, I would buy from the retailer.)
Not everyone is smart but it’s great for me. 😁That’s why I prefer disc consoles

Reactions: Ifti and KaliYoni

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
I haven't been looking much at prices, but now I'm thinking I should bite. Been working with the default storage since launch (plus an external HD for my PS4 games).
I went with another brand and saved even more. It's gotten good reviews, 4TB NVME for $179 and it's returnable until Jan 31st.

Reactions: Amishpriest

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016

That's how I look at it as well. I usually go with brand new unless the game is no longer in production and the price is cheap. On Ebay, I picked up a brand new copy of The Callisto Protocol PS5 for $11.49 with free shipping. I will avoid any used game unless it is being sold at 75% off but as the person you replied too said, not everyone is a smart shopper. I see it all the time on Ebay where bidding on a used game is near the price of a new game and in many cases, it's cheaper buying it at retail or directly from the console.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
What‘s the situation with remote play these days? Can I use an iPad to remote play from my PS5? From around the world with a good internet connection? Can I use the Dual Sense controller for that on my iPad?

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
What‘s the situation with remote play these days? Can I use an iPad to remote play from my PS5? From around the world with a good internet connection? Can I use the Dual Sense controller for that on my iPad?
I thought remote play was still hot garbage?

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Picked up a nice 2TB Western Digital Black SSD with heatsink for my PS5 I’m getting for Christmas, got it in the Black Friday deals. Should last me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.